The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

All the people I work with are massive RM fans, and they are looking forward to their big match this weekend. Early start today, so no drinks tonight. Bring it on tomorrow though :rolleyes:

I was talking about Gabz' actually but ok! :omg:

Can't believe this, come on let's dick 'em.

I'm giddy. What a wonderful take and lay-off from Rooney (classic stuff from him), and an intelligently placed finish from Gibson (unsighting the keeper) for the first goal. The second followed great work from Valencia, to get the ball in that space between the defence and the keeper. All it required was a touch, and Nani showed great invention to backheel it in.

Much more energy from us in midfield, more pressure in defence and a higher tempo in attack. This is the real United.

Gibson and Valencia showing so much fight and desire. Rafael showing a bit too much there, though.

We look solid at the back, and we're cutting out their play early. Good thing, as if they score this is all square. That doesn't seem likely though, Bayern are shellshocked and really haven't turned up yet. After our start, it would feel like a missed opportunity if we hadn't put this to bed by half time. Rooney looks like he might be off.

You have to wonder why Neville even gets a look in.

Not worth risking Rooney really, even though he wants to stay on, you can tell he's feeling it. Having our talisman on the pitch has raised everyone's game, and he's already played a part in one goal, but we have the run in to think of. Berbatov's warming up.

Incredible pass from Fletch! Valencia can only get a corner, but it was so beautiful.

Shame about that. He's not a forward... Fabio probably would've put it away though. One of those cases where the runners can either be used as an option, or a disguise for the shot. I think he made the right choice to shoot, but the execution wasn't quite right.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!I!I!I!!I

Who needs Messi when you've NANI!!