The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Nah, Carrick should've done better.

That is true. Thought it was a foul at first but on seeing a replay, Carrick is a southern softie.

Rafael has been absolutely fucking immense. he's made Ribery look average, skinned him for the first goal and should have scored himself. Two awesome goals by Nani too.

We really should win this easily but the bloody away goals rule means Bayern still have a great chance. If we can get another early in the second half I fancy our chances to do another Roma.

Rafael. :rolleyes: Held back Ribery. He's been brilliant, but I guess young players can make mistakes. I don't think this will affect our ability in attack, as Robben and Ribery don't track back. We need to get someone to right back, though, probably Fletch.

A nervous start, for sure.

Very harsh 2nd yellow card there. Should've been a talking to and nothing more.

Dirty Germans crowding the ref!

I know the game is at Old Trafford and different rules usually apply to the home team, but seriously, you cant defend Rafael at all here. The first yellow was just a stupid display of petulance, the second? Well, you don't go grabbing a player who is streaking away from you when you are on a booking do you? It's asking to be sent off.

Crowding the ref is always ugly, but United virtually invented that.

I know the game is at Old Trafford and different rules usually apply to the home team, but seriously, you cant defend Rafael at all here. The first yellow was just a stupid display of petulance, the second? Well, you don't go grabbing a player who is streaking away from you when you are on a booking do you? It's asking to be sent off.

Absolutely. I love the little guy, but you can't defend him. He's just got to learn from it.

Game is in the balance. Van Der Sar is keeping us in it.