The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Towards the end, it was the worst footballing experience possible. Bayern were keeping the ball so well, and we so desperately wanted it. As a result, though, certainly nott as bad as getting knocked out of the FA cup by league one Leeds.

Fuck off out you twat.

Ah well. Some wonderful timewasting there, and the ref blows on three minutes. At least we showed some fight, and before the sending off we were at our best

Fuck you armchair fan! I think it was a great game and the better team won. I've probably watched more united games than you've had hot dinners. In europe I tend to support english teams.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford: "Manchester United's hopes of a third successive Champions League final are over - and so much damage was caused by that goal carelessly conceded to Ivica Olic just before the interval. It breathed fresh life into a Bayern team that had been swept away. Tough on United after that blistering first 40 minutes, but Arjen Robben's goal was worthy of sealing any team's passage into the semi-finals. Third loss in succession and this completes a nightmare week for Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson."

I think he needs to check the final score again...

Such a great first half performance. It's difficult to be too harsh on Rafael, but he is the kind of player who I'd always fear for when getting a yellow in the first half.

I'm going to find a dark corner and mumble something about the World Cup to myself for a few weeks.

@ AngryH

GET OUT. If you don't want that reaction, don't troll in this thread. CaptainLeChuck can also get bent. I am a committed supporter of United, but I respect other fans and I won't go in their threads to gloat.

Yeah Bayern played well, took their chances. The sending off changed everything, but they fought for the result and I can't say they don't deserve to go through. You're assuming a lot. Don't.

Rafael's second yellow looked soft. I haven't seem the whole game so don't know if he deserved it for persistent fouling, but a 2nd yellow for that?

It was a weird one in that he got his first yellow, then the next offence was a yellow as well - most referees tend to give a warning in that situation along the lines of 'this is the last warning, one more and it's second yellow'. Oh well, I didn't think it looked particularly like a yellow card offence

The first was pretty cynical and a yellow for me. The second is probably just about a yellow by law but plenty of other challenges went un-carded so it's frustrating in that respect. Rafael still shouldn't have done it mind and I do worry what effect this will have on his confidence as him and Nani and Fletcher were the best players on the pitch in the first half.

Rafael's second yellow looked soft. I haven't seem the whole game so don't know if he deserved it for persistent fouling, but a 2nd yellow for that?

Just the rules of the game man, it was a yellow every time. Which is why I'm surprised to hear:

"Young boy, inexperience, but they got him sent off. They all rushed towards the referee. Typical Germans. You can't dispute that." Ferguson

I don't get to see the post match interviews here but just seen this quoted on the BBC - the man has no class at all in defeat.

Its not the first time Raf done something like this, he might be a good player one day but these are not the games to be giving him experience in.

I think this might just be Bayern's year, a disgraceful offside decision and a robben wonder goal while being outplayed by fiorentina and then us hitting the crossbar when 1-0 in the first leg and having a sending off go in their favour today. I'm off to the bookies tommorow.