The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Oh, well, as long as you're sure.

I don't gloat at all. Which is more than I can say for you.

I liked how you capitalised 'GAY', that cut deep. The schoolboy insults were also heartbreaking.

Ooh nearly missed this

green and yellows' you prick. Committed fan pfft.

Ooh nearly missed this

green and yellows' you prick. Committed fan pfft.

Even I can tell from all the way down in Bristol that it's green and gold. If you're going to make up amusing acronyms at least get the component words right, eh.

EDIT: You witless, classless, antagonistic etc etc.

this kind of idiocy is the reason that people like me only bother reading off-topic threads on rllmuk once every three or four months. just so you know.

:o

This kind of idiocy is the reason I ALWAYS read off-topic! Just so you know.

Guessing WHY? Fatbob is from Cornwall, TBB is from Leeds (as is Trigg) and I'm sure Mr Do is London way.

Been through this before, I'm not from Cornwall at all, that's just where I'm living temporarily (I'm sure the Cornish wouldn't thank me for counting an imigrant from England as 'Cornish' :D). What's that got to do with anything anyway? Isn't this kind of attack on where people live a bit passé? Of all the things to give us shit over on an Internet forum! :o

Nice job remembering where we're all from though, I think I may have mentioned it that one time a couple of years back overall since 'ought-three! I don't need to worry do I? :D

Edit: Oh, and I'm movin to Oxford soon, so update that dossier!

What struck me about the game, "watching" commentary on Sky Sports Update centre on my iPhone, was that for most of the first half Bayern hadn't seemed to even have a single shot. Their first, which was a horrible, cheap goal to concede, before half time seemed to send Man Utd into disarray.

Having now seen highlights, Rafael looked magnificent and the sending off was very, very harsh. He had a slight tug at him; not a proper shirt pull. A yellow for that? Rubbish. I can see why Ferguson is annoyed at Bayern, yet can you blame them when the ref makes the decisions?

Nani probably could have had a hat trick (should have), his first goal was awesome.

I'm surprised Man U let it slip; is Carrick taking most of the stick for this one?

Nailed it on the head really, like I said earlier the Olic goal and the sending off really turned it round. It shouldn't have though, that's what is so perplexing about United at the moment, they don't seem to have the confidence to keep attacking and going all out for the win (we certainly can't defend a lead for more than half an hour it seems against the good teams).

What a wasted oppertunity to get back on track, all those chances over two legs to put it way beyond Bayern. Tough to take. :o

I'm surprised Man U let it slip; is Carrick taking most of the stick for this one?

Yes...Yes he is. Although I don't understand why he was the one tracking back with Olic for Munich's first. Surely Vids or Rio should have picked him up. I also feel that Rafael's sending off was harsh just for the simple inconsistencies of the refereeing. His first yellow was a blatant foul on him, more blatant than his second yellow. Yes there was petulance there, but Ribery showed the same, if not more, petulance after the second yellow "challenge". I would have been able to accept his sending off if we got a free for the first incident and Rafael still reacted the way he did, and if Ribery had also been booked for his reaction to the second yellow. I also agree with Fergie that the ref would never have given that second yellow if Bayern weren't crowding the ref. You could see he had no intention until all their German bitching.

I also agree with Fergie that the ref would never have given that second yellow if Bayern weren't crowding the ref. You could see he had no intention until all their German bitching.

Yep, damn Ribery that well known German. Curses to Olic and Robben too!

Even I can tell from all the way down in Bristol that it's green and gold. If you're going to make up amusing acronyms at least get the component words right, eh.

EDIT: You witless, classless, antagonistic etc etc.

ORLY. Green and Yellow are the original colours of the Newton Heath team. United fans have labelled it green and gold. Just to reiterate. The colours are green and yellow. Thus the unfortunate acronym.

Been through this before, I'm not from Cornwall at all, that's just where I'm living temporarily (I'm sure the Cornish wouldn't thank me for counting an imigrant from England as 'Cornish' :D). What's that got to do with anything anyway? Isn't this kind of attack on where people live a bit passé? Of all the things to give us shit over on an Internet forum! :o

Nice job compiling a dossier of where we're all from though, I think I may have mentioned it that one time a couple of years back overall since 'ought-three! I don't need to worry do I? :D

Hey I happened to view your portfolio which said 'raised and currently living in Cornwall'. I suppose you were born beneath the shadow of the stretford end? I can point out where that is if you like? TBB is quite a prolific poster and I've been around long enough. Dossier lol.

The attack on where people live and which football team they support is passe. SO! When has football slanging not been passe or it fans tiresome? When you go to a match do you get tired of singing songs about the other team and it's fans? Football is quite primitive and tribal in that way.

It's accademic now, but it wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't gone old school Beckham and kicked out at him. I'm not sure how much the ref being pressured did honestly, but either way that second card was mentally harsh. A good ref would have at least given a final warning to the kid, especially just after the half starts.

Do you guys think that keeping Tevez would have made a difference this season (a positive one)? Or might his performances in other games have hampered you to this point?

Do you guys think that keeping Tevez would have made a difference this season (a positive one)? Or might his performances in other games have hampered you to this point?

He'd have fayred better than Berbatov I'd imagine. But the fact is he just wasn't that great at United, we all loved him but things were not quite right.

This week has shown how desperately we need cover for Rooney. We missed him even when we had Ronaldo and Tevez, but obviously not so much. His energy chasing at the front would've been vital too, when we need the ball and the other team is keeping it so well. Just look at his performances for City, of course we miss him. For me, he always gave his all for the club, and if it wasn't for the debt, we would've signed him at least a year before his loan ended.

Hey I happened to view your portfolio which said 'raised and currently living in Cornwall'. I suppose you were born beneath the shadow of the stretford end? I can point out where that is if you like? TBB is quite a prolific poster and I've been around long enough. Dossier lol.

The attack on where people live and which football team they support is passe. SO! When has football slanging not been passe or it fans tiresome? When you go to a match do you get tired of singing songs about the other team and it's fans? Football is quite primitive and tribal in that way.

Just for you, I'll go through my recent family history again: Family are from Bury/Heywood but have lived all over, my dad is originally from Birmingham and I ended up being born half way between in Stafford. Spent a decent part of my childhood onward in Cornwall at school, where I am again briefly, but obviously don't consider myself Cornish as you do. We've always been a United supporting family for whatever reason except my Pops who is a Shaker, and my Dad obviously who is Blue. But as they divorced when was little I've always been United.

So I guess I should support Bury, Stafford Rangers and Falmouth Town (the latter I did used to go to every week in the Jolly's drinks league golden years - glory fan LOL).

You may say this kind of attack on where you are from is all part of football's tribalism, but the truth of the matter is that not everyones life is as simple as 'Born in the shadow of the Stretford End'. And if that's the best way you have found to get at us (alongside anagrams) then fine, but at least Disciple posts pictures from time to time. :D

That about covers it my lover. :D

That they did. Thing is, you'd think being the home side and so dominant for so long you'd have hoped to be more than one up, especially considering it came in the last minute as the result of an error from an uncharacteristic source. I seriously doubt Evra will repeat such an act, what about the odds on the performance of their two next week?

I think you were right, you'd expect to be more than one up. You were last night, 3 up and cruising, in part because of (as you correctly predicted) their defence was a shambles.

Unfortunately, your defence decided not to turn up again as well and now you are out of Europe.

I'm pretty sure I am speaking too soon as we go and lose tonight against Benfica, but hey, its all in jest. :D

So I guess I should support Bury, Stafford Rangers and Falmouth Town (the latter I did used to go to every week in the Jolly's drinks league golden years - glory fan LOL).

I think you'll find that the glory years were when it was the Jewson South Western League. :D Pfft! Bloody fair weather Mabe glory hunters :D

What struck me about the game, "watching" commentary on Sky Sports Update centre on my iPhone, was that for most of the first half Bayern hadn't seemed to even have a single shot. Their first, which was a horrible, cheap goal to concede, before half time seemed to send Man Utd into disarray.

Having now seen highlights, Rafael looked magnificent and the sending off was very, very harsh. He had a slight tug at him; not a proper shirt pull. A yellow for that? Rubbish. I can see why Ferguson is annoyed at Bayern, yet can you blame them when the ref makes the decisions?

Nani probably could have had a hat trick (should have), his first goal was awesome.

Good post.

He'd have fayred better than Berbatov I'd imagine. But the fact is he just wasn't that great at United, we all loved him but things were not quite right.

We didn't all love him. :D

Although now with Ronaldo gone I'm sure he'd have been awesome for us. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8609973.stm

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for an undisclosed fee.

The deal for the 21-year-old, who has scored four goals in four senior international appearances for Mexico, is subject to a work permit.

That was a little out of the blue.

Edit:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=6647972

Manchester United is pleased to announce it has reached agreement with Mexican club, Chivas de Guadalajara for the purchase of 21 year-old Mexican striker Javier Hernandez, better known as “Chicharito,” for an undisclosed fee, subject to a successful application for a UK work permit.

Personal terms have been agreed and Javier passed a medical in Manchester this week.

The application for the work permit will be submitted shortly. If a permit is granted, Javier will become a Manchester United player on 1 July 2010. As part of the deal, the Club will play a match to open the new 45,000 capacity Chivas Stadium in Guadalajara as part of its 2010/11 season preparations.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country. He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer.

“We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."