The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Well we totally deserved to win that today, as we were by far the better side. I'm still worried by our apparent lack of concentration when we've got a lead though. I'm just happy Berbs was on fire.

Berbatov keeps throwing eggs all over my face at the moment. Not only is he on fire but he could actually turn out to be worth £30m after all, which didn't look possible even before he arrived at the club.

There was talk from what appeared to be idiots of him being the new Cantona. Fuck that, I thought. But today there's no denying that his second goal required a turning up of the collar and a casual look around all four sides of the stadium.

Ferguson said he was ill, apparently that's also why Giggs headed off down the tunnel when he was substituted.

Evans actually had a good game apart from the penalty although I think he probably could do with a couple of games off. O'Shea had a decent enough game (as you'd expect against a team playing with zero width) but hopefully Rafael will get a game on Wednesday and can force his way back into the first team.

Was great to see Anderson back even if he didn't have a chance to do much. Berbatov was immense though, he finally looks like he's got the confidence to go for it and just back himself. Last season we'd have just been watching an out of form Berbatov keep passing the ball to an out of form Rooney but he's really stepped up so far this season.

Despite his 3 goals i didn't think it was one of Berbas best performances. He's had better games and failed to score before now.

The defence is worrying, Liverpool were piss poor and they made it look like a tighter game.

You can't ignore the 3 goals though! It was by far his best performance in a Manchester United shirt and I thought his general game was very good to. He looked dangerous everytime he had the ball played into him.

He's on fire this season and answering a lot of questions that was thrown at him by 'fans' and the media.

Love how humble he is too, seems such a nice man :wub:

There were quite a few young players left out of yesterdays reserve game so should make for a young team tomorrow. Bebe looks like he'll be in the squad at least so would be great to see him on the bench at least.

God knows how we'll line up, didn't Rafael play in centre mid for one of our CC games last season? Roll on tomorrow!

So are we likely to see Ravel Morrison tomorrow?

Ravel Morrison is a supremely gifted talent; a skilful, creative midfielder capable of scoring and making goals.

He can play in wide positions, in the centre of the park, or just behind the main striker. The Wythenshawe youngster uses his skill and unique style of play to draw opponents before easing past them.

ManUtd.com

Did he play yesterday? I don't think we'll see him in the first team this season (CC or otherwise) as Obertan and Bebe need the experience out wide more than he does and I can't see him being given a slot in the center of midfield. If anyone gets given a go in the center it will probably be Ekreim, he's been one of the standouts in the reserves so far this year.

Morrison played for the reserves last night but went off injured after 30 minutes or so. No clue as to the injury. Plus, no way is he ready for the first team yet, cup game or otherwise. Ekreim also played last night too.

My bad, I didn't watch the game but i'm sure I read that Ekreim, Obertan and Bebe had been left out of the squad. Must have just been the last two then.

Of the players you would expect to have played for the reserves De Laet, Gill, Obertan and Bebe were left out so they might be involved somewhere. I'd imagine the starting lineup for tomorrow would be

--------------Kusz

Raph---Brown---Smalling---Fabio

Obertan---Anderson---Gibson---Park

---------Owen----Hernandez/Macheda

I'd go for:

- Kuszczak -

- Rafael - Rio - Smalling - Fabio

- Bebe - Anderson - Gibson - Obertan -

- Rooney - Macheda -

Looking forward to seeing Bébé and Obertan tonight with Valencia injured they've got a chance to stake a claim for some games. More so Obertan, obviously. I'd also play Rooney to give him some game time as he's still looking a bit rusty and a goal would hopefully kick start his season as he's very much a streaky player.