The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

I'd go for:

- Kuszczak -

- Rafael - Rio - Smalling - Fabio

- Bebe - Anderson - Gibson - Obertan -

- Rooney - Macheda -

Looking forward to seeing Bébé and Obertan tonight with Valencia injured they've got a chance to stake a claim for some games. More so Obertan, obviously. I'd also play Rooney to give him some game time as he's still looking a bit rusty and a goal would hopefully kick start his season as he's very much a streaky player.

If all the players in that formation live up to their potential in the next few years it is utterly terrifying.

If all the players in that formation live up to their potential in the next few years it is utterly terrifying.

Even Rio :hmm:

Smalling is one of the most interesting out of that lot as although he's been a bit rash at times he's (very) tall, strong, quick and looks incredibly comfortable on the ball. It's probably safe to say Rio will be a bit part player from now on so having Vidic bringing through both Evans and Smalling until they take over (remember they are only 23 and 21 respectively IIRC) is a pretty good situation to be in.

Can't see Hernandez playing off Owen (or Rooney playing) so i'm hoping Macheda will play.

I really hope Rafael plays too, can't believe the poor chap hasn't got a game so far this season!

Been a bit poor first half although pretty much expected that after seeing the formation. Two really well taken goals mind.

Would like to see one of the strikers go off for Obertan, stick Park on the opposite wing. Oh, and for Kuzcack to improve his distribution a bit!

Yeah he looked tidy with the ball at his feet and was quite happy running at players. Can't really say much more than that up against a tired Championship defense though.

Smalling looked very good though, one assist, one really well taken goal and some excellent blocks.

Great how? Control? Positioning? Movement? Pace? Wearing a fancy hat? :)

Heh, he was eager and looking for the run, confident on the ball despite never having played for the first team and only one reserve match, wasn't afraid to shoot, just blended in well to the game, as if he'd studied it and knew what to be doing. I suppose watching it may've helped! But, I think he looked really good.