The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Valencia are getting some great balls in there, if their players had committed themselves to get onto the end of them we probably wouldn't still be in this.

After this game, I now hate Soldado. Typifies all the bad stereotypes about Spanish football. Anyway, nice to see Hernandez making an impact already. This is still probably heading for a draw unless we're very lucky... LIKE THAT!

FUCK YEAH! Not entirely deserved, but a lovely finish and they fell asleep. Defend, defend, defend now.

Is it me, or do Spainish team always have the most dickheads?

Yeah totally!!!!

What are you on about? Man Utd themselves, on the pitch today, have Nani (diving whiny bitch), Ferdinand (druggie), Vidic (thug) and Evra (French). Not only that they have the biggest CUNT of a manager in the game. Great manager. But a first class cunt. And yes I've considered Sam Allardyce.

Yeah totally!!!!

What are you on about? Man Utd themselves, on the pitch today, have Nani (diving whiny bitch), Ferdinand (druggie), Vidic (thug) and Evra (French). Not only that they have the biggest CUNT of a manager in the game. Great manager. But a first class cunt. And yes I've considered Sam Allardyce.

You think Given is the best keeper in the PL in the last 10 years so your opinion is officially NULL AND VOID.

Yeah totally!!!!

Soldado, Navarro and Cesar easily out cunt anyone we, and most teams in England, have to offer. Also you've clearly left out Harry Redknapp in your assessment of the cuntiest mangers.

It wasn't vintage by any stretch and if Valencia had anything about them they'd have had someone on the end of a few of those killer balls.

Nani did well, he did some defensive work as well as being the main impetus for attack. Fantastic finish by Chicha and unselfish play by Kiko for the goal.

3 points, whoop

The more I watch the goal the better that first touch looks, it really was excellent. Vidic was top draw all game too. If we have to rely on Park on the wing for any stretch of games we will struggle though, he was proper abysmal.

Definitely, with every replay I see I get more and more impressed. The speed with which he reacted to the ball, the touch and getting the strike away quickly enough so the defenders couldn't reach it was just great. Really hope we get to see him more and more now, especially with Rooney out of sorts.

What has happened to Carrick, I'm sure I remember he used to be able to pass it forward occasionally. I thought it was weird starting Raf in a game where he would be up against Mata and where we needed some kind of result but wouldn't play him against Newcastle or Fulham, but he easily handled it. I hope cramp was the reason he went off and he's ready to make the right back spot his own, I dont think I could put up with O'Shea/Neville at right back for much longer.

C'mon now, slight exaggeration.

Well it was, really. Could have been better but thats the performances we've been putting in for the last few years in Europe. I'd argue we're second to none in playing away from home in Europe and our record over the last few years backs that statement up. Thats how you win away from home.

Defence was very promising. Evra aside everyone looked very assured, with Rio and Rafael now in for a shout to start at the weekend surely. They can only get tighter with time together on the pitch, too. If the mopping up had been better in midfield, it would've been an impressive defensive display. Our midfield was just a bit shit; Carrick didn't look ready for such a big game, and Anderson looked like himself, but was probably played too far forward. Fletcher didn't impose himself on the game, but I don't think that's his fault, the setup around him wasn't really working. We missed Scholes badly, but then we always do. I'm sure with him in the team, we would've go an extra 5% of the possession at least. Nani and Berbatov put in some great work, but Park looked terrible. There's just a few areas of concern really, and despite being a boring game, it was full of positives for us.

Great decision by SAF, sending on two young and hungry forwards when we needed a goal. Sometimes football really is that simple.