The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

It's just a typical performance from the past couple of seasons. Workmanlike, pretty tedious but I'd still fancy us to score at some point. We're certainly not a team a neutral would appreciate anymore though.

Definitely. Man... its amazing to thing not very long ago you had Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov just absolutely ruining teams. Even as a Liverpool fan it was pretty impressive to watch.

Zidane couldn't tackle, was he not a complete football then?

Everything you say is just dribble, fuck off out this thread please.

The difference is that Scholes keeps clattering people/getting yellow cards/etc. We all know that, can you not see it?

You lot are so boring these days.

I think the fact that we're readying Obertan, Macheda and Gibson says it all. They're just not good enough, and never will be, to play at the highest level.

Seriously on the ropes here

Fuck me, this is some of the worst football I've ever seen from United. They are so lethargic and complacent that Villa are taking the piss. It's pathetic. I'm starting to understand Rooney's comments that the club lacks ambition. We deserve to lose.

As if. They're devoid of ideas and talent.

Just for once I'd love to be able to say that we look good and have some kind of desire for the game, but the way it is we'll win nothing with the current squad.

Fuck me, this is some of the worst football I've ever seen from United. They are so lethargic and complacent that Villa are taking the piss. It's pathetic. I'm starting to understand Rooney's comments that the club lacks ambition. We deserve to lose.

Dont always agree with you usually overly negative view point but I have no comeback to this. We are awful, no creativity, no spark, no drive.

If Fergie thinks this team can win the league he is an idiot.

VIDA! Right, you can all stop moping, this game is officially no longer a disaster.

This might feel unfair on Villa, but really they've been naïve. O'Neill's Villa would've got the ball to the corner flag and basically just sat on it when they were 2-0 up. Houiller's young team have continued breaking and breaking... yes it might have put the game beyond us if they scored again, but they have also lost the ball again and again. They invited this pressure.

Let's be honest, the comeback is just masking the deficiencies. We deserved to lose and the team isn't good enough. The stats don't lie. 1 away win out of 7 is embarrassing for a team that aspires to win the league and not managing a shot on target in 80 minutes is abysmal.

The subs and a more positive approach helped in the last 15 mins, but Villa 'bricking it' and backing off/hoofing it also helped. If they had been able to close out the game, we would've got nothing from it. Very concerning. Anyway, here's the team I'd like to face Wigan;

Macheda

Hernandez

Obertan Nani

Anderson Fletch

Evra Rafael

Rio Vida

VDS

Obertan and Macheda deserve starts after helping salvage a point for us, so Berba and Park get dropped. Obviously I can't wait for Rooney to come back, relying on the likes of Macheda (hardly the finished product) smacks of desperation. Shouldn't be rushed back though, possibly a sub appearance next weekend would work.

I've heard it a couple of times today on Sky Sports and I'm sick to death of people saying that Berbatov would be playing better if he had some confidence.

It's a total bullshit line to disguise the fact he can't cut it at United. He's had ample time now to settle and the perfect opportunity with Rooney being out to show his worth, but it's just not happening for him.

I don't doubt he's very technically skilful, but I think enough's enough.

The team needs some serious rebuilding if we're going to challenge the likes of Chelsea and City and I don't think someone who always appears down does any favours to the players around him.

VIDA! Right, you can all stop moping, this game is officially no longer a disaster.

:lol: :lol:

Shit, that's a good one. At least it made me feel a little less angry.

But, yeah, angry today watching that shambolic excuse for a performance. A few things today that really, really got my goat:

- Nani is a complete and utter dickhead. I've felt this for a while in honesty with his diving and primadonna shit, but man today.

That little two minute spell where he collapsed in a heap leaving us in trouble defensively. He then comes back on the pitch absolutely fine, within seconds did his man intentionally with his arm. Then has the temerity to argue with the ref, all aggrieved that he's getting booked and probably should have seen red.

On his side, and it's a pretty massive plus in honesty, is that after 80 minutes of total and utter shite from him he can skin his man and put that ball in for the second. Has been doing the assists all season, without him and Scholes fuck knows how we'd score.

- That Nani freekick short to a free Evra, who puts a delicious ball into the box just waiting to be tapped in. It's clearly been worked on yet the strikers, or well anybody I guess, are nowhere near it. Sadly it was just about the most creative piece of play and it was utterly wasted.

- Berbatov is a bad word. His fucking moping around, man, I want to slap him. If shit isn't going perfectly then he mopes and seemingly just doesn't give a fuck. What he doesn't have to his credit is that whereas Nani can be playing shit and a dickhead yet still produce, everything has to be going swimmingly for him to produce. I don't like him berating his team mates when frankly he's not been doing a lot. I don't understand how he's gradually got worse since the Scouse game, should have a long hard look at himself and think what does being substituted when we're 2-0 down mean.

- In way I feel sorry for Berbatov, he and Chico got next to no service. Then again Sir Sulkalot didn't exactly move. But still the central midfield simply doesn't pass the ball forward and it really is shit for this club. This is the biggest moan and has been for years. The front 5 pales next to what it should be, that one that posted up for the Wigna game is terrifying.

I think liamness is overly optimistic to try and counter my (totally justified) negativity. You're right about the squad he's posted he wants to see against Wigan. It's a joke.

Fuck knows how we're clinging onto 2nd in the league, but I feel Chelsea will start to accelerate away now and we've literally got nothing left in the tank to catch them.

We're going to have to spend £200 million in the summer if Fergie wants to see that Prem title again before he retires and I really can't see that happening.

If Rooney is fit and he's in anyway part of Fergusons plans he has to start against Wigan, he needs to get as much playing time in as possible to get some kind of form back. Also its time to ditch 442, it just doesn't work with the midfielders we have. If we dont play Scholes we have no creativity and if he does play we dont have an effective shield when we lose it and that leads to us leaking goals.

Berbatov needs to go, the final straw for me was not even getting his shot on target when put through by Hernandez in the first half, he slows us down too much, doesn't work upfront on his own and hasn't got a partnership with Rooney.

This is the team I'd like to play as many matches as possible. Tell the front 3 to switch posistions during the match and swap Scholes for Anderson against the lower teams and hope and pray Ferguson has the money and sense to sign a midfielder for next season.

------------VDS

Raf------Rio-----Vidic-----Evra

-Carrick/Anderson--Fletcher

-----------Scholes

Nani-----------------Hernandez

------------Rooney

:lol:

I know, I know! I love a bit of drama.

I'd have a massive cull though if I was in charge. There are just too many average players in the squad at the moment and it's making us shit. It's pointless even speculating though, as the money is clearly not there.

Against City, I think we have to line up as such;

Berba

Park                 Nani

Anderson

Fletch  Carrick

Evra                    Rafael

Vida   Rio

VDS

This leaves Nani and Park to come inside or switch freely which I think we'll need. Both of them have proven to be capable of winning games this season, and I think they're our best attacking players available, so they have to play and they have to play with freedom. Perhaps Anderson, who must not've been fit today, could get in on the fun too. Dunno about Carrick, was he a concern going into the game? If neither of them are ready for City, that's going to be a tough game.

The subs and a more positive approach helped in the last 15 mins, but Villa 'bricking it' and backing off/hoofing it also helped. If they had been able to close out the game, we would've got nothing from it. Very concerning. Anyway, here's the team I'd like to face Wigan;

Macheda

Hernandez

Obertan                  Nani

Anderson Fletch

Evra                                Rafael

Rio  Vida

VDS

Obertan and Macheda deserve starts after helping salvage a point for us, so Berba and Park get dropped. Obviously I can't wait for Rooney to come back, relying on the likes of Macheda (hardly the finished product) smacks of desperation. Shouldn't be rushed back though, possibly a sub appearance next weekend would work.

Why do you keep picking Anderson instead of Scholes?! Scholes is far and away our best midfielder, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet if I was picking.

I agree he's our best, but I think he needs a rest (this season may well be his last, but if we burn him out if definitely will be), and Anderson needs time on the pitch. He's had a long spell out and only been a bit-part player since coming back. Scholes can come off the bench if needed... and hopefully Rooney will also be able to come on towards the end.

Wierd. That article says

The Glazers aren’t going to take any money out of the club to pay down the debt.

So I suppose they're just going to finance this with new debt? I can't see how else they'll pay for it. At least it'll probably be on less crazy terms. If true, this means we'll still have some cash sitting about, maybe for transfers but more likely just to sit there. Y'know, so the Glazers can say it's there and therefore they're not bleeding the club dry. Then SAF can say 'we have the cash, but there's no value in the market right now' etc.

Worst case scenario is they refinance and end up taking the money out of t he club at a later date. I can't imagine under what circumstances they would refinance at a higher interest rate so it can't get any worse in that respect. With some of the issues they are having in the States I find it hard to believe they could get that sort of loan on a much better interest rate though. Of course it could be secured against something but I thought it was only Carrington that it could be secured against and that isn't worth anything near £220 million.

Best case scenario is they've sold the club less the bonds which the new owners will keep (i'm sure the Red Knights suggested this). I think that is pretty hopeful at best though.