The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Can't find anything of Rafael's challenge on Varney, or his injury later on. If he was being treated for 6 minutes though... hope it's just concussion or something.

Video

This one looks like ESPN's post match coverage, it doesn't have Rafaels injury (just his pathetic effort on the line for the second) but it does have the penalty (2:00 mins in) and starts with Evra being taken out.

The control from Giggs and pass for the second was incredible. They go on about it in that video, it's worthy of it though.

Thought the game changed with the substitutions, Gibson off was obvious. Rooney off could have been controversial but was spot on, Fergie got it very right. Like everyone else I thought they were dead at 70 minutes, just couldn't keep up the intensity and we made the most of it. Cracking game of football.

Chico's pace and ability to get in behind players was the difference in the end I feel, it was the only time we put together any real meaningful attacking play.

And lucky that it was the one game that he managed to time his runs to perfection instead of racing through before the pass was even on. Hopefully he'll carry on with this in future, he's got so much pace on the majority of defenders he can afford to hold the line for a split second longer.

I think it's the team getting used to making the quick pass as well, Giggs nailed it yesterday and I fancy Hernandez could do well with Anderson in the team assuming the latter can get his passes through/over the defense.

Is that 8 or 9 goals he's scored now? A lot of them quite important too.

Come on guys. Rooney had one bad game. ONE. Did you see how class he was against Brum?

He's not really had a good game since the controversy. His form just seems strangely erratic to me. Fergie will definitely still play him though, to get him back firing on all cylinders.

He's been atrocious for a while now, especially his touch. When you look at the way he was playing last season, it just beggers belief. I hope he does turn it around very soon, because I'm tired of watching it to be honest. Chicariiiiiiiitooooooo deserves a run of games.

His touch is there now, its goals and confidence he's lacking. Luckily we haven't needed to rely on him so much as both Berbatov, Nani and Hernandez have all stepped up. Overall I'm happy with Rooney and his form, he's still working hard as ever and playing some good stuff. He'll obviously be judged on his goal tally but its not always an ideal indicator as how well he's playing because Rooney is much more than just 'goals'.

Come on tbb. Rooney had one class game. ONE. Did you see how poor he was against Blackpool, Spurs, Liverpool et cetera?

You mean the FA Cup game, yeah?. Rooney was atrocious that day, totally anonymous.

Though it probably had something to do with the fact he didn't play in that game. Against Spurs why single him out? None of the front 5 were particularly good, he was the best of a bad bunch. At least he worked the keeper, forced one good save and was a threat. He was poor against Blackpool, I agree. Weren't the entire team too, for the first 50 minutes or so?

His goal scoring is obviously an issue. The fact Berbatov has scored more hat tricks than Rooney has goals would be pretty damning if Rooney was a goalscorer. Yet he brings so much more to the team. Like, say, his 10 assists for the season which is second only to Nani. He's amassed this playing a third less games.

And as much as I love Chico and he's fantastic, he's stank the place out the few times he's started. Which is understandable given his inexperience and the fact he's adapting to our game and system. Has been much better as an impact sub.