The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Deserve to be behind after that half, total shit. I'm not even sure its all the players fault (well except maybe Gibson), why we're playing 4-3-3 with players who rarely play together I dont know. Still Fabio's having a good game and Lindegaard looks assured and we have enough on the bench to come back. Hopefully Gibson off for Nani and Berbabtov/Rooney on for Owen and switch to 442.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind changing the entire squad, to a team that obviously never plays together. It makes no sense to me at all.

Get in.

Hopefully Southampton will tire a bit now, after hammering it for nearly 70 minutes, leaving us a bit of space to get another goal.

I love this description of Gibson I saw in the Guardian comments

As poor as Fletcher was, he always had energy and stamina. Gibson is like having an old wooden cupboard in midfield that can occasionally score a screamer if the wind blows just right and its door swings at the ball.

I think the only reason he hasn't been shipped out in this window is because of injury concerns. He's one of those players who I really struggle to see being good enough for United yet will probably have a decent PL career like Richardson etc.

@SkyBet: Some big money on Manchester United to sign Charlie Adam and Andy Reid's move to Blackpool prompts us to cut odds on Adam moving to Old Trafford from 8/1 to 8/11

I hope this happens! (and that he actually gets plenty play time if it does)

I'll cry if we sign Charlie Adam.

SSN are saying no.

They are also saying they saw Lucas Leiva leaving Liverpool docks in a submarine, bound for Glasgow.