The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Had footy practice this evening, so didn't know the score until I pulled into the pub car park. Got to hear Rooney's second on Five Live. Watching the highlights now, and what a superb pass from Nani for Rooney's 2nd goal. Absolutely wonderful from Nani, and so good to see Rooney hit two for us this evening. :D

EDIT: Wow, a centre-forward's finish from Vidic. WOW! Plus a nice assist from Rooney.

Nani's delivery for Rooney's second was probably one of the best of his career, the kind of thing we know he can do, but rarely see. It was brutal. A smart finish too from Wayne, but put on a plate for him really. His first goal shows great endeavour to get there, and the finish is just excellent. Again, we haven't seen him hit one like that in a long time... mind you Vidic takes most of the attention off him there. He really is such a complete player, not at all uncultured as is sometimes assumed. It's nice to have two centre backs who can push up if required.

Rio just leaves Bent completely on his own. :doh:

Yeah, he's probably at fault. It's he's not going to, he needs to be stopping the supply, or marking Bent. As it stands he was doing neither.

I really think Nani is coming on massively this season. Dare I say it, as good as Ronaldo at times and totally unplayable.

Whether he can maintain that standard at a constant pace remains to be seen, but he's been invaluable lately.

Yes, I did just say all that!

I really think Nani is coming on massively this season. Dare I say it, as good as Ronaldo at times and totally unplayable.

Whether he can maintain that standard at a constant pace remains to be seen, but he's been invaluable lately.

Yes, I did just say all that!

Saved for future quotation :lol:

From looking like he might produce something once every 5 games he's now looking like the type of player who will get you an assist or goal practically every game. Quite looking forward to seeing him and Valencia back on the wings again :wub:

Guardian reporting Neville has retired with immediate effect

Good. He's undone all the good he's done for the club in the last two seasons. I can't stand watching him male an arse of himself any more.

Good. He's undone all the good he's done for the club in the last two seasons. I can't stand watching him male an arse of himself any more.

Fuck off.

Neville was an exceptional right-back for 10+ years. A mainstay and automatic first choice. Club captain, 600+ appearances, a plethora of championship medals. What a career.

If you want to remember him for his ropey last couple of seasons, in which he still showed the passion and resolve to recover from a 16 month injury to play again, go ahead. The rest of us will remember the marauding little right back equally good with a biting tackle or a pinpoint cross.

Thanks for everything, Gary.

You're doing the man a disservice, he's been a faithful servant to the club for almost two decades, yes his form has been very questionable over the last few seasons, but to say it's undone everything else is unfair imo.

It's on the official website.

Mebbe Fergie and him have decided he should manage the reserves? He still has a good tackle and final ball, just not the legs to carry him between the two different jobs. I think it's been clear this season that his cannot play at this level anymore, and for a while his presence has been justified by 'he's a good influence on the youngsters'.

One of the greatest and most consistent defenders this country has ever seen. Hope it's not the end of his career in football.

Even as a Liverpool fan who thinks Neville is one of the biggest arseholes alive, I have to say your post is very silly.

Even as a Liverpool fan who thinks Neville is one of the biggest arseholes alive, I have to say your post is very silly.

It's a sad day for football. No more mistakes from ageing/raging Neville!

It is harsh though, he only played because he was picked. Fergs probably knew that so it's fergs fault. I guess "Jon" wants Sir Al to retire then, much like one of my Man Utd supporting mates did back in 2002 because, apparently, he was past it and didn't have a clue :P