The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Hang on a minute. I think he's been immense for the club. An amazing defender and pretty good at running the wing and firing crosses in. On top of that he is United, there's no question about that.

Lately though he's been a complete liability, unable to contribute at the level needed and making more work for the team. The reason I'm saying this is a good thing, is that he's finally realized this and decided to call it a day.

I just don't want him ruining his reputation any longer, that's all.

Hang on a minute. I think he's been immense for the club. An amazing defender and pretty good at running the wing and firing crosses in. On top of that he is United, there's no question about that.

Lately though he's been a complete liability, unable to contribute at the level needed and making more work for the team. The reason I'm saying this is a good thing, is that he's finally realized this and decided to call it a day.

I just don't want him ruining his reputation any longer, that's all.

But you said he'd 'undone all the good' which is the part people are taking issue with.

Yeah it was a funny thing to say. I think maybe this should've happened over the summer, but a couple of dodgy performances (by his own high standards, I might add) does not dent his status as a United legend. From his official statement;

I am looking forward to new experiences and the club will always be a part of my life going forward. However, the most important thing now is for the club to continue with the success that is synonymous with Manchester United and I will be supporting them all the way, as a fan.

Hmm. Says 'the club will always be a part of my life', which suggests he will have some sort of role at the club in the future, but then he describes himself as a mere 'fan' which suggests otherwise. I reckon he'll take a long holiday and decide what he wants to do with the rest of his life, which seems sensible enough. SAF leaves the door open though;

Gary has been a great servant to the club and we thank him for his loyalty and his contribution to the tremendous success we have enjoyed in his playing time here. I know from my many dealings with him over the years that he's always had the club’s best interests at heart. So, while this illustrious chapter in his career has finished, his experience, commitment and energy will ensure he will continue to play a part in the life of the club, whether on the coaching or the commercial side.

So he could be an ambassador instead... I don't think that'll really be his bag though, as it's not a real job.

Alright you picky fuckers, he's undoing the good. It's been painful to watch him lately and I'd rather he'd have bowed out a while ago to be honest. None of that means I don't remember the good times though. It's just a shame to watch his decline.

I think Vidic is going to get a free kick soonish. He's getting pushed and pulled at every set-piece, which I know is standard fare, but if they keep at it the ref will have to do something. Berba looks up for it, he's gone close a couple of times. I doubt think this will rival some of today's games for goals, but it's certainly been open so far.

The team are being impatient in building attacks. There have been far too many speculative long balls that went straight to Wolves players.

Yeah, their tactic has been to frustrate us, and it's working. We have to hope Wolves tire, and our players get more time and space on the ball.

Fucking hell.

In a way I'm happy because the stigma of being undefeated has gone, but now there absolutely can not be any slip ups. In the upcoming games with City, Liverpool and Chelsea I was resigned to expecting a few draws and losses but this has meant that United simply can't afford to lose any of those games. Silly lapses at the back are what have cost them. Really frustrating.

Good on Wolves though, they bullied United out of it.

Yeah, it's often been the case that Wolves play well, but due to late goals or the odd mistake, they don't have the points to show for it. I was counting on that today.

Should've taken Rooney off instead of Berbs, Roon was wank.

While I don't agree than Rooney was 'wank', I agree with this. Berba looked the more likely.

I feel like this game would've been put to bed with a fit Valencia, all we would've needed is for him to get in behind and put a nice ball in. Can't wait for him to come back.

Which fucking nonce negged me for saying Rooney played shit? He did, there's no question about it. How's about having a discussion about it, rather than hiding behind your pathetic anonymity. You know, seeing as this is a discussion forum.

Anyway, we played terribly today and couldn't get around Wolves tactic of being frustrating and wasting time. We looked devoid of ideas and nearly every time we finally managed to do a bit of build up play the ball would end up back with a Wolves player.

Fingers crossed Liverpool turn Chelsea over tomorrow.