The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Smalling deserves credit too. Weak link my arse. I think Nani now has 20 goals+assists in his last 20 games too, incredible stats.

Ok, I admit I was wrong about him! It might be a little early to judge, but he definitely looked good today. In contrast to my earlier Smalling comments though, I did recently say that I thought Nani was turning into another Ronaldo not so long ago. Does that get me off the hook? ;)

Ok, I admit I was wrong about him! It might be a little early to judge, but he definitely looked good today. In contrast to my earlier Smalling comments though, I did recently say that I thought Nani was turning into another Ronaldo not so long ago. Does that get me off the hook? ;)

I don't remember your Smalling comments so that wasn't aimed at you, rather the media. Here is a particularly good one from McMahon -

It's clear that none of the other central defenders he has are good enough, with Chris Smalling looking the worst of the lot! The ex-Fulham player has not looked up to the mark whenever he's come on, and certainly looks overpriced, given his £10 million transfer fee.

I think Elmander already scored a better goal back in December... can't remember who against though. You know, the Bergkamp-esque one.

*edit*

It was actually November, against Wolves. I put a youtube in a spoiler below. Totally different goals, can't be directly compared, but for me Johann's is a bit more LOLOMGWTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asjy2XJnhzU

I think Elmander already scored a better goal back in December... can't remember who against though. You know, the Bergkamp-esque one.

*edit*

It was actually November, against Wolves. I put a youtube in a spoiler below. Totally different goals, can't be directly compared, but for me Johann's is a bit more LOLOMGWTF.

Yeah but Rooney's is just a bullet into the top corner from nothing that made the whole crowd pop up like when The Rock would run into the ring. Goals are best when it is just like BAM, get that up you.

*edit*

Did the person who uploaded that video do a quick search for 'the most annoying, piece of shit, bastardly awful bit of music I can put over my video, to stop people wanting to watch it'?

Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-Sung has been ruled out for four weeks with a hamstring injury.

The 29-year-old South Korean only resumed training last week after a month away with his national team at the Asian Cup in Qatar.

"We got a blow on Saturday with the news Ji-Sung Park did his hamstring on Friday afternoon in training," United boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com.

"He'll be out for up to a month, which is a blow to us."

BBC Football

:(

The good news is that Valencia started training with the Reserves on Saturday. So he's on his way back and that will be a real boost to have him available for the run-in

Sir Alex Ferguson

:)

When was the last time Park didn't come back from an International tournament either injured or injured within a few weeks? He's retired from International football now apparently so at least it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Great to hear about Valencia though!