IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

I'm not a United fan but I thought this would be the best place to ask. Why is Torres eligible to play tonight seeing as in the original fixture he wasn't a Chelsea player? Seems like quite a harsh advantage to me.

Torres playing is an advantage but not for chelsea :P

Great keeping there by VDS. How are we going to replace him?

Anyway, as Majora's said, I hope we don't stay camped in our own half now we've got the goal. I know Chelsea really have to go for it no and the deeper we defend, the better chance we've got on the counter. But I don't think I can handle another 45 of Chelsea trying to find a way through.

Yeah but the only game Rafael has started since the Wolves defeat was against Crawley, he was dropped against City, Wigan, Marseille and now Chelsea. I thought he had pretty much cemented his position as first choice right-back but it appears not.

It will partly be because Smalling is playing and Ferguson probably doesn't fancy playing two inexperienced defenders on one side. O'Shea's height does help in games like this as well. If Ferdinand is back against Liverpool I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafael start.

41:18

Florent Malouda takes a shot. Save made by Edwin Van der Sar.

40:40

Frank Lampard takes a shot. Save by Edwin Van der Sar.

40:09

Branislav Ivanovic takes a shot. Save by Edwin Van der Sar.

We're screwed next season without him :(

Pen is out of nothing, but can't really argue with it. Smalling hasn't done anything wrong really, he couldn't have adjusted in time. Incredibly annoying that we couldn't press the advantage in the first half, mainly, hope we can get back in it.