IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

He is a wide AM from what I remember, properly left footed though which is what makes him a bit 'special'. We did try and sign him before but there was something about Gremio not wanting to send him for a 2 week trial and then he went to Shaktar a while later in a cut price deal.

The compulsory youtube clips don't show him to be anything amazing, he's obviously left footed and his crossing/shooting seem to be good and Ferguson obviously see's something in him. I'm pretty sure it's his left-footedness that makes him so attractive.

I do also get the feeling the feeling that Ferguson is trying to build a group of South Americans into the team, it's not unusual to have groups of players from a single country (remember all the Scandinavians we had at one point) and it helps them to settle as well.

De Gea apparently has signed an agreement to join us for circa €20m. Great if so, if not Lindegaard I'm happy with having PIG on back-up duty.

How does that work? Surely Atletico would need to sign that, not the player? Unless he's buying out his contract then I don't see how he could do such a thing.

Probably find out in less than half an hour but my fear is he'll rest players today with a view to midweek. Which is dodgy at the best of times, doubly so when there's so many injuries and they're always super pumped up against us.

Strongest team possible for me please, though with it probably being Carrick and Gibson in midfield I can only think bad things. I heard Anderson was back in the squad so I guess he may start.

Vidic being back is massive but right back is a huge area of concern... really nervous over this one. Still, at least it isn't a dreaded 5:30PM Saturday start, I can only recall bad things about them.

And with no VdS, Nani or Berbatov (the two outfield are benched) I'm just that little bit more anxious now. I think he is thinking ahead to Chelsea with the team he put out, I'm really unsure about how that team will line up.

Rooney on his todd with Park behind him? Well, it'll be him or Giggs behind Rooney anyway. Think I prefer the bench to the XI!

Hmm, doesn't look too bad I suppose. I don't think it'll be easy though and West Ham have a good record against us.