IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

It's not good is it.

Honestly...I know I go on about it but is Tevez really going to perform? So he runs about alot - so does Kuyt. Some of his passes have been off target...hmm actually to be honest it's more than Utd has a team have been off key.

You've not got your key players really stamping their authority on the game as of yet.

HOWEVER I'd say Wigan are making it difficult. They'd love a draw. Love it [keegan].

Good run for the Giggs pass, but hit first time or do better perhaps? Melchiot is having a good game, he's got some pace hasn't he!

I was about to say Ronaldo's been your best player today. Well he started the 2nd half well. Giggs has looked half decent too.

If you take Ronaldo out of your team...oh hang on he has been out hasnt he :wub:

Haha! This happened last time I grieved him. Good goal. Held of the monster Kilbane well.

Difference with that goal - you got in behind. That really wasn't happening previously. Not sure why Wigan pushed up so much - good break, nice ball from Anderson.

*posted in wrong order :wub:*

Tevez got man of the match?! What!

Despite his numerous missed passes, etc. Then he scores and OH MOM.

Did anyone see his early contribution in the 2nd half where he just laboured on the ball. Lost it. Took a corner. Lost the ball again?

Rooney had a quiet game, then popped up with a goal, set up one, and played a great ball to Anderson to set up the Tevez goal.

Ronaldo looked dangerous was far more potent thatn Tevez AND scored two goals.

What is it with this Tevez love? It's fricking weird. They were easily more influential and better players on the pitch there today. Amazing.

My man of the match goes to Tevez, for never giving up and scoring a superb goal.

I run about a lot at football. It always gives the impression that I've had a better game than I did. WINK.

What is it with this Tevez love? It's fricking weird. They were easily more influential and better players on the pitch there today. Amazing.

It is slightly OTT, but even worse is the Rooney cocksucking on Sky - truly nauseating. Before he scored his goal they were crediting him with an assist for the second goal! It was a nice pass he played but it was Anderson's 20-yard through ball that set it up. And every time a United player had the ball in the area after Ronaldo's second, David Plank (sorry, Platt) was all 'ooh, if he'd have been like Wayne Rooney there...'

I just find him so overrated. I honestly think if he was from any other major European footballing nation we probably wouldn't bat an eyelid - Ronaldo is twice the player he is, and even Torres is a significantly better all-round forward (at least he can shoot with both feet).

Anyway, my dream team is loving these clean sheets. Evra for £3m was bargainous, and he plays every game because you don't have any other left backs! Result.

Well, today's match was what in the old days they used to call 'a 4-0 win'. I thought Anderson played well. No, really. The whole team played well after that illusive second goal; suddenly they all looked that bit hungrier to get on the score sheet and I see this match as the breakthrough the team has needed. Some of them got too confident and went for glory when they could have slid the ball across the penalty box to Rooney, who was standing there unmarked for what seemed like the entire second half. It should have been at least 6-0.

Well, today's match was what in the old days they used to call 'a 4-0 win'. I thought Anderson played well. No, really. The whole team played well after that illusive second goal; suddenly they all looked that bit hungrier to get on the score sheet and I see this match as the breakthrough the team has needed. Some of them got too confident and went for glory when they could have slid the ball across the penalty box to Rooney, who was standing there unmarked for what seemed like the entire second half. It should have been at least 6-0.

Plus we won it using at least four of our young new players, and Danny Simpson getting a Premiership debut (and goal assist). For all our problems with injury, and a poor goal-scoring start to the season, we are now top of the Prem for at least 24 hours. Not bad.

It is slightly OTT, but even worse is the Rooney cocksucking on Sky - truly nauseating. Before he scored his goal they were crediting him with an assist for the second goal! It was a nice pass he played but it was Anderson's 20-yard through ball that set it up. And every time a United player had the ball in the area after Ronaldo's second, David Plank (sorry, Platt) was all 'ooh, if he'd have been like Wayne Rooney there...'

I just find him so overrated. I honestly think if he was from any other major European footballing nation we probably wouldn't bat an eyelid - Ronaldo is twice the player he is, and even Torres is a significantly better all-round forward (at least he can shoot with both feet).

Anyway, my dream team is loving these clean sheets. Evra for £3m was bargainous, and he plays every game because you don't have any other left backs! Result.

You sir simply dont have a clue.

I cant be arsed to even say why as it should be so obvious why Rooney is so good.

In all fairness, Anderson was fan-dabby-dozer today. His passing was exemplary.

Giggs is just the awesomeness though. God bless that man.

Very happy about Simpson as well. And piquant. Amazing how Man United blossomed after a bit of Tevez tenacity. However you feel about the man, that was a virtuoso stamp on the game that completelty revitalised Man U. It was witchcaft.

Happy that the flow returned, but wouldn't you know it, now the defence appears to be in tatters. Just one more injury and we are looking at some real troubles ahead.

It is slightly OTT, but even worse is the Rooney cocksucking on Sky - truly nauseating. Before he scored his goal they were crediting him with an assist for the second goal!

Yeah I noticed that.

Yup I put Evra in too, a good pick.

• 2 weeks later...

_44188667_rooneygoal416.jpg

The new boys win for United! Nani, Anderson, Pique, and Tevez all played brilliantly this evening, and right from the start we played one-touch football at pace. We went one down, but United never gave up with the last 10 minutes of the 1st half scoring 3. Then all the Villa fans started leaving (75th minute - call yourself a fan?), when Giggs rounded off a great game.

I think we saw the beginnings of something very special tonight.

^_^

_44188667_rooneygoal416.jpg

The new boys win for United! Nani, Anderson, Pique, and Tevez all played brilliantly this evening, and right from the start we played one-touch football at pace. We went one down, but United never gave up with the last 10 minutes of the 1st half scoring 3. Then all the Villa fans started leaving (75th minute - call yourself a fan?), when Giggs rounded off a great game.

I think we saw the beginnings of something very special tonight.

:)

Hmm, are you sure it wasn't the defelctions on the way to the net that did it? ^_^

Anyways, good result for you boys today, Villa away is always going to be tough (isn't that right Chelsea?). Roll on the game at Ashburton Grove! :lol:

:lol: you guys...

Superb win today, couldn't be happier! And we did it all (well, mostly) without Ronaldo ^_^

Really happy for Rooney getting 2 goals, seems to be on a run. Keep 'em coming! Also the partnership with Tevez is really starting to come together. So for all you doubters.. :)

Scholes injured in training

Another midfielder out of tonight's game, that's Scholesy, Carrick and Hargreaves. Not good, not good at all. I'm guessing we'll see a midfield of O'Shea and Fletcher which I'm really not too confident on. He could also go with Anderson as he's been doing well. Maybe a 4-5-1 hitting them on break? They have to go for the win tonight so we have to be defensively solid. I'm really glad Vida is back for the game :(

whats the point of oshea..?

_42637447_oshea_bod203.jpg Liverpool 0-1 Man Utd :P

I thought Anderson was looking a very good prospect last night, considering he did not look up to the pace against Sunderland earlier this season. I am glad that he is adapting to the pressures of playing for Man Utd :(

Anderson still looks a little overweight

I actually thought this when he arrived. Which considering he hadn't had a pre-season or played for 6 months I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I actually think he looks lean now, he's clearly not a skinny lad but overweight is a stretch of the imagination.

He's looked quality in the last 3 games too. I can see why many people believe him to be the long term successor to Scholes. He's constantly moving the ball from left to right and his probing passes are very much akin to Scholes style of play. He has the added quality of that he's comfortable running with the ball too which is a valuable asset. Add to the fact he's also got the discipline to track back and all this at 19 years of age.

Its very, very pleasing.