IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

I think we need a bit more experience in a game like this. Giggs or Carrick might help us exercise a bit more control in midfield. For the second game in a row I think Wellbeck is trying hard but somehow a little lost. He won't be starting against Arsenal I'm sure.

Good game from everyone so far, with perhaps only Welbeck struggling slightly. I said before that I hoped the home crowd would be supportive of him, and they have been. He's looked much more settled, being able to distribute the ball well even under pressure. Hasn't had to save much, but that's only one small part of being a United keeper. Defence has been good too, but we know what these lads are about, what else would you expect.

Tottenham look solid but aren't offering much themselves. Berbatov on second half?

Man U looking good early in the season? You could get 100 points this year, I might stick a tenner on it!

Arsenal next Sunday; oh dear Arsenal! :P

De Gea still looks like an accident waiting to happen

Apart from the cross he missed I thought he was pretty decent. His distribution is top draw too.

Great to see Fergusons faith in Welbeck pay off tonight as he did seem to be struggling a bit in the first half. Cleverley was good again too, just kept things moving more quickly than we've been used to for the last couple of seasons.

Can you do this every game please.

It was true with Welbeck though. He was trying and trying in the first half, but never really looked like he was in the game. I don't know whether he just found something extra or if Spurs were just tiring, but obviously that wasn't the case in the second half. Jones was class. I would like to see him and Smalling together at some point, Evans still looks a bit shaky at times. Stick with the script if you want, but I think De Gea looked good this game, stamped his authority a bit which was good to see.

Nani and Young are the ideal wingers for the way we play. They are so versatile. In attack their movement was fabulous and made plenty of space for others to capitalise. We all know about how good Nani is at tracking back, but it appears Young has the same appetite and ability in defence as well. It gives the whole team much more freedom, and as a result we're playing a much nicer brand of football than last season.

I can't believe we're playing like this at this stage of the season, despite big players like Carrick, Giggs, Berbatov, Valencia, Chicharito and Fletcher barely figuring yet. It seems this year we might not have to wait till christmas till we go on one of those runs, we might just start one from the off. This game was so satisfying not just for the win, or for the football on display, but for the confirmation that all these youngsters have much more than just raw potential.

I thought De Gea was ok tonight, heck his first game at home too. His every move will be analysied because we paid £18 million for him, he's only 20 ffs no keeper/player anywhere is the finished article at that age!!

They all played well; Anderson has his shooting boots woo hoo goals from throughout the midfield again :D (fingers crossed!)