The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

Oh, so it turns out there is something football-related to talk about after all.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/09/07/sir-alex-ferguson-in-new-york-to-meet-next-man-united-boss-pep-guardiola-ahead-of-summer-2013-hand-over/

I wanted Mourinho to come and bring Ronaldo with him. Beggars can't be choosers, though. We'll have to make do with Guardiola next year.

This was always on the cards as soon as Sir Alex decided to start buying 29-year-olds again.

id quite happily take a ban if it meant chris would be permabanned from this thread.

Chris you're a cunt. is that succinct for your "brother" to stop gumming this thread up in true bellend-of-a-family style?

Whatever is quickest.

Edited by tbb
User was warned for this post

id quite happily take a ban if it meant chris would be permabanned from this thread.

Chris you're a cunt. is that succinct for your "brother" to stop gumming this thread up in true bellend-of-a-family style?

Whatever is quickest.

It's okay, chill out, I will go. Taking one for the team like a bawsss. ^_^

Oh, so it turns out there is something football-related to talk about after all.

http://www.caughtoff...2013-hand-over/

I wanted Mourinho to come and bring Ronaldo with him. Beggars can't be choosers, though. We'll have to make do with Guardiola next year.

This was always on the cards as soon as Sir Alex decided to start buying 29-year-olds again.

i'm not sure how much truth there is in this story, but it seems a good fit. Guardiola has a nice combination of success and style. i reckon this story is pie-in-the-sky speculation though, with no basis in fact. it's a bit too obvious. as soon as Guardiola stood down as Barca boss, the subject of him taking over from Fergie started cropping up in the football conversations in work. wishful thinking, perhaps.

which isn't to say it won't happen. do you reckon he could get his mate Leo to play for us?

Hey TBB, he is furious with you. He couldn't care less about the rest, but he is proper unhappy with you. He said that you shouldn't be a mod because you are biased. ^_^

Well he's got another 6 days to calm down.

Once he does, point him in the direction of the rules. Tell him to read them (you may need to draw pictures for him), and as his brother, don't let him post again until he understands them.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/170047.html

Manchester United's share price has dropped to $12 - its lowest price yet and giving the club a valuation 40% less than the Glazers had hoped.

Ten per cent of United's shares were put up for sale on the New York Stock Exchange last month with their American owners hoping to achieve a price of $20 each, which would have valued the club at $3.3 billion.

But they only received $14 a share at first, and even that was down to the financial institutions who had underwritten the Initial Public Offering (IPO).

Since then, prices have slipped further and reached the $12 barrier at midday on Thursday in New York - giving United a value of $2 billion (just over £1.2 billion).

The Glazers paid around £800 million to complete their takeover in 2005 and, had shares sold at $20 apiece, stood to make a huge profit if the remaining 90% of shares were made available to investors.

However, financial analysts have long warned that United's shares were overpriced and in August, PrivCo, the Private Financial Company Data Authority, said the right value for them was just $4.97 each.

Well it's hardly a big surprise, unless you're a Glazer of course, I expect the share price to be under $10 before the end of the year.....

Back to on field matters; with Shinji and RVP almost certain to be missing, I presume that Nani will be recalled along with Chicharito to partner Welbeck. Hopefully DDG will be back between the sticks too

Blimey having your top two strikers on the sidelines... :doh:

I know it's only one game but does Buttner seem like someone who could finally pose a threat to Evra's nailed-on first team place?

Does Evra seem like someone who could pose a threat to Buttner's nailed-on first team place?

It is only one game against Wigan but he offered everything you'd want from a full-back. And he looks like a total badass. I LIKE IT!