IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

To be fair, Kagawa when played, bar a game or two, has been woeful. Bit tired of all this 'play Kagawa' nonsense at times. Even if deployed out of position on the left he's looked lightweight, uninterested and a lot of the time not arsed.

He's shown glimpses of what he's capable of. I hate how he's in and out of the team, I'd have thought with Rooney and Van Persie out he'd have had a long run of games to prove what he can do. I do worry that Moyes doesn't fancy him though and he'll leave. Massive shame because when we bought him he was seen as such a bright talent and was Dortmund's best player.

I still think he's the best player for that number 10 position we have on our books.

To be fair, Kagawa when played, bar a game or two, has been woeful. Bit tired of all this 'play Kagawa' nonsense at times. Even if deployed out of position on the left he's looked lightweight, uninterested and a lot of the time not arsed.

Player that relies on an good understanding with his teammates in not-performing-when-in-and-out-of-the-team shocker. It's not like a winger who just has to beat his man and put in a good cross. The number ten should be linking play which requires relationships to be formed with those deeper, who need to know where and how Kagawa likes to receive the ball, and those in front for the types of runs and movements he'll see.

Dante can fuck off. If we actually played a consistent back four we'd probably solve most of our problems.

Not at 30 when we could be playing Evans and Smalling/Jones and seeing if they can form a partnership. Both have been excellent in the past and are still quite young for centre backs. Dante would only really be a stop gap, I'd rather have Vidic for another year.

i doubt we're signing Dante anyway. the key quote from his agent is, "We are currently in negotiations with Bayern over a new deal..." so they are probably stirring up rumors of "interest" from another big club in order to squeeze a bit more cash out of Dante's current employers.

he doesn't fit with our usual signings - he's 30, and we don't sign players that old except in extreme circumstances. signing another player in an area we are strong surely isn't a priority.

We need a centre back. Our problems right now start with our woeful defensive record.

However, Mata would be an exciting player to bring in. Not sure what's wrong with Kagawa but he's been largely shit.

Fergie bough Evra and Vidic in the Jan window and Started the process of building a new squad. Moyes needs to do similar

Some believe that Moyes is looking to go with 'narrow' wide players, since Mata doesn't have the pace, but a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney, Mata, Kagawa/Januzaj and Van Persie could prove exciting.

But as Sith said, until he's holding a United shirt I'm not getting my hopes up. Could do with signing Dante as well if those rumours are to be believed.

Hadn't realised Mata is only 25 as well, thought he was 28/29 for some reason?!?

You need to raise the Ba a bit more I think. I think the Mata is, Moyes needs to realise the team is shite and spend some real money. Otherwise it's going to just trn into a Hazard.

Eto'o...

trn

I forgot to do a spell Cech.

Also it would be best to try and get some players where their contracts have run out. Then you would be able to get them on a 3-1

I don't even know...

The only way I think he will fit is if we play a more conventional 4-3-3. Or play him off the left in our 4-2-3-1 formation. A midfield/front 4 of the below would be formidable:

Van PersieMata - Rooney - Januzaj  Carrick - Flecther

Just need a couple of defenders and a CM and we'd look like a force again. Imagine Cabaye to rotate with Carrick and Fletcher. Add in Coentrao and Dante...Not bad...Also, not going to happen.

Also, with Anderson off to Fiorentina, does this free up the #8 shirt to be used this season?

You need to raise the Ba a bit more I think. I think the Mata is, Moyes needs to realise the team is shite and spend some real money. Otherwise it's going to just trn into a Hazard.

Eto'o...

I forgot to do a spell Cech.

Also it would be best to try and get some players where their contracts have run out. Then you would be able to get them on a 3-1

I don't even know...

Stop being a cunt (John Terry)

Vidal seems like another waste of your time, you surely need to concentrate on targets you can get and get quickly? I don't see what reason he's got to join you (or anyone) right now. You might as well spend the next eight days bidding for Messi before Moyes goes "fuck it" and signs Andy Carroll or something like the summer.