IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

Means they were *infinitely* more clinical than Liverpool, actually. Defensively they were great too, Nesta was immense.

Your logic escapes me. Over 90minutes Milan were not clinical. 5 seconds of clinical play does not make a clinical game. The game two years ago they were clinical. Their performance this time was not even remotely in the same league

Your logic escapes me. Over 90minutes Milan were not clinical. 5 seconds of clinical play does not make a clinical game. The game two years ago they were clinical. Their performance this time was not even remotely in the same league

To be fair he said they were more clinical than Liverpool.

Your logic escapes me. Over 90minutes Milan were not clinical. 5 seconds of clinical play does not make a clinical game

When their chances came, they took them. That means they were clinical. Anyway, I'm not getting into an argument over semantics.

Liverpool were best for the first 20 mins or so, but after that they showed nothing.

Anyway, just 3 more weeks of footy now (Spanish league) until the next season. Gutted!

[ot]

It wasn't the players' cheating, though, it was the boards bribing officials. I agree about AC, though, the IFA should have relegated everyone convicted, not just Juve.

[/ot]

Aaaaaaahhh... there's no smoke without fire you know ;)

Well, you should have won. Not much point in me saying it, but it's true. You were easily the better side.

AC Milan will need to bring in some new blood in the summer though. Much like the Italian side in the World Cup, they've fluked this trophy, and they really aren't a side anyone should be fearing now.

Sad.

I can't really grumble. One day our opponents in a final were due some luck, and if anyone was going to benefit from it then it might as well be Milan. In a few years time, no-one but us will remember the losing finalists, but I feel proud of our players and our fans. I hope we'll get another chance someday.

Oh balls.

Just gotback from the pub. Not massively pissed off aboutt he loss, though we played better than they did and didn't deserve to lose but them's the breaks. You only have to look at the 2005 final to see who deserved to win and who actually won.

What did piss me off was the fat fucking ManYoo supporting prick in the pub, who was fucking determined to fucking to wind as many people up as he could. I had to walk away, otherwise I would have fucking maimed the cunt. DaveyPauly was still talking to him when I left...

I'm proud of the lads whatever.

But that referee...FUCKER

They played well tonight and deserved to win for most of the match. But yeah, I'd agree about the ref. Always an easy target granted, but... FUCK!

Hard luck but Milan are worthy winners.

That's a bit like the people who were saying Utd deserved to win the FA Cup at the weekend - I just don't see it.

They hardly had a shot in the first half, and in the second half, they sat on their 1-0 lead like all Italian teams do. They certainly didn't deserve it. Not even close. And I'm not even a Liverpool supporter. ;)

It wasn't the best game anyway. Their pivotal goal was utter luck, and then the game completely died on its arse. Shame, really. Still don't know why the hell we didn't do 4-4-2, why Zenden was even there, why Masher was taken off and not Alonso, but these what ifs could have been the other way around if we got the luck. Still, nothing to be ashamed of.

That's a bit like the people who were saying Utd deserved to win the FA Cup at the weekend - I just don't see it.

They hardly had a shot in the first half, and in the second half, they sat on their 1-0 lead like all Italian teams do. They certainly didn't deserve it. Not even close. And I'm not even a Liverpool supporter. ;)

What are you on about? Of course Milan deserved to win.

They certainly weren't the best team tonight but I think they're worthy winners of this years Cup. Kaka is the top goal scorer, they were great against United in the semi and I just admire a lot of their team.

As I've said earlier though I was rooting for Liverpool.