IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

I like Kuyt, next season he'll be awesome, it just bothered me that he was kept in the side when he wasn't scoring or even looking like scoring.

You don't drop a player when he's out of form but still giving 100%. It would have been very easy for Kuyt to stop working so hard linking the play and just go hang around in the box waiting for a chance to get his confidence back. Remind you of anybody?

And because he is capable of scoring a goal or two, the flaws in his game should be ignored?

He scores now and then but he does fuck all else! He looked out of his depth against the other big clubs too.

What's your number quality you look for in a striker, me old chum, if you don't mind me asking?

You've got your goal keeper, you want him to KEEP the ball out of the GOAL, right? Then there's the defenders, again, fortuotously, the clue to their job is in the name. Same applies to Midfielders, these fellas play in the midfield, sometime they are also dynamos, they power everything. Wingers, now, they should be called Wingcrossers because they run up the wing and cross the ball... To the Strikers! These guys, in an ideal world, STRIKE to ball goalward. This is their primary task. If they do this well then their flaws can be overlooked, however if you have a striker whose game is excellent apart from the striking bit then you are fucked.

I'm just busting your chops.

You don't drop a player when he's out of form but still giving 100%. It would have been very easy for Kuyt to stop working so hard linking the play and just go hang around in the box waiting for a chance to get his confidence back. Remind you of anybody?

Oh dear God you are just too much.

:lol: You're fucking mental. Have you ever watched a game of football? It's not fucking Pro Evo, it isn't nearly as simple as you claim.

I just can't fathom out why people hate Cisse so much. A player who loves the club, did okay and no doubt would have got better and better.

Check out this video, now, if he hadn't played for us and was a potential target you'd all be spunking over him coming to LFC.

He had two seasons with us, one when he broke his leg and one when he hardly played as a striker. Wasn't Drogba getting slagged for two seasons at Chelsea? It seems people are prepared to give some players a break but not others. Of course hard work is important, but it's less important for a striker than any other player apart from the goalie. Kuyt was getting rave reviews for running until he dropped, well that's great, but maybe if he didn't run so much he'd score more. Le Tissier was the laziest player ever, he wasn't fucking bad though. Yes I know Cisse's no LeTissier.

Whoever we sign, I don't care how lazy they are if they score 20 league goals.

Fair enough. I've already said I think Cisse would have been a success under Ged. He just doesn't fit into Rafa's system. I do think he's a good player and he seems like a nice bloke, but he's too lazy and selfish for my liking.

As for the youtube vid, I wouldn't be spunking over him potentially being signed because I've watched him play for Marseille quite a bit this season. I don't base my opinions of players purely on youtube vids or OPTA stats.

just watched the video. When Cisse plays to his potential i think he is as good as anyone but the problem is he seemed to moan a lot and not really chase the ball. Rafa Benitez seems to only like hardworking players which is understandable. We needed someone like Ruud Van Nistleroy for the season just gone, who i have to say has been one of the best strikers in europe (33 goals, and 20 in la liga i think).

If Eto'o is too expensive then Torres would be a good second choice but is a risk because no one knows how he will play in the premiership. The main advantage he has over Morientes is he has a fair bit of pace. Trezeguet has supposed to of had a fall out with Juve and he has been linked with liverpool before. I think hes about 29/30 now though but he could could be a good signing. If Liverpool ended up with Bent i wouldnt be too dissapointed but hes definately not on the top of my list.

Reports in Spain claim Real Madrid are aiming to agree a deal to sign Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek.

The Poland international is leaving Anfield when his contract expires at the end of the month following six seasons with The Reds.

He lost his place in Rafa Benitez's first team to Jose Reina and has opted to move on to preserve his international position.

Real Betis have been linked with the 34-year-old, but speculation in Spain has suggested Primera Liga leaders Madrid also want Dudek.

Iker Casillas is the undisputed No.1 at the Bernabeu, but his understudy Diego Lopez is being tipped to join Villarreal over the summer.

That would leave Real requiring cover for Casillas and Dudek has emerged as a live option for the club.

According to AS, a deal has been agreed with Dudek's agent, although there is a split in the Real camp about the merits of signing the former Feyenoord keeper.

:) x 100

He doesn't want to be Reina's understudy so he wants to be back up at Real Madrid?

Sat Aug 11 Aston Villa (away)

Wed Aug 15 West Ham United (home)

Sat Aug 18 Chelsea (home)

Sat Aug 25 Sunderland (away)

Sat Sep 1 Derby County (home)

Sat Sep 15 Portsmouth (away)

Sat Sep 22 Birmingham City (home)

Sat Sep 29 Wigan Athletic (away)

Sat Oct 6 Tottenham Hotspur (home)

Sat Oct 20 Everton (away)

Sat Oct 27 Arsenal (home)

Sat Nov 3 Blackburn Rovers (away)

Sat Nov 10 Fulham (home)

Sat Nov 24 Newcastle United (away)

Sat Dec 1 Bolton Wanderers (home)

Sat Dec 8 Reading (away)

Sat Dec 15 Manchester United (home)

Sat Dec 22 Portsmouth (home)

Wed Dec 26 Derby County (away)

Sat Dec 29 Manchester City (away)

Tue Jan 1 Wigan Athletic (home)

Sat Jan 12 Middlesbrough (away)

Sat Jan 19 Aston Villa (home)

Tue Jan 29 West Ham United (away)

Sat Feb 2 Sunderland (home)

Sat Feb 9 Chelsea (away)

Sat Feb 23 Middlesbrough (home)

Sat Mar 1 Bolton Wanderers (away)

Sat Mar 8 Newcastle United (home)

Sat Mar 15 Reading (home)

Sat Mar 22 Manchester United (away)

Sat Mar 29 Everton (home)

Sat Apr 5 Arsenal (away)

Apr 12 Blackburn Rovers (home)

Sat Apr 19 Fulham (away)

Sat Apr 26 Birmingham City (away)

Sat May 3 Manchester City (home)

Sun May 11 Tottenham Hotspur (away)

What a joke these fixtures are....... again.

Liverpool have made an approach for West Ham United midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

Reports have claimed that The Reds have offered £1million for the Israel international, which has been dismissed as 'insulting' by The Hammers.

But, according to Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry, that price is some way off the figure discussed between the clubs.

Parry confirmed the club's interest in Benayoun, but was unable to expand on whether a future bid would be successful.

"I can confirm we have made an approach for Yossi Benayoun, but the figures quoted are completely wrong," Parry told the Liverpool Echo.

"Other than that we don't want to say any more."

Benayoun's future at Upton Park is currently unclear as he has yet to sign a new five-year contract with the club.

The deal had been agreed with West Ham late last month, but the lack of a signature has prompted an enquiry from Liverpool.

I'm baffled to say the least. Is this our big name signing we where promised within a week, two weeks ago?!?!

When I read that in the gossip column of the BBC I didnt believe it for a second. Unfortunately it looks like we are after him.

I have always quite liked him as a player but surely he isnt good enough for Liverpool?

(He is 27 according to wikipedia)

A classy winger, who's proven in the Premiership. He's very good, actually.

He had a poor season in 2006/07. His imminent arrival is fuelling stories of Garcia's departure to Athletico Madrid in a part exchange for Torres.

We needed someone like Ruud Van Nistleroy for the season just gone, who i have to say has been one of the best strikers in europe (33 goals, and 20 in la liga i think).

25 now, absolutely on fire at the moment.

I wouldnt mind having Cisse back but not as a first choice striker, I think he can play a very important role. Infact, surely he's better (and younger) than Bellamy?

It would be a sad day if Garcia left too, i'm sure some fans would be glad to see him go but the majority appreciate what he brought to the team, PLEASE NOOOOO!

Liverpool have made an approach for West Ham United midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

Reports have claimed that The Reds have offered £1million for the Israel international, which has been dismissed as 'insulting' by The Hammers.

But, according to Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry, that price is some way off the figure discussed between the clubs.

Parry confirmed the club's interest in Benayoun, but was unable to expand on whether a future bid would be successful.

"I can confirm we have made an approach for Yossi Benayoun, but the figures quoted are completely wrong," Parry told the Liverpool Echo.

"Other than that we don't want to say any more."

Benayoun's future at Upton Park is currently unclear as he has yet to sign a new five-year contract with the club.

The deal had been agreed with West Ham late last month, but the lack of a signature has prompted an enquiry from Liverpool.

I'm baffled to say the least. Is this our big name signing we where promised within a week, two weeks ago?!?!

Indeed. SHOW US THE CASH AND THE STARS.

He's a sometimes "Star" at West Ham. Wooo!!!

West Ham have made the transfer market go crazy this summer. How else has Darren Bent, valued at £10m in January suddenly worth £17m and rumoured to be getting £75k a week if he signs for West Ham. I'd like Bent at Liverpool but there is no way he is a £17m player.

A classy winger, who's proven in the Premiership. He's very good, actually.

I agree 100%. He isn't the high profile signing we've all been hoping for but he is a very good player, presumably available on the cheap that would improve the squad. We badly need some creativity and flair on the wing and he'd provide it. He'd only be coming as a squad player, think of him as Zenden's replacement. :unsure:

Buying him wouldn't automatically mean we won't buy any other wingers. We are supposed to be close to agreeing a deal for Silva according to reports in Spain. Whether we are close or not doesn't really matter, the likes of Silva, Mancini, Simao and Malouda are all being looked at and I'll be surprised if at least one of them (probably Silva and Simao) isn't at Anfield by the start of next season. I'm not basing that on what the papers are saying because I've stopped reading them since silly season started. I just think most of us should have an idea of who the genuine targets are by now and going off Rafa's comments in the past, a top class winger is more of a priority than a striker. I think we'll strengthen both positions.

Same here

Same for most Liverpool fans i would have thought.We haven't had a top class goalscorer since he left. Owen, Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy would not a bad front four and then you (hopefully still) have Garcia, Kewell that can play through the middle, and if we get malouda/simao ive seen both of them play off a front man.I'd take that.