IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

What makes you think it was a non-Liverpool fan? #SpiritofIstanbul

Fair enough. There have been people negging pro-Liverpool/anti-the-other-team posts during matches in here recently. Which is always a bit weird, what with this being the Liverpool thread and everything.

I'm amazed the Spurs thread hasn't been resurrected. We should probably do it just to congratulate them.

We've beaten ourselves today. Adam should take the brunt of this.

Gerrard back soon though. How many fit/non suspended defenders do we have...that aren't 12?

This has been dire. Let's hope it's just a one off.

It probably will be, but it seems we are carrying our awful away form from last season with us still.

More worrying is the complete lack of goal threat - not just today, but against Arsenal and Sunderland we didn't really create a great deal; we were improved a bit at Stoke and the Bolton game was good, but I don't see our midfield engine being too creative right now.

My (admittedly Spurs supporting) best mate at White Hart Lane just sent me a message saying there were quite a few Liverpool fans joining in with the 'what a waste of money' chant a quarter of an hour or so ago.

Sigh :(

Just think we could have had sergio aguero with nearly the same amount of money and look at him go!

Just think we could have had sergio aguero with nearly the same amount of money and look at him go!

Cost of wages over the lifetime of their contracts. Us not having Champions League football. Athletico not wanting to sell in January... etc etc.

Btw what were the yellows like? Should Parker have had a yellow for a deliberate handball?

Almost sounds like the refs did the opposite of what Kenny was talking about :P

Btw what were the yellows like? Should Parker have had a yellow for a deliberate handball?

Almost sounds like the refs did the opposite of what Kenny was talking about :P

I thought Parker's should have been a yellow, yeah, given the benchmark the ref had set but I don't think we can any real complaints about the ref today. We were just terrible and sometimes I think the manager just has to hold hands up and say "I don't know where that performance comes from".

I hope we have a strong team out for Brighton; not only to try and get some confidence going but to also get the win, a cup run would help.

My (admittedly Spurs supporting) best mate at White Hart Lane just sent me a message saying there were quite a few Liverpool fans joining in with the 'what a waste of money' chant a quarter of an hour or so ago.

Sigh :(

I just got back from White Hart Lane and I'm pretty sure that's not true. The chant was extremely loud and clear from the Spurs fans though, understandably, as he (and the entire Liverpool team if I'm honest) had a shocker today.

Can't even blame performances like this on European games this season!

Brighton next, probably a Brighton win to be honest but not too fussed about that.

Then Wolves at home, must must win, then Everton which is a must win. That'll get us back on track with Utd next. Not looking forward to that!

RobinTripp, next time you're about to click that button that says "post", why not click the button that says "log out" instead. You have nothing constructive to bring to any thread.

Ever considered being a lurker instead?

Really poor result today which was almost completely down to the lack of discipline we showed.

Tottenham started really well and were deservedly ahead but just as we started to get back in the game Adam was sent off for two pretty silly challenges (the first was pointless and the second he should know better when already on a yellow) which made it very difficult.

It was clear once the second went in the game would be over but while it was 1-0 there was always the chance of snatching a point, but Skrtels sending off was even more stupid than Adams with a ridiculous challenge giving him his second yellow. Once that had happened the game was essentially over as it was all but impossible with 9 men.

Hopefully we can quickly move on and get a win vs Brighton on Wednesday.