Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

Yeah, I think it hurts a bit more as it's two losses on the bounce.

While it was 'just one of those games' against Stoke and they defended well, today was silly; effectively shooting ourselves in the foot. Having said that, we were pretty anonymous for the most part and Spurs were a lot brighter than us even before the sending off. But, they didn't have too many chances, despite creating some nice play. We could of easily snatched a draw there with a bit more discipline and organisation, but Skrtel killed that off.

Not that I'm making a scapegoat out of him though, everyone's touch was poor today and our attacking players offered nothing. It's still a relatively new team and a lot of the palpable frustration today was down to that, coupled with a frustrating afternoon at Stoke last week. Best not to dwell and continue to build up an understanding.

While it was 'just one of those games' against Stoke and they defended well, today was silly; effectively shooting ourselves in the foot. Having said that, we were pretty anonymous for the most part and Spurs were a lot brighter than us even before the sending off. But, they didn't have too many chances, despite creating some nice play. We could of easily snatched a draw there with a bit more discipline and organisation, but Skrtel killed that off.

Not that I'm making a scapegoat out of him though, everyone's touch was poor today and our attacking players offered nothing. It's still a relatively new team and a lot of the palpable frustration today was down to that, coupled with a frustrating afternoon at Stoke last week. Best not to dwell and continue to build up an understanding.

I decided to watch some of the Man U - Chelsea game and the thing that really struck me was generally how comfortable everybody was on the ball, and how good their touch was at pace - something the team needs to work towards.

I thought Kenny was pretty diplomatic in his MOTD interview, once he has a chance to view the decisions i don't think he can argue about any of them really. Parker was a 50/50 yellow and thats what pisses us fans off when one set of refs gives it and another not.

Anyway no gloating, Spurs are a better side and have a decent home record in recent years so no real surprise that we won.

I don't understand how a team like Liverpool can lose their prefered right back, the understudy RB who we got for nothing and then have absolutely no other right back so we have to play players out of position. I mean, come on. That's in Skrtel's defense.

Agger I think we're going to have to accept is broken and will never be fit for more than a couple of weeks. The guy gets badly injured slipping.

Caroll. I don't think it's a fitness thing as he was lumbering around the pitch at the end with the same verve as he was in the beginning. He didn't noticeablu slow. If it was a fitness issue he'd be fast at the start and slow at the end. The problem seems to be he can't actually run fast. I fear he's Peter Crouch without the skill.

And I don't wanna pick of Andy but I think he should have been subbed first after Adams went off. It was then we need extra workrate ie Kuyt.

Anyway, terrible performance but, and this is the real worry, we've all seen plenty of performances like that. Different manager, different players, same performance. It must be like a curse or something. Anyway, I hate football now.

Teams have bad performances. We beat Man Utd at Old Trafford 4-1 a couple of seasons ago. They still won the title. Same as when we destroyed them 3-1 last season. Spurs had a really good day, we had a really poor one. We are a good team now. Not an invincible one, but a good team.

Teams have bad performances. We beat Man Utd at Old Trafford 4-1 a couple of seasons ago. They still won the title. Same as when we destroyed them 3-1 last season. Spurs had a really good day, we had a really poor one. We are a good team now. Not an invincible one, but a good team.

Why are we a good team now? When weren't we? We've been a good team for the last ten years. Wanna be a really good team and really good teams don't play like we did yesterday.

I don't understand how a team like Liverpool can lose their prefered right back, the understudy RB who we got for nothing and then have absolutely no other right back so we have to play players out of position. I mean, come on. That's in Skrtel's defense.

Arsenal have pretty much the same problems in defence don't they? Except they're far, far worse.

It's unfortunate that Kelly and Johnson are both injured (I presume so anyway?), a lot of teams get away with playing a CB at RB, unfortunately ours is Skrtel, who has returned to being a clumsy idiot again.

We need to get back to winning ways fast.

Is Adam suspended for the Brighton game or the next league match?

Why are we a good team now? When weren't we? We've been a good team for the last ten years. Wanna be a really good team and really good teams don't play like we did yesterday.

Yes they do, albeit infrequently. Our true level is still up in the air at the moment, but there are plenty of instances of very good teams having utter stinkers. Chelsea were pounded 4-0 by Sunderland last year, we only beat Man Utd 3-1 in March, but it should've been more like five or six nil. Spurs were tonked 1-5 at home by a Man City who didn't even get out of second gear. Shit happens.

We've definitely made an underwhelming start to the season with only two wins in five, but the next five or six games will start to give us a clearer picture of our just what we're made of this season.

Yes they do, albeit infrequently. Our true level is still up in the air at the moment, but there are plenty of instances of very good teams having utter stinkers. Chelsea were pounded 4-0 by Sunderland last year, we only beat Man Utd 3-1 in March, but it should've been more like five or six nil. Spurs were tonked 1-5 at home by a Man City who didn't even get out of second gear. Shit happens.

We've definitely made an underwhelming start to the season with only two wins in five, but the next five or six games will start to give us a clearer picture of our just what we're made of this season.

Oh sure. Just my concern was, well, was anybody actually surprised watching the game yesterday? And coupled with he lacklustre last few games of last season.

It's just a bit concerning but hopefully things will improve!

Oh sure. Just my concern was, well, was anybody actually surprised watching the game yesterday? And coupled with he lacklustre last few games of last season.

Yes of course people were surprised. Liverpool were favourites to win with the bookmakers for example. Liverpool have been playing great this season. Have you been watching them?

I did have a quid on the following to all win;

Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland, Chelsea.

Shame really that Torres couldn't finish a plate of chips. All yesterday's games could have gone either way. It's a game of two halves. Etc.

Football, isn't it?

They weren't favourites, Spurs at Ladbrokes were 10-11.

When I checked prior to the game Liverpool were, and from a quick check on the internet all I can find is that it is pretty close - http://www.betasia.com/premier-league/474490/premier-league-tottenham-vs-liverpool-odds-and-betting-preview (17/10 for Tottenham win 9/5 for Liverpool win).

Whatever, obviously the game should have been a surprise.

I did have a quid on the following to all win;

Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland, Chelsea.

Shame really that Torres couldn't finish a plate of chips. All yesterday's games could have gone either way. It's a game of two halves. Etc.

Football, isn't it?

You bet on Fulham to beat Man City?

When I checked prior to the game Liverpool were, and from a quick check on the internet all I can find is that it is pretty close - http://www.betasia.com/premier-league/474490/premier-league-tottenham-vs-liverpool-odds-and-betting-preview (17/10 for Tottenham win 9/5 for Liverpool win).

Whatever, obviously the game should have been a surprise.

17/10 means Spurs were favourites. Seems like they bookies weren't surprised then?

Yes of course people were surprised. Liverpool were favourites to win with the bookmakers for example. Liverpool have been playing great this season. Have you been watching them?

Really? We had a decent 45 minutes against Sunderland, then were pretty poor (similar to many games last season), we were comfortable against Arsenal without ever posing too much of a threat, great against Bolton, probably worthy of a point against Stoke and terrible yesterday.

We certainly haven't been great all season.

I don't think you have, i still have nightmares about the time i lost watching Liverpool lumber past an awful Arsenal for that win, the other games were also not exactly great performances and agains teams that will flirt with relegation.

No one was surprised that Spurs tore Liverpool apart, they did at the end of the season and have a much better team and squad and were at home. The only reason some had half decent odds on Liverpool was due to the opening games Spurs played, having watched them both until the opposition scored Spurs still looked decent they just fell apart a bit but given the trauma at the club and injuries at the time it wasn't a big surprise.

I would have been as surprised if Liverpool beat Spurs at home as if Wolves had beaten us the week before, having said that Wolves have a better defence when coping with Bale!

I don't think you have, i still have nightmares about the time i lost watching Liverpool lumber past an awful Arsenal for that win, the other games were also not exactly great performances and agains teams that will flirt with relegation.

No one was surprised that Spurs tore Liverpool apart, they did at the end of the season and have a much better team and squad and were at home. The only reason some had half decent odds on Liverpool was due to the opening games Spurs played, having watched them both until the opposition scored Spurs still looked decent they just fell apart a bit but given the trauma at the club and injuries at the time it wasn't a big surprise.

I would have been as surprised if Liverpool beat Spurs at home as if Wolves had beaten us the week before, having said that Wolves have a better defence when coping with Bale!

Liverpool will finish higher than Spurs this year, no doubt. "Much better team and squad" yeah nice one mate.

Since we got Kenny in charge we have got a much higher points total than Spurs. To be honest you are much less of a threat to us for a Champions League spot than Arsenal are.