Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

We shall see, i predict Liverpool much better than you guys do as this thread has shown over the years ;)

You have a better keeper, we have a better set of defenders, a better set of midfielders and a better set of strikers, we have more depth in the squad and we have show that the last two times we have met with Kenny in charge.

Back end of last season we were in the CL with a depleted squad so we did have some poor results at times esp directly after CL games, still gave your lot a good seeing to at Anfield tho.

The only threat to CL spots Liverpool are is getting cheap points of the top 5/6 teams, Liverpool won't be in the CL next season and i wouldn't be surprised if you're not in Europe next season either - Fifa Fair Play and intertoto excluded ;)

We shall see, i predict Liverpool much better than you guys do as this thread has shown over the years ;)

You have a better keeper, we have a better set of defenders, a better set of midfielders and a better set of strikers, we have more depth in the squad and we have show that the last two times we have met with Kenny in charge.

Back end of last season we were in the CL with a depleted squad so we did have some poor results at times esp directly after CL games, still gave your lot a good seeing to at Anfield tho.

The only threat to CL spots Liverpool are is getting cheap points of the top 5/6 teams, Liverpool won't be in the CL next season and i wouldn't be surprised if you're not in Europe next season either - Fifa Fair Play and intertoto excluded ;)

Suarez better than any of your strikers, Gerrard better than any of your midfielders. Not much to pick between defensively IMO.

That is your problem, you have 3 cracking players and a load of nearly goods, we have a vastly better defence btw - yours is probably the slowest in the league and can not cope at all with pace.

On the occasions King plays he is one of the great defenders in the league, Dawson is decent and the centre backs at least have pace. We have a better midfield, Bale, Sandro, Parker, Modric, Huddlestone, Van der Vaart, Lennon - there are few teams that can match that lot and the younglings coming through, Liverpool don't get close. Strikers wise Adebayor & Defoe will score more than Suarez and Carrol but both teams have issues with depth of striking talent i will grant you.

While i agree you have a few great individuals you have no depth in the side, Suarez will not be as big an imp at as he was last season - he had to ask King's permission to be taken off as he was in his pocket and on course for a second yellow, he will be sent off a few times this year for you. Do you really think Gerrard is the player he was a few seasons ago? I can't see him playing the rest of the season and he is on the downward curve being 31 and injury prone.

One or two of the more outspoken supporters sure, but I think the majority of us are fairly realistic, and would admit that Spurs and Liverpool are currently pretty even.

As fun as your Top Trump style team comparisons are, we all (I think) know that there is more to it than that.

That is your problem, you have 3 cracking players and a load of nearly goods, we have a vastly better defence btw - yours is probably the slowest in the league and can not cope at all with pace.

Out of our first choice back four, I don't think Enrique, Agger or Johnson are slow by any means. Carragher is clearly a weak link in terms of speed, obviously, but he offers much in other areas.

Spurs always let goals in, why we are so entertaining to watch!

We are beating you on clean sheets this year with a game less played ;) not that I imagine we will over the season as it's not really our style.

I know we have a good ol bit of banter so long may it continue, spurs being better I mean of course :P

Errr, so thats why you have a better defence than us?! I know its banter, but jeez youve come in here chatting some shit.

To be fair Spurs trading up for Friedel over Gomes should help on the clean sheets. He was always good for several spilt goals a season.

I think Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal will be in a three way fight for that fourth spot. The place will go to the team that can in any way show a bit of consistancy, which none look like doing right now. It's a long season and simple injuries to key players can hurt teams. If Spurs lose Adebayor, or Liverpool Suarez, or Arsenal RVP they all look suddenly a bit light up front. That can be the difference between fourth and sixth for any of those sides.

Arsenal are certainly weaker than they've been for years. Liverpool look to have a stronger squad than they did over the last couple of seasons, but various players have still to settle and prove they can offer what people hope they will. Spurs look a bit stronger than they did last season in squad terms. Spur and Liverpool the last couple of years have suffered the same issue. It's been games against "lower" sides that have cost them more than the matches against the "big" teams. If any of those three teams can start picking up three points regularly aginst those sides then the pressure drops when it comes to facing each other, as they have opened a decent gap.

Errr, so thats why you have a better defence than us?! I know its banter, but jeez youve come in here chatting some shit.

We have a better defence because we lost less games than you last season and therefore had more points, clean sheets as you have ably proven are not the best stat for proving how good a defence is!

I think Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal will be in a three way fight for that fourth spot. The place will go to the team that can in any way show a bit of consistancy, which none look like doing right now. It's a long season and simple injuries to key players can hurt teams. If Spurs lose Adebayor, or Liverpool Suarez, or Arsenal RVP they all look suddenly a bit light up front. That can be the difference between fourth and sixth for any of those sides.

Who knows, maybe Carroll will decide to step up?...wishful thinking?

We have a better defence because we lost less games than you last season and therefore had more points, clean sheets as you have ably proven are not the best stat for proving how good a defence is!

My brother is a Spurs fan and he has been slagging Assou-Ekotto and Kaboul of for years. King barely plays, but yes when he plays he is quality and Dawson is definitely improving. To say any of those are much better or even better than Agger, Carragher and Enrique is open to debate. Fair play you won on saturday, but it was 4-0 only because of the sendings off and we just never played the way we can. Over a course of a season, I believe we will finish higher than you. Remember, you lost heavily at home to City not long ago, so I think sundays scoreline was a little surprising whatever you say.

Assou-Ekotto is one of the best LB's in the league these days and the days where he would make silly mistakes and cost Spurs goals are long behind him now and he is now just a really solid no frills defender who judging by interviews is even a decent bloke to boot.

I feel Liverpool and Spurs are both at very similar levels right now and both could well finish 4th but as Hawkeye as already said a lot of that depends on the fitness of Ade for Spurs and Saurez for Liverpool.

Assou-Ekotto is one of the best LB's in the league these days and the days where he would make silly mistakes and cost Spurs goals are long behind him now and he is now just a really solid no frills defender who judging by interviews is even a decent bloke to boot.

Assou-Ekotto is a footballer that isn't actually really into football. He's talked about it before. Playing football is more of a job to him than a passion. Obviously that makes no difference to the blokes ability but it's just something I've always found a bit weird. Harry Kewell is the same. Football is nothing more than employment to him. Going by his Twitter feed I don't get the impression Glen Johnson is a massive fan of this particular sport either.

On the other hand Jamie Carragher admits to watching as much football as humanly possible when he's not playing. Each to their own I guess.

How about this stat:

"Spurs last win w/out King was Apr 9, since then he's played 4 games, we won all 4. The 7 games he's missed, 3 draws 4 losses."

You don't have a defence really. Just one guy.

I feel Liverpool and Spurs are both at very similar levels right now and both could well finish 4th but as Hawkeye as already said a lot of that depends on the fitness of Ade for Spurs and Saurez for Liverpool.

Tevez is the same isn't he? He's remarked how he'd like to retire early/etc. Then again Tevez says a lot of things, and changes his mind depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

Agger breaks ribs, out for a month. It is insanely annoying.

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is expected to be out for at least four weeks after suffering a rib injury in Sunday's 4-0 defeat at Tottenham.

The Dane fell heavily and had to be substituted before half-time.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish said: "Daniel has got a fractured rib, so he's struggling a bit."

Agger's agent Per Steffensen told sporten.tv2.dk: "It's the worst possible news. He has broken two ribs, and he must keep still for four weeks."

He added on tipsbladet.dk: "Daniel is way down now and I certainly sympathise with him. He will miss the two [international] matches against Cyprus and Portugal and there is a match against Manchester United he also misses. It's insanely annoying."

Finally caught up on the action. Wasn't convinced on the first Adam yellow and Skrtel's second was touch and go. Bale seems to go over very, very easily doesn't he (for both of Skrtel's challenges).

Still by all accounts we were shit.. No complaints at the result, although the reffing is just a bit strange. Could do without suspensions if we are to lose.