Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

It was a pretty poor performance from Liverpool today but at least we got the win. We missed a hatful of chances too all within about 2 minutes of the second half but our defence looked so shaky for the majority of the game which made it very nervous in the end.

Suarez is ridiculously good, as was by far and away our best player again.

The match didn't exactly change my opinion of Henderson either - he offers us nothing from the right. It was no surprise to see our right side get exposed yet again. He'll come good in time, like Lucas did, but I imagine it'll be from a central position instead.

Carroll looked pretty good, though how he didn't even get a shot on goal in stoppage time I'll never know.

This is the only one I got I'm afraid! Everyone was asking for pics so I felt a bit bad. Pepe was getting a bit annoyed with this girl I think cos she kept asking, he was saying in his awesome voice, "LAST ONE NOW, LAST ONE".

Don't think Adam is a fan of mingling with the fans either, Spearing certainly is!

post-2104-070787500 1316968228_thumb.jpg

Just noticed that the One Show (7PM BBC1) has a piece about Hillsborough tonight with Kelly Dalglish. Might be a bit short and shit but you never know.

Fuck's sake. I'd been waiting for this (it was due to air last week but was delayed) and bloody forgot.

Did anybody here catch it? I don't tend to watch telly these days so that's my excuse.

The derby, then: I think it could be a good match. Everton are still punching and we're still finding our feet. We need to start with Dirk, that much is true; the last thing I'd want is for us to make Dirk unhappy with starting on the bench so much, he'd get into loads of great teams. And he's a nightmare for them lot too. I don't think Gerrard's ready to start yet, even if it is an occasion to leave a mark.

Ticketing advice please! I was hoping to buy some tickets for the Norwich match in October and I was pinning my hopes on one of these 'late availability' sales. I haven't been up to Anfield for at least 18 months now - the end of the Benitez era and the Hodgson, erm, blip rather drained my enthusiasm for the trip - so I have my fancard but I haven't had to deal with their latest harebrained schemes up until now. But now the ticket page has updated with some new information about, I think, a further members sale that'll be starting October 5th. So do I need full membership for this? That's going to make the tickets even more eye-wateringly expensive - something like £70 each - unless I get up to Anfield another time or two this season, which is sadly unlikely. Should there still be one of these late availability sales afterwards for commoners like me? Help!

(I'd probably have asked on RAWK, where they have loads of threads about ticket sales and stuff, but I've lost my login details, their reminder system apparently isn't working, and it seems to be pretty much an entirely closed community these days... I guess the mods got bored of banning Man U fans.)

If you've a fan card then you don't need a membership. Have you ever bought online before? It's the same system, just make sure you get in early and you've got half an hour to choose a block.

The RAWK reminder system was taken offline because some people got hacked by Man Utd fans and made loads of Hillsborough and Heysel comments. Registrations are closed for the time being because there were so many idiots signing up over the summer, so eventually it'll either get opened up once there's been a cull or there'll be a referral system. What's your user name on RAWK?

I've bought online before but that was before they added this new membership approach. The ticket information page has changed again and makes a bit more sense now. Members get another two days of exclusivity Oct 5th/6th then non-members have a go. Should be ok then I expect - I read elsewhere that there's been decent availability for some of the games involving the smaller teams.

I wish I could remember my username - I'd probably be able to guess my password if I could. I assumed the reminder system would probably want an email address. Though actually, thinking about it, it's probably one of my old email accounts that I don't have access to so that wouldn't help. In any case, it's so long since I last logged in that I wouldn't be surprised if they've culled my account.

Cheers.