Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

Pretty disgusting behaviour from the Everton fans there, throwing coins at the players. Hopefully those responsible will be banned.

Strange way for Everton to spend all of next season's transfer budget.

:lol:

Shocking behaviour though.

Thought we played really well, particularly second half. Shocking refereeing for the sending off - never a foul, let alone a red. Carroll still fails to convince, despite his goal. Suarez is awesome, as we all know!

Fucking love 12:45 kick offs when we win, sit back, grab a drink and watch the rest of the weekends football. :)

thought Everton got stuck in , pretty shocking decision on the red but that tackle that went unnoticed at bit later was a straight red so it evened itself out imo

i didnt like seeing things thrown at players , these people should be found out and banned from the ground

overall tho beating Everton is one of the best ways to cheer me up now for Manure

Gerrard and Bellamy looked class when they came on, and gave us that bit of extra control and penetration. I think moving Suarez to the right of a 4-3-3 makes more sense than playing 4-4-2 and leaving out one of Gerrard and Adam, but I doubt we'll ever see it. Downing's still pissing me off. I had high hopes for him but he's disappointed me so far, if I'm honest. I'm not sure what to make of Andy's performance - he looks deadly when he actually gets balls to attack in the box, but he's just not getting the right service, and his general play is sub-par. I think having Gerrard in the team will go a long way to getting more out of him, at least. Stevie was constantly looking for him with that diagonal ball from deep areas, much like the way Barton used to at Newcastle.

Downing and Adam were awful I thought. Adam likes to sit far too deep when we're on the attack (seemingly in the hope that the ball will come back out to him from a defensive mess-up almost) so he can deliver another great Hollywood ball, or something. And Downing just likes to disappear; there was a time when he passed it to Enrique and he just waited, he didn't follow up to help him out or anything - it exemplified the game he had.

As for Carroll, he looked off the pace. There were times he was doing something which clearly wasn't the right thing to do, he needs to get sharper.

We seriously need to sack off 4-4-2 as well. Ancient formation.

I think the things you've mentioned about Adam are largely down to him playing in a 'two' in midfield. Playing 4-4-2 means that the CMs have to be disciplined because if one goes forward, it leaves loads of space for the opposition to exploit, and the prevalence of 3-man midfields in the modern game makes that very dangerous. Our play is very one-sided and I think Lucas sitting deep, with Adam and Gerrard ahead of him would go some way to solving that. If Downing really has to fuck about switching flanks all the time, then he can do that with Suarez coming off the right, leaving Carroll to play as high up the pitch as possible. I really think that would suit the players better than what we're seeing at the moment. Make it so, Kenny.

Didn't Suarez get narked off at Ajax because he was being made to play wide?

Déjà vu:

Suarez will almost certainly be playing wide in our front three.

Erm, isn't one of the reasons he's on his way out of Ajax because he doesn't want to do exactly that? I'm sure I read something along those lines, will have a looksee...

edit: Ah no my mistake, it was speculation De Boer might prefer proper wingers.

He still plays wide in a front three for Uruguay quite often and before coming to Liverpool, that was the way he'd been used at all of his clubs. He's great at it, and I think we'd be able to get more out of Carroll that way.

As it stands the Carroll/Suarez linkup is very much hit and miss. It can work, they frequently make passing moves to each other to get around defenders, but both are easily frustrated when it doesn't work and keep making puzzled looks at each other. For Suarez, his solo play can make up for that, but Carroll has a habit of either not being where players expect him to be, or just can't get his feet/head to the ball. I think he cleanly missed the ball by mere inches about 6 times on Saturday - although I can forgive him the overhead attempt. He's been a bit unlucky in that he had two good shots saved on the line on Saturday and Strikers are judged on their goals, not their attempts (and imo Adam had the best shot of the game but smacked the bar)

Still, early days as they don't always start together and it's not as if Carroll is completely off the pace, it just needs some work. Suarez is good at opening up the defence to make the cut back, so I suspect Carroll's goals will largely come from that sort of play. He just can't get on the end of crosses which at his size is a problem.

Ugh, weekend later this month largely ruined after I completely failed to get tickets for the Norwich match in the end, despite being on the website at 8am and simultaneously trying a few phone calls to the ticket office. I don't mind the level of demand for tickets, even if I was hoping this match would be fairly easy to get into, but I do most severely fucking object to the club making it so painful to even attempt to get any; paying £30 extra per person for more privileged access to them is just silly if you're not going to make it to many matches a season.

Roll on the new stadium / extended Anfield. Or, more likely, several more years of very little happening on that front.

No, that was the final one, as far as I'm aware. There was a couple of days of further members sale just beforehand then this late availability sale and now it's completely sold out, unless I spring for some ludicrously priced hospitality package.

To be honest, I couldn't quite tell whether the website was broken or not, it was that crappy a process. Kept telling me there were tickets available in different sections, I'd choose one and ask for 2 tickets, then it'd tell me there wasn't a pair available and that maybe there were only single tickets left there. So after giving this a few goes, I started trying for single tickets, just to see if it'd work. Still no luck. So like I say, either it was broken or the way they reserve tickets (or don't) for people trying to buy them is fucked. Ticketmaster, etc., seem to manage this ok for high demand gigs or whatever; there's no need for it to be so unfriendly.

A relatively weakened Man U side. Ferguson is cunning; it's probably a no-lose game for him.

"No new signups will be taken until further notice. With or without an invite. Please do not ask about this on Live Support as your chat request will simply be declined. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!"