Luke Smith

MK-1601

Aye, there'll always be a personality or two you're not entirely fond of (Garnett Lee's ongoing retarded behaviour's getting increasingly intolerable)

He does seem to be a bit dim. He used to be the genial core of the show, unassuming and eager to please. But the show's success has turned him into a rambling monster.

I think that's what he is doing, they kept taking the piss on his last week, telling him he'd be bored of the job within three weeks, "Oh, here's another grenade **sigh**, do we have the wireframe art for that?"

Presumably all of the fancy features in Halo 3 like the replay mode will mean they could make regular online TV shows, showing off tactics and big games. He could be the new Des Lynam.

Well, I just think that if you had an Edge reviewer monitoring your game's progress and critiquing it as you went, you'd probably be in for a decent title.

Did you read Edge's article on designing the 'perfect' game? :lol:

He does seem to be a bit dim. He used to be the genial core of the show, unassuming and eager to please. But the show's success has turned him into a rambling monster.

I think it all changed when they started to drink beer during the show. Then Garnett went all loopy.

And as Preacher says, 1up does have some good content, you just just have to plough through the shit to find it. Broken Pixels for example is by far the greatest thing ever made on the internet.

Broken Pixels for example is by far the greatest thing ever made on the internet.

I don't know. It's a good idea, and I really liked the first few episodes, but recently they've come across as trying too hard.

I don't know. It's a good idea, and I really liked the first few episodes, but recently they've come across as trying too hard.

I don't reckon that's true. I don't need anybody to point out how hilarious Snow Job and Night Trap are. In fact, I reckon the series has improved dramatically from the first couple of dodgy episodes.

Highlights include:

Queen of Queens - Asia Kong! Asia Kong!

Ring Kings - gayest game ever made

Snow Job - second gayest

Total Recall - third gayest

Night Trap - Scat mission 230. El oh el.

It's as much about the choice of games as it is the people playing it, I reckon.

I think it all changed when they started to drink beer during the show. Then Garnett went all loopy.

He did seem to have one foot on the drunk bus on Luke's last show. Garnett's cool, though. He's really the only gaming podcast presenter I've heard who hosts and structures the show like it's a professional radio broadcast. For that I'll forgive him the occasional outburst of wrongness.

I don't reckon that's true. I don't need anybody to point out how hilarious Snow Job and Night Trap are. In fact, I reckon the series has improved dramatically from the first couple of dodgy episodes.

Really? Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy the episodes and they're a decent way of killing five minutes, but when the camera points at the three guys sitting on the couch, it's like I can see them desperately trying to come up with funny one-liners and sex/fart jokes. Kills it off for me a little.

Maybe the novelty of the show has worn off for me.

Garnett drinking is always a bad sign because he does tend to make a tit of himself (just listen to the show with the guy who was developing Shadowrun which was absolutely appalling). Personally I like 1Up Yours, having John Davison there seems to keep them honest and he has a lot worthwhile to say unlike some of the other "you know, it's like, whatever" types.

Garnett drinking is always a bad sign because he does tend to make a tit of himself (just listen to the show with the guy who was developing Shadowrun which was absolutely appalling). Personally I like 1Up Yours, having John Davison there seems to keep them honest and he has a lot worthwhile to say unlike some of the other "you know, it's like, whatever" types.

John's as intrinsic to the appeal of the podcast as anybody else. Any week where either Shane or Garnett isn't there usually doesn't flow the same way, and whilst Mark MacDonald's the best replacement for Luke they've got, he doesn't really contribute in a way the others don't. Having said that, he was right when he said Luke's replacement should be whoever the next news editor is.