IGNORED

Hardcore 'till I die!

Eats hoops and leaves

Okay:

breeze__styles_live_@_htid_7_ml_2 copy.mp3 - 39.93MB

This is my favourite hardcore mix. All is good apart from near the end, when the MC has a go at some goons, but if you don't like what you hear, try listening at 36:26. So, so immense.

Awesome stuff, listening now :D

I can never get enough hardcore! I have to say, the number one track for putting me in a stupidly good mood has got to be Hixxy's remix of Set You Free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJx4bvpPL8

This thread has reminded me of going to the Big Love festival in 1996. Am pretty sure it was there that I went into the hardcore tent (always the first to kick off)...where Mr Motivator was MCing.

Might not be the most appropriate place to post it but here :

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...mp;q=go+berzerk

Scott Brown's "Go Berzerk" in Beatmania IIDX RED, has notoriety as being possible the most difficult song to play on 14[a] mode in the entire history of the series. Strange for a Scottish Hardcore DJ to have such a claim to fame.

I find this post amusing in 3 different ways.

According to Ticketmaster:

10th October - Glasgow King Tuts

11th October - London Mean Fiddler

12th October - Manchester Academy 3

Wow. I'm totally phoning my friend who lives in Manchester tonight to badger her to get tickets. Thanks!

And also, to esaer et al, rather than talking about how it used to be better, why not post some tunes up so we can hear too? I have some old stuff like Fantazia and Carl Cox at my parent's house, but I've not listened to them in years.

I'm afraid most of my stuff is literally still on tape only...haven't got round to burning them off yet. The only thing I can lay my hands on at the moment is this...an old unidentified Micky Finn tape from 1992 (d/l'd from some blog)...

Finn...the bad boy

...and I've got a Randall studio tape from the same year I can upload if anyone wants.

There's some great old videos on Youtube:

Top Buzz at Amnesia 92

Massive nostalgia rush!! classic MC Mad P singing along to the records "Fried Crisp And Dry"

Love the Youtube quotes aswell:

"Top Buzz is a part of English history, just like William Shakespeare or the BBC."

Excellent stuff...nice one esar!

Where was Mad P in the 100 Great Britons thing?! :D

14.pisstank-punching_your_girlfriends_cunt_til_it_bleeds.mp3 - 6.64MB

I'll chip in with some ridiculous bpm action I think. The first half of this track is ace, once it gets to about 2:30 and the relentless kick drum comes in though, I loose interest.

The relentless kick is the best bit, hard as nails :lol:. Pisstank has done some really ace stuff down the years, not much, but it's class.

Okay, here's my nomination: Bong Ra - Deathsucker Rave (Amphetamine Lollipop mix). Doesn't do much but it will leave you breathless! Gets me up and dancing about every time. Bought this 7" when it came out and now it seems to go for stupid money! This is hardcore.

There's some great old videos on Youtube:

Top Buzz at Amnesia 92

Massive nostalgia rush!! classic MC Mad P singing along to the records "Fried Crisp And Dry"

Love the Youtube quotes aswell:

"Top Buzz is a part of English history, just like William Shakespeare or the BBC."

Ahhhh right so that's where the sample in DJ Tactix' The Way comes from :lol:

Okay, I've been listening to loads of older stuff - some songs I recognise, some new to me, and while there are obviously some immense tunes, I honestly don't see how you can like that and not the newer stuff? Modern hardcore is surely the natural progression of all the ninties stuff? A quicker pace, more varied samples, more hooks... it's shifted, but not necessarily for the worse. If it had stayed where it was then it'd be dead.

Well how old are you talking? It lost it's appeal to me when the breakbeats all dissapeared. There was plenty of pounding cheesey beats back in 95/96 when I moved on, so if that's what you are referring to then todays Hardcore is indeed the natural progression of that. I guess Drum n Bass evolved from the breakbeat hardcore scene.

I don't know, to be honest. Aside from a passing interest when I was younger and managed to pick up pirate radio, I've only really got back into fast dance music in the last 2 years or so (which is strange for somebody whose first CD was The Prodigiy - Experience). As a result, everything is a giant mess of dates. I suppose the majority of the older stuff I've been looking at is in the 92-94 range, but there's bound to be 95/96 stuff in there too.

I'm with acidbearboy on when hardcore lost its appeal. I went with the jungle/drum n bass, it was just more interesting and rough. Hardcore or hardstyle or whatever you want to call it is still pretty cheesy but no-one really cares as long as it's bangin'.