Microsoft bans modified 360s from Live

mr_rmg

You get completely apathetic by yarring anyway. So much stuff has gone untouched on my Ps2 its crazy.

I don't care what i miss anymore.

o/\o

It's not like you're ever going to complete them all, anyway.

You get completely apathetic by yarring anyway. So much stuff has gone untouched on my Ps2 its crazy.

I don't care what i miss anymore.

Sensible people only get stuff they plan on playing anyway. Why pirate it if you aren't interested in it to begin with?

Sensible people only get stuff they plan on playing anyway. Why pirate it if you aren't interested in it to begin with?

Greed?

I'd like to know what journos who get free copies think. Do you end up playing them all? Or do you just end up giving them away to friends?

A mate gave me a free copy of The Getaway a few years back. I was well pleased, until I played it.

Im not sure where this notion is coming from that everybody who got banned is going to run out and buy a Core.

Most people who modified their 360 will value "free" games over Live play. Because you can no longer play copies on Live without getting banned they would still have to buy the retail games alongside a core.

£200 is a lot of money to spend just to play a game online.

Gears of War multiplayer is completely worth it.

Do they let you access live without the latest updates?

I cant believe people are trying to justify their decision to pirate with all these shitty excuses. I did it on xbox, I just held my hands up and admitted that I didnt want to pay for games as I could easily get them for free. Now I just cant be bothered with all the nonsense that goes with it and as such enjoy my games more as I appreciate them having forked out the cash.

It definitely hurts the industry, but on the other hand Im not gonna get all sanctimonious and berate people for doing it. Just dont try and paint it with all this rubbish that you do it for the greater good. I can count the number of games that I have bought on one hand that have been rubbish as I know my tastes and also read forum opinions (dont trust magazines anymore).

I think this is pretty much spot-on. There's no point in justifying it, really - most people do it because it's human nature to take something for free if it's available.

I'm surprised that they didn't discontinue the core pack before they did this. The core is surely cheap enough that lots of pirates will go down the two machine route and still save money. Might clear a lot of old stock out of shops I suppose.

Hardly surprising. I don't really see why people get pissed off about this though, everybody knew that modding an Xbox (360) would eventually get your ass kicked off Live. You can't really blame Microsoft for trying to keep Live clean and their software secure?

Yeah but get this right, they say its to keep people that cheat off xbox live. You can still fucking cheat with a non modded xbox if you use that xploder thing.

I'm surprised that they didn't discontinue the core pack before they did this. The core is surely cheap enough that lots of pirates will go down the two machine route and still save money. Might clear a lot of old stock out of shops I suppose.

But some people will actually start to buy games, at least ones they really want to play online, so there'd be no point in scrapping the Core.

Yep. Hackers all knew it was a possibility they'd get banned. They didn't care then and they don't care now, or at least they shouldn't. They're still paying fuck all for their games.

And this year's best looking games? Mass Effect? Bioshock? They're offline, anyway.

I'm sure Halo will sting some people. Me? Nah.

No one's really pissed off are they? It's mostly just the kiddies getting themselves in to froth over this.. taking the opportunity to go HAAHAAA, LOLS, Dirty scum got what they deserve etc YAWN

At the end of the day I don't get the use out of live to be inconvenianced. I expect those that used it constantly to have a different view. For me online gaming and marketplace is a nice feature to have but it's not my primary experience. i dont fancy paying £4 for 15-20yr old arcade ports (especially when you can buy compilations which offer games for 60p each) , and demos are usually only of use if you actually plan to spend money on the game in the first place. Personally I have an issue with demos as they don't always offer a experience similar to the final product or the gap is sometimes far too big between the demo and full release. I certainly don't want to be paying more money for digital downloads of movies and tv shows then owning the actual dvds cost either.

However, I'm not a typical consumer so I don't claim to be in the majority

Yep. Hackers all knew it was a possibility they'd get banned.

It took them 12 months from the release of the original hack, when it should have been done within weeks. . Until 2 weeks ago few people saw any risk, because Microsoft didn't seem to be doing anything about it. In addition, several of us on this forum was wondering if Microsoft had the balls to cut their potential Live revenue stream by a noticable amount.

So while we didn't rule it out, it didn't seem as likely as it did under the old system. It will be interesting to find out how far back the checks go. If it is media related, machines not used online for a period might be safe providing they update to a newer firmware before connecting to live.

It took them 12 months from the release of the original hack, when it should have been done within weeks. . Until 2 weeks ago few people saw any risk, because Microsoft didn't seem to be doing anything about it. In addition, several of us on this forum was wondering if Microsoft had the balls to cut their potential Live revenue stream by a noticable amount.

So while we didn't rule it out, it didn't seem as likely as it did under the old system. It will be interesting to find out how far back the checks go. If it is media related, machines not used online for a period might be safe providing they update to a newer firmware before connecting to live.

Oh please, I'm as hacky a hacker as anyone here, and not once did I presume I was safe. I'm surprised we got away with it for as long as we did.

Not banned yet, but I'll be pissed off if I do get banned and my Oblivion DLC stops working.

I'm a nice kid and even I like a few of my games for free.

That didn't stop me from ordering Ouendan 2 though even though I'm the proud owner of a M3 Lite :ph34r:

Don't kid youself, you are scum! And so am I according to certain members of this forum. They can barely tolerate us and our evil, evil ways.

Don't kid youself, you are scum! And so am I according to certain members of this forum. They can barely tolerate us and our evil, evil ways.

I don't really care about that. I invest a lot of money in the industry so I'm hardly the enemy here. It's not that I steal the bread from the mouth of poor developers and their families, just that I 'force' some loyal customer benefits of my own.

I just don't see why they must do it at big stages in the console. Surely there would have been a spike now even if they did it 6 months ago as some people are under the delusion that Halo is anything other then a half decent game and they MUST compete in this bugged to hell 3 week beta rather then wait for a useable product for them to over-rate