Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

chalkitdown

I wish they would either...

fully develop this show and never make movies again. Take the tv series all the way through to the nuke, the build up of skynet and the war etc

or

never have made this show and concentrate on a very solid triology of films covering the same time line

I've watched the first two episodes and it seems a bit hard to judge at the moment. It seems alright, but I'm not sure how quickly I'll get bored of seeing Terminators being thrown though walls. A lot of walls get fucked up in this programme.

There was no fighting in the third ep. ^_^

It was quite good, I liked the voice overs

I still have a few issues with it though:

If you worked at an Intern at the best computer company in the world, and then it got blown to hell and your boss killed...wouldn't you remember the person (or at least vague look) of person who did it? Sarah was all over the news. I can see why Joe Public wouldn't remember, but some brain wizz? Not convinced

Given what we saw of FemaleTerminator (Sorry forget name!) in the pilot, she could do a bit of social interaction....why not now?

What's to stop Andy from building again?

I didn't like the editing of the eye scene. They showed the Doc dead, and told you what happened. You could work it out quite easily, but cutting and showing the scene out of sequence at the end was jarring...(especially as the not telling you everything about the jumper storyline was quite effectively and minimally done

I did like Sarah's worry about being told she will die of Cancer (as per T3)

The main problem I can see is what they're going to do on a weekly basis, and how the same formula isn't going to repeat itself.

I think its mainly the shape of the eye sockets that do it, especially for the head. Wish I had an full body image from the show...

Your wish be my command.

2e1g2af.png

24zyik4.png

25rpe3d.png

I prefer the model in the show, to be honest. They look more menacing. I love the fact that they're smiling. They're these big kiling machines and they have a constant grin on their fase. Very creepy.

24zyik4.png

Thanks for finding the pics. It's also the new plate on the chest, the connection to the neck, which really over simplifies it I think. Though I think th bigger problem is simply that it doesn't look like it is 100% in that room. Below is original Terminator body...

LACon%20IV%20Terminator.jpg

I still prefer the new ones. It's alll about the menacing eyes.

I hope we get to see more of the CGI Terminators. Preferably doing stuff. They haven't been doing much so far, besides standing around in dream sequences and the like. The cgi guys are definitely capable of putting them into action scenes, they do it all the time with Cylons in BSG.

I still prefer the new ones. It's alll about the menacing eyes.

I hope we get to see more of the CGI Terminators. Preferably doing stuff. They haven't been doing much so far, besides standing around in dream sequences and the like. The cgi guys are definitely capable of putting them into action scenes, they do it all the time with Cylons in BSG.

I'm sure that will come but more likely towards the end of the season at the very least. As I said I can imagine that if this show gets good ratings it could develop over many seasons. Season 3 being where the war begins and the terminators are taking over the world etc. To be honest though I can't see this getting another season.

To be honest though I can't see this getting another season.

Anyone got info on ratings?

It was being fairly heavily pushed I thought.

I can't see this format lasting that long though, it's hard to see what they'll do everyweek unless the format changes.

Proper shit, but it's not really any of the cast's fault. It's got the worst writing in the world, and whoever did write it ought to be pointed at and laughed out of the industry.

The only other problems with it as a show are more down to the tone - it really ought to be like a kind of live action Chobits, but because it's Terminator we have to be on edge constantly. I find terminators really fucking scary as it is, and one film every ten years is fine by me. 40 minutes of them a week makes me a bit uneasy. :P

I just read that Garret Dillahunt is taking over Terminating duties as of the next episode onwards. :rolleyes: If you've seen Deadwood or John From Cincinnatti, you'll know who he is. He's a very good actor, certainly capable of playing a cold, emotionless character, as seen in season 2 of Deadwood. Can't wait to see how he does in this.

Its funny how that terminator wears a disguise and blends into society so that he can get what he needs to make himself skinned...and blend into society. Surely he could of just walked up to John in his first disguise and shoot him in the face?

Its funny how that terminator wears a disguise and blends into society so that he can get what he needs to make himself skinned...and blend into society. Surely he could of just walked up to John in his first disguise and shoot him in the face?

I thought this was doomed from the moment in the first episode where a terminator was pointing a gun directly at John Connor, but was just standing there waiting to be run over instead of pulling the trigger. Worst. Unstoppable killing machine. Evar.

I have a good question, why do all the Terminator's have to be white?

You'd think a non white Terminator would be the perfect disguise.

No, cos everyone expects the ethnics to go around being violent and causing trouble.

I don't if this has been mentioned, but it occured to me that the machines could just program a Terminator to pretend it was sent back to help John. It would keep up the pretense by offing a few other Terminators that have been sent back, until John feels safe in it's company. Then BLAM! whilst he turns his back to get a beer from the fridge.

No, cos everyone expects the ethnics to go around being violent and causing trouble.

Idiot.

Third episode was much improved I thought. First decent scene for John Connor and he was alright I thought. The bad terminator is being dealt with interestingly and is scary. After a first ep that just seemed happy to refry story beats from the movies I'm thinking this could be cool...