PS3: Too soon to buy?

macosx!

Looking at the forum threads, the first PS3 thread I can find is 'The thread for PS3 owners' on page 2. It's near the bottom. Apart from MotorStorm and Resistance at launch, there is absolutely nothing to make me switch on my PS2. Infact the only reason I've used it is to play some PS2 games. I

MHO this is the lamest launch period for a console ever. It makes Nintendo look like EA. I'm not Sony bashing, I want good games to play on my PS3 but I wonder whether they should have waited a year to make the system a complelling purchase. It's a software wasteland out there...

Apart from Zelda and Wii Play at launch there is absolutely nothing to make me switch on my Wii. Infact the only reason I've used it is to play some Gamecube and Virtual Console games. IMHO this is the lamest launch period for a console ever. It makes Sony look like EA. I'm not Nintendo bashing, I want good games to play on my Wii but I wonder whether they should have waited a year to make the system a complelling purchase. It's a software wasteland out there.......

Fixed.

LAUNCH CONSOLE IN SUMMER GAMES SHORTAGE SHOCKER!

Oh, and:

SONY RELEASE SCHEDULE

JUNE 2007

29th Eye of Judgement PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

JULY 2007

1st Lair PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Then fuck all exclusives until

SEPTEMBER 2007

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

Heavenly Sword PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

OCTOBER 2007

Home PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

GTA4 Playstation 3 Rockstar Games

Unreal Tournament 3 PlayStation 3 Midway

NOVEMBER 2007

15th SOCOM Confrontation PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

17th Folklore PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

17th Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

Q4 2007

Beautiful Katamari PlayStation 3 Namco Bandai

Final Fantasy XIII PlayStation 3 Square Enix (seriously doubtful, but currently listed as 2007)

WarHawk PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

Little Big Planet PlayStation 3 Sony Computer Entertainment

A lot of exclusives, most of these will be joined by 3rd party titles such as Saints Row 2 and SEGA Rally. The end of the year looks pretty packed, in my opinion.

As far as I know, there's a strong possibility of MGS4 this year, but strong rumours of it slipping too (don't know if it's actually slipped yet).

Is this where we all list games to prove something or other is it?

Remember, they have to be exclusives, as multiplatform games don't exist! Probably best to just copy and paste from GamesRadar or somewhere like that. Saves you delving into moronity yourself.

Is this where we all list games to prove something or other is it?

God forbid we actually discuss games we're looking forward to on the PS3, in a thread discussing future PS3 games, in a forum about video games.

The PS3 is being marginalised horribly in retailers with really poor shelf space and I cant really see enough exclusives before Christmas. I feel it's really going to take a miracle and a huge price drop to turn this baby around before it hits the iceberg. The shock of the new has worn off off PS3 as a platform, it really needed something that was ahead of the game to justify the price tag and in that respect it has failed. Blueray is a techhead luxury and not a system seller,

and currently there is no real compelling differential to drive sales at its current price. Then we run into the hype of Halo 3 Aug/Sept.....How could this have been cocked up so munumentally...

I like the Wii, it's a great machine.

But it's been 6 months now and apart from Wii Sports there's been nothing at all to make it stand out.

True. I've been through loads of Wii games and only kept them for a few weeks before trading them for another. Including Wii Aports I've got 9 games and I'll probably trade MoH Vanguard when I've finished it. I'm gradually seeing that Wii Sports is still the killer app. I've returned to my Wii after about a month of virtual inactivity, and the first game I played was Wii Sports.

The new releases have only been trickling through recently and there's hardly anything of interest. There needs to be something as good as Wii Sports soon.

Oh, and:

A lot of exclusives, most of these will be joined by 3rd party titles such as Saints Row 2 and SEGA Rally. The end of the year looks pretty packed, in my opinion.

As far as I know, there's a strong possibility of MGS4 this year, but strong rumours of it slipping too (don't know if it's actually slipped yet).

Firstly, GTA IV is not a PS3 exclusive. Secondly, MGS4 has slipped to March next year. Thirdly, if you consider SOCOM, Folklore and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune "pretty packed", then you'll be blown away by the 360's run-in to the end of 2007.

For me i think SONY did a few things wrong but all this bad mouthing aint no good i believe in sony making amends i see PSN being a great online platform Calling all cars is a great multiplayer game im loving it loads.Singstar next month im really looking forwards to and i htink HOME will bridge new players and a world of online content BELIEVE!!!

Firstly, GTA IV is not a PS3 exclusive. Secondly, MGS4 has slipped to March next year. Thirdly, if you consider SOCOM, Folklore and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune "pretty packed", then you'll be blown away by the 360's run-in to the end of 2007.

"A lot of exclusives", not all, I never suggested that GTAIV is an exclusive. I also stated that I thought that MGS4 had slipped, thanks for confirming. Oh, and it's not just "SOCOM, Folklore and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune", it's Folklore, Singstar, Lair, Ratchet & Clank, SOCOM, Little Big Planet, Home, Uncharted:Drake's Fortune, Eye of Judgement, Warhawk, Pain + lots of 3rd party titles. Funnily enough, all but 3 of those exclusives are also original IPs.

Please, dazzle me with the 360's exclusive lineup for the end of 2007.

Haven't played on my PS3 for several weeks (and not just due to crackdown and its DLC)

There just isn't anything on it at the minute.

Once any exclusives come along then I will most probably change my mind but as of now (and next several months) it was folly.

"A lot of exclusives", not all, I never suggested that GTAIV is an exclusive. I also stated that I thought that MGS4 had slipped, thanks for confirming. Oh, and it's not just "SOCOM, Folklore and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune", it's Folklore, Singstar, Lair, Ratchet & Clank, SOCOM, Little Big Planet, Home, Uncharted:Drake's Fortune, Eye of Judgement, Warhawk, Pain + lots of 3rd party titles. Funnily enough, all but 3 of those exclusives are also original IPs.

Someone's bought a PS3, and is a little insecure about their purchase, methinks.

I mentioned GTA IV because you had it down on the release list you copied - one that seemed to consist of PS3 exclusives. At least I thought that was the point of your post. As for 360 titles this year, Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, Forza Motorsport 2, Too Human, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Project Gotham Racing 4 are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Incidently, the impressive LittleBigPlanet is down for a 2008 release on PS3 the last time I looked. I'd also like to see your list of the "lots of 3rd party titles" too.

No it hasn't. It's just been verified it'll be out in Konami's current financial year, i.e. any time before next March.

I'm betting it'll be March. Certainly doesn't seem it will make its intended 2007 release anyway, and that was my point.

BioShock

Much like MGS4 will no doubt be venturing into the land of installed user base to try and re-coup dev costs, I'm fairly certain that this title will travel the other way. Unless the PS3 keeps performing awfully of course and then there would be no point.

Much like MGS4 will no doubt be venturing into the land of installed user base to try and re-coup dev costs, I'm fairly certain that this title will travel the other way. Unless the PS3 keeps performing awfully of course and then there would be no point.

It's been long rumoured, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's been denied before, and by the time BioShock comes out - in a couple of months apparently - the PS3's userbase won't have grown to a point where there is much point in porting it. Certainly not this year. It's going to be a 360 console exclusive for 2007 at least, it would seem.