Model 2 Emulator version 0.5 released

If you can't get it to work: read the comments (lines starting with ;) in EMULATOR.INI and edit it.

-Daytona: much improved, very playable, still some pop-up and glitches.

-Sega Rally: only played some practice rounds, but ZOMG!!! Close to perfection, very few glitches. Looks so beautiful and plays perfectly.

dont forget, when you run Daytona USA, you will have to press F2 and tell the game setup menu you are running a single machine! otherwise it will stick at the setup screen, looking for another Daytona cabinet...

I think V & X on the keypad move the option up & down and 1 confirms.

i suppose you need a fairly good PC ( like what I got ;) ) to run these.

BLOODY BRILLIANT STUFF!

Playing Daytona USA with the Xbox 360 pad is the business :D

i've tried Sega Rally as well, and am downloading Sega Touring Cars as we speak

Are you using a wired or wireless pad - i have a wireless and cant get the bastard calibrated correctly - what are you doing?

Sega Touring Car Championship is still a very flash looking game, but I can't say I like the gameplay a lot: very strange handling. Should I practice more or is it just one of the lesser Sega Arcade racers? I think it got a Saturn conversion where Indy 500 didn't but I play the latter game more now (in fact I'm loving it ;)).

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)
;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
[RomDirs]
Dir1=d:\temp\tempfiles

Open the file EMULATOR.INI that came with the emulator and look for the part shown above and then edit that like I did.

Remember: lines that start with ; are ignored so remove as needed.

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)
;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
[RomDirs]
Dir1=d:\temp\tempfiles

Open the file EMULATOR.INI that came with the emulator and look for the part shown above and then edit that like I did.

Remember: lines that start with ; are ignored so remove as needed.

aha - makes sense when you see a written example. Cheers !

Hmm, tried Sega rally so far but it's incredibly glitchy. Textures missing, floor missing, wheels missing from cars. White polygons everywhere. Shame. Messed with the config with no joy :)

I was talking about this emu a couple of weeks ago elsewhere; some chap was trying to get Daytona working and so I had a look for information for him - I'm no expert, but through lots of sniffing around and determination I've managed to emulate all sorts of shit - and found out the stuff about Link IDs. In the meantime I tried the game myself, and the performance of the emulator was quite impressive, so it's definitely worth a look.

Oh, and it took me ages to find a download that didn't have missing files, even after checking out my usual bookmarks. Good luck.

Excellent :) Can I play Virtua Racing with this? How about Star Wars Trilogy and Scud Race?

Virtua Racing's recently been made compatible with MAME and it runs fairly well, so I'd go with that. Scud Race is Model 3, so it'll be a long time before a decent emulation of the game arrives. It's playable on MAME (check Jan 13 on Ville's log; it's another Link ID issue, just like Daytona) but it's very slow.

I am going to collect as many working roms as i can, drop me a line if you want Daytona!

And on that note, is this list underdeveloped, or are there really not that many games for the system?

Probably naughty of me, but could someone PM me where to get the roms from? I found as site but some don't work. Especially Daytona, tried 4 versions now. None load. Get a black dos screen saying files are missing sadly.

Also, got Sega Rally running perfectly, apart from the fact that auto transmission doesn't work for some odd reason. So of course you can't complete the races, and manual transmission doesn't change the gears :) Thanks.

It works pretty damn good.

One thing it makes me realise is how fantastic Daytona on the DC was.A lot of people said it was iffy but having only played it the other day I'd say they nailed it but with improved graphics.

Just tried setting up my wireless pad, and as with Cantonarv, it's bleeding impossible. I think it's down to the drivers for it being shit though.

No one else had problems with auto gears in Sega Rally then? Just me sad.gif

How do I do this? I have changed the ini file to say this

Dir1=c:\Documents and settings\john\Desktop\Model 2 emu\ROMS Which is the same location as were the executable file is, but it still says cant load missing files? Anyone help?

The only thing I can see wrong with that, is that you spelt settings without a capital S. No idea if that would affect things though?