Model 2 Emulator version 0.5 released

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)

;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms

;(remove the ; form Dir1)

[RomDirs]

;Dir1=c:\Model2\roms

Dir2=c:\temp\m2emulator

That's how mine looks - note the lack of ';' in the dir2 - it's mentioned on the first page that when reading the ini the program ignores any line with ';' at the start of it. I put the zipped roms into the same folder as the emulator and it works a treat. Make sure the roms are ok as well. You might be getting the location correct but the rom might actually be missing files.

the way i'm using it, is to have a folder on the desktop called m2emulator

right click on the folder, get the path *************( whatever) /desktop/m2emulator

the roms dont have to be unzipped, and can sit in the m2emulator folder :D

for Daytona USA specifically, i have Up as right trigger on my 360 pad Down as left trigger.

and left /right on the stick.

and remember, when you first run Daytona.. press F2 to get into the settings, V to scroll through .. 1 to confirm.

change game setting to "Single" otherwise it wont run.

in that menu are grand prix & endurance modes :ph34r:

On the one hand I'd say that if you're saving your roms in the "roms" folder you might need to include that in the path of "Dir1"

On the other hand, that entire line is commented out on my ini and it works fine... :ph34r:

Guest jedicheeseboy
Gears don't work for me in Sega Rally either, and it seems largely impossible to configure my PS1 joypad to play the driving games.

The standard configured keys for the gears are keys a,s,d,f for gear 1,2,3,4 respectively

Guest jedicheeseboy

Should have also mentioned how BRILLIANT this latest incarnation of the Model 2 emulator is.

I've been playing Sega Rally for hours, it even has the fast car cheat (go through gears 1 through 4 in order on the car select screen, you will hear a jingle when it works).

Messed about with the diagnostic screens, set the game to export (UK) and also found you can set the game to longer and longest to have 3 or 5 laps of each stage!!

Just going to set up my 360 wireless controller now.

bollocks shit crap

I have tried everything mentioned and it still wont work?!?!? :wub:

To keep things simple, I just put mine in Dir1=G:\Roms and I leave the roms zipped or they don't work for some reason. I don't put them in individual folders either. Just straight zip files altogether. I had the same problems before I did this.

bollocks shit crap

I have tried everything mentioned and it still wont work?!?!? :wub:

Can you post a screenie of your error for us? I can't think why the stuff that's already been suggested isn't working...

Goaty, can you PM me the Daytona Rom details, all I can find is the MAME rom and it don't work !

Played STC tho, and it runs nicely!

Weird, that's the version of the rom I'm using and it's fine.