Model 2 Emulator version 0.5 released

:lol:

Having dowloaded quite a few versions of Daytona, I couldn't find a working one.

Sega Rally seemed to work but it acted all spaccy, gears did work even in automatic mode and I couldn't configure the game for my PS2 pad.

In fact the only game I did get working sort of properly was Virtua Striker, unfortunately that was a bit shit.

Ho hum.

Sega Rally seemed to work but it acted all spaccy, gears did work even in automatic mode and I couldn't configure the game for my PS2 pad.

Sega Rally does that for me too, i end up losing coz it won't advance gears making my car go slow.

Gears work for me but I get stuck at 152km/h a lot, could be just the speedo though 'cause when I take a corner I usually find that I should have slowed down...

And both Sega Rally and Daytona require you to turn the wheel halfway to select the intermediate course, which is hard if you only have a (digital) logitech precision. :(

:(

Having dowloaded quite a few versions of Daytona, I couldn't find a working one.

In fact the only game I did get working sort of properly was Virtua Striker, unfortunately that was a bit shit.

Ho hum.

hey! i already said i've got a working version :(

and Layte.. Daytona is ace on a big screen TV with a 360 pad :angry:

Thanks PROCRASTINATOR for the news of this, I've been playing the games for a few days now and I'm loving it.

Why is everyone raving about Daytona though? I know it's never had a really good home conversion, but the game was never that good anyways. Sega Rally is a much better, balanced game and the best game on the emu is Motor Raid - runs fantastic (best of all the games I think), has some great graphics (Akira bikes?), beautiful courses, joy to play ect ect.

About finding the roms: I got most of them from googling the rom name or looking for model 2 roms. It's possible. Think I'm only missing the Super Ski game..

Thanks PROCRASTINATOR for the news of this, I've been playing the games for a few days now and I'm loving it.

Why is everyone raving about Daytona though? I know it's never had a really good home conversion, but the game was never that good anyways. Sega Rally is a much better, balanced game and the best game on the emu is Motor Raid - runs fantastic (best of all the games I think), has some great graphics (Akira bikes?), beautiful courses, joy to play ect ect.

About finding the roms: I got most of them from googling the rom name or looking for model 2 roms. It's possible. Think I'm only missing the Super Ski game..

apparently, and you may be doing this already I guess, but Daytona is really good, IF , you can figure out how to drift.

De gustibus non est disputandum of course. 8) But...

... The first game to come out on this hardware, worth mentioning above and beyond anything else due to the fact that it is the number one grossing game of all time. I have no figures to quote but I do know that in the UK alone it made close to twice the figures the second best selling game did (that honor goes to Time Crisis 2).

Daytona also caused and still causes a problem in the arcade industry, Sega had come up with such a "killer app" that no other game from them or any other company since has matched it in terms of profitability, leading to the phrase heard from most site operators, "It's no Daytona".

source: System 16

Daytona Usa endurance mode on the oval, the japanese (non cce) version on my saturn. There was a way to get an extra difficulty level above hard, finishing that in first place took unblinking concentration and countless hours of practice. And I loved it to death. 8)

Really, I know daytona is hard to get to grips with especially if you're _not_ a casual gamer. You think: this car just skids all over the place, there is no skill involved, too random etc. Watch some laps on youtube and give it more time, you'll find out how much fun there is to be had.

Jeez....these games look so crap after 10 years...but that may just be my Laptop LCD making everything seem so dull and flat. Damn i miss nice big CRT monitors, 3d stuff looks so much better on them.

Still, its amazing to be playing these once mighty state of the art arcade games on a £600 laptop....

its okay to say " play it on a wheel. " -you get that a lot from people on Rllmuk.

but the DC version never even felt like the Arcade version. Which is all i ever wanted.

but now? i'm very happy :unsure:

its quite a pleasure to hear " Time Extension! " in the proper manner.

and also the "wew wew wew" sound effect as the start lights zoom into view.

bloody ace.

There is a hacked dreamcast version with the arcade sound effects patched in.

Edit: Also, I still love the look of the model 2 racers. Graphically more powerful systems' games never seem to convey the vast expanses of asphalt and blistering speed to me the way Daytona and Indy 500 do. When I'm travelling at 320kph and I see cars in front of me crash and flip into the air, I duck!

• 4 weeks later...

Only just heard about this and am having a play around. Is the auto-gears not shifting a bug in Sega Rally then? I can't really play it comfortably with manual gears on an Xbox pad (original with Super Joy Box 10 converter) as it wants a separate button for each gear. I've put them on the d-pad but it's not much fun. I can't get accelerate/brake to be on the triggers either. Urgh.

edit: a reboot has fixed the triggers (which also frees up the face buttons for gears, woo) and I even managed to find Daytona...

• 2 months later...

If some of you is still struggling to get Daytona working on Nebula, Google for 'daytona.zip model 2'. I have read on other forums Daytona for Mame and Nebula differ (not gamewise, just codingwise or something). If you load the Mame one you will get the DOS screen telling you 'missing files'. Big chance you will a find a site with every single Model 2 rom for easy downloading :(

• 4 months later...

Just noticed that version 0.6 is available of the Model 2 Emu. Doesn't really give much information sadly.

So many changes that I can't remember...Lighting fixes, control fixes, sound fixes...

ManxTT is working, but sound is broken.

Merged some features from the cps3 emu (vsync, custom fullscreen res,...)

NOTE: To get past of ManxTT Active Motion Slider screen, enter test mode (F2) and then exit. You'll have to do this every

time yo boot the game. To avoid that, enter test mode and set the cabinet type to Twin. That will disable the drive board check

* Model 2 Emulator v0.6. This package includes both the normal and MultiCPU versions exes.

Guest GaMeNuT

Hello all,

I have the newest version of Model 2 Emulator Version 0.6 and when I try to load Daytona.zip it gives me an error as follows,

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16537.28 Size 2097152 CRC: 36B7C35A

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16536.29 Size 2097152 CRC: 6D6AFED9

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16524.17 Size 2097152 CRC: 34658BD7

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16519.21 Size 2097152 CRC: FACD1C81

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16525.18 Size 2097152 CRC: FB517521

Unable to load. FileName: mpr-16520.22 Size 2097152 CRC: D66BD9BD

There are missing files. Load aborted

Now what gets me is this, When I look at the files inside of daytona.zip those files are NOT missing!!!!! They are there!!!

I created a roms folder inside the Model 2 folder and I even modified the EMULATOR.INI-Notepad to direct M2Emu to my roms folder as follows,

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)

;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms

;(remove the ; form Dir1)

[RomDirs]

Dir1=c:\games\model2\roms

I believe this is correct

It also gives me the same error when I try to load ManxTT Superbike (downloaded for MAME too)as well as Daytona2.zip.

I have even tried this on 2 different operating systems as I am using Vista and XP.

I even tried loading the rom from both Model 2 Emulator EXE's I.E. The multi cpu and single cpu versions and still no luck. :(^_^:(

Please help!!!

I really want to play these games.

Post Edited - Rom Requests Removed. Goose

Just noticed that version 0.6 is available of the Model 2 Emu. Doesn't really give much information sadly.

Bit more information translated from spanish for you.

But I do a summary to you: - solved analogicos Controls (proven with pad of Xbox 360). - Added the game Dynamite Deka 2 (Model 2B) - Added the game ManxTT Superbike - Added the game It dynamites Cop 2 (Model 2C) - Solved bug that showed grafica sweepings the right and under the screen. - Solved bugs of illumination. - bug in the SCSP has been fixed that caused that the Pilot Kids sounded bad. - that has been fixed to a problem towards which some colors were bad (letters of logotipo of Pilot Kids in the title screen) - bug has been solved that affected to the renderizado one in way to complete screen with the filter of tiles activated, causing the disappearance of pixels in some plots (p.e. logo "Rolling Start" in Daytona the USA) - Added the improvements introduced in the CPS3 Emulator (customized V-Sync, Resolutions... etc) As ElSemi must madrugar has been going away to sleep, but it has forgotten to raise its Web the new one to him release... as I have I leave you in completisima of the world-wide world:qmparto exclusive: Disfrutadlo

0h, and as for the config file, i just do it like this:

[RomDirs]

Dir1=C:\m2emulator_06

i just stick the roms in the same directory and leave em zipped up.

remember to remove the " ; " from behind Dir1= too.

Cheers Goaty

Do you 'know' what other games work well on it and what sort of spec PC is needed for making them run half decent?