I've never watched The Wire

Rex Grossman

It's fucking annoying it hasn't - look at Series 5. HBO didn't want to fund 12 or 13 eps so we get 10. It's led to much less well crafted new characters ie. the media!

10 and a half, really. But it's just as good as every other season. Oh man, The Wire.

It's going to be forever lauded as the best TV show ever, isn't it?

"I was there."

Ep. 9:

Oh man. So incredibly good. Oh please let the last episode deliver. Please.

It's such a shame it's ending, but at the same time the quality just has NOT dropped. It's better that way.

So much came together in this epsode that's it's hard to see what the last hour and a half will bring, but oh my can I not wait.

I got a big spoiler for episode 9 up there too, but I think that's the first one I've had in the entire run of the show so I can't really complain.

It's fucking annoying it hasn't - look at Series 5. HBO didn't want to fund 12 or 13 eps so we get 10. It's led to much less well crafted new characters ie. the media!

To be honest I don't really think that's any sort of an excuse. Most of the other characters felt well-crafted even after just a small amount of screen time.

Final episode speculation (I've not seen the teaser)

I think there are two ways it could go. The obvious one is that Kima has ratted to Daniels. McNulty gets sent down by IAD whilst trying to protect the others. Levy uses that facts about the illegal wiretap to get the case thrown out. This seems too obvious though and there have been too many signs over the last few episodes trying to make you think this will happen.

or

Daniels being desperate to become Police commissioner tries to bury Kima's complaint. The Mayor is attempting to become governor and is desperate to reduce perceived crime rates. So he too may try to cover it up.

Either way I think Gus will get fired and Scott will continue to get applauded for his work. This would fit the agenda of this series to be how the truth is concealed.

Ep 9.

Am I the only one that thinks the last episode could be a meeting of minds, the old looking after your friends? I know the relationships have been rocky between them all, but almost every character from the police 'regulars' has been involved in the McNulty/Freamon business. I can see Daniels going out of his way to protect them. Could be intense.

I just hope it doesn't end on a complete bum note is all.

That ride in the truck with Snoop and Michael was intense. I could hear my heart beating when she pulled into the alley.

"How my hair look, Mike?"

"You look good, girl."

The media subplot continues to be completely uninteresting, sadly. I just don't care about some melodramatic tabloid hack being exposed as a liar. It seems so trivial compared with everything else happening.

maybe the media side will have a bigger impact as it all ties up.

I'm guessing so, as

I think that the editor will find out that the homeless killer isn't true and try to use it against Gus.

(EP9ish spoiler)

I watched the first 4 or so episodes. It was mildly entertaining at times but I couldn't get into it.

The amount of acclaim it gets is puzzling.

YES YOU ARE CORRECT AND EVERYONE WHO'S WATCHED 59 EPISODES IS WRONG

I watched the first 4 or so episodes. It was mildly entertaining at times but I couldn't get into it.

stick with it, I was exactly the same. I got to episode 5 and thought it was "ok".

I had the whole first series but i didn't watch it again until 6 months later, when all of a sudden I fell in love with it.

Would you give up on a book after reading a third of it? You've barely scratched it, I promise you.

4 episodes is hardly analogous to a third of a book. It's more like reading the blurb and looking at the picture on the cover.

Edit: Oh, I see, you mean a third of one series. I'm not with it yet. This has been an unnecessary post.

:lol:

Would you give up on a book after reading a third of it? You've barely scratched it, I promise you.

I love The Wire but I don't see why someone should stick with something after trying four episodes. Maybe it's just not for him.