IGNORED

Mortal Kombat II on UK PS3 Store

angel

I bought it on Saturday. I played MK1 loads in the arcades, but picked this up and had completely forgotten all of the moves and fatalities.

I spent an hour getting my arse handed to me by the CPU then turned it off. Pissed off

I had the official guide to this on the SNES/MD, and it was properly hardcore - full of detailed info on which characters had frame advantage and priority on their sweeps, roundhouses and uppercuts, as well as the more mainstream exploits like Scorpion's infinite hit combo.

Definitely the best in the series (though that means nothing when it's such an overall poor series) but it was also a really good game in its own right. Accessible, deep and balanced. And still not as good as Street Fighter II. :lol:

I've just gone to buy this and it appears we can no longer just pay for the cost of the game. I can only put a minimum of a fiver in my wallet. Fuckng bastards.

thats a standard limit on card transactions mate, shops do it

I've just gone to buy this and it appears we can no longer just pay for the cost of the game. I can only put a minimum of a fiver in my wallet. Fuckng bastards.

That's always been the case in the Aussie store. It does mean I'm about 8 bucks in credit, as I've had a little left over from each previous purchase. But I'd rather let is fester in Sony's bank account than waste it on Mortal Kombat...

You can only deposit amounts of £5 or more in your 'wallet' but you only get charged the cost of the game. So you'll have money sitting there doing nothing. Silly really but I guess they wanted to cut down on transaction fees and make you more likely to buy stuff with the leftover money. Like points, then.

You can only deposit amounts of £5 or more in your 'wallet' but you only get charged the cost of the game. So you'll have money sitting there doing nothing. Silly really but I guess they wanted to cut down on transaction fees and make you more likely to buy stuff with the leftover money. Like points, then.

Yeah, it's exactly the same as both 360 and Wii points, it's just people are kicking up a bit of a fuss because it's with real money. They're all forcing you to spend more than you need to.

I wonder what's the legality of forcing you to put a set amount of money in your wallet, instead of simply paying the exact price of the goods. With MS and Nintendo points, they can argue that you're buying the points, which you then exchange for items in their store. So they work in the same way as gift certificates.

But there is no such argument when Sony make you pay more than the item price. While the surplus money can be used at any time on additional items, it's still sat in Sony's bank account accruing interest. Won't this make them fall under financial laws and taxation, as they're holding funds for individuals. I haven't encountered any other online shopping site that works in the same way.

Whats happening to the MK2 discussion :(

Anyway it's standard practice to top up in multiples of 5/10 etc. Phones do it, most 'top up' systems do it. Transactions under a fiver cost the receiver money aswell so they're prohibited in many cases. Can we leave it now?

Ahh, the Store's Terms of Service clarify this:

Wallet funds have no value outside PSN and are not redeemable for cash. Wallet funds can only be used to access content or services from us via PSN. PSN wallet funds are not your personal property and cannot be transferred to any other person. Please understand that the PSN wallet is not a bank account and we are not operating as a bank. If your account is cancelled, you will not be entitled to a refund for any unused funds – please see under Termination/Cancellation below.

Only Master Accounts can have a PSN wallet. The Master Account can allow the Sub Account to use funds out of the Master Account wallet up to a maximum spending limit set by the Master Account. Any spending limit set by the Master Account holder is effective from the beginning of the following month.

Wallet funds must be used within 24 months of purchase.

Sorry angel! Back to MK...

They probably do, thought I'm not sure. IIRC, all vouchers, loyalty points, phone credit have a finite life. Usually 12 or 24 months, depending on the country. It's due to them being classed as assets if held for more than that time frame, so gives the holder a tax and paperwork burden.

The wallet funds are exactly the same as points - just look at them that way. Ignore the pound sign (or whatever currency you may use). MKII costs 1.99 points. Simple.

Played online earlier. I'm far better at MKII than I am at UMK3, which some sods on Live just rippied me apart at. It's the combos that get me. And the cheating twats using Reptile's looping attack thing with his shitarse fireball thing. Gah.