games TM Issue #58 details

Rudderless

Cover: All Sewn Up? "Sony to conquer the online market as PlayStation Network shows exactly what it's made of"

Reviews and scores:

Forza Motorsport 2 - 8

Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - 9

Odin Sphere - 7

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 - 8

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 - 3

Crush - 7

Brothers In Arms DS - 8

Wartech: Senko No Ronde - 8

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - 4

Overlord - 6

SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS - 6

Mortal Kombat Armageddon - 6

Colin McRae: DiRT - 7

SBK-07 Superbike World Championship - 5

(what summer drought? )

Online Round-Up:

Cellfactor Revolution (PC) - 3/5

Calling All Cars (PSN) - 5/5

Final Fight (VC) - 2/5

Gears of War Annex (XBL) - 5/5

Catan (XBL) - 4/5

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (XBL) - 4/5

Features:

The Inconvenient Truth - an examination of the fallout from the Virginia Tech tragedy

LittleBigFeature - Hands-on with LBP and a delve in to the future of PSN

The Surviving Horror - With 3 Resis on the way, a look at where the series is going next

Survival of the Fittest - A genre on the rise again

Next month is apparently a massive GTA IV exclusive.

"Sony to conquer the online market as PlayStation Network shows exactly what it's made of"

WTF i might have to buy this to read what drivel sony have made them write, or is it one of those in a far of furutre sony will have remebered to update the psn in europe with something worth playing stories.

Cover: All Sewn Up? "Sony to conquer the online market as PlayStation Network shows exactly what it's made of"

What a bizarre assumption.

LittleBigFeature - Hands-on with LBP and a delve in to the future of PSN

Now it makes sense. Access = statement on cover.

Doesn't have the same freshness though - technically it's a better game, but it's not got the thrill of the new, and arguably the songs aren't quite as good (though I'd say they're roughly equal in that respect).

I'm playing Ouendan now (having entirely completed EBA) and, although having Japanese music is groovy, it definitely suffers from a lack of unlockables and rumble pak support. I've not found being unable to skip intros / outros annoying yet, but I'm sure it will be on later levels when there's a lot of retrying.

Just ordered Ouendan 2 today so hopefully it's the best of both worlds... Japanese craziness but in a better rounded game.

I'm playing Ouendan now (having entirely completed EBA) and, although having Japanese music is groovy, it definitely suffers from a lack of unlockables and rumble pak support. I've not found being unable to skip intros / outros annoying yet, but I'm sure it will be on later levels when there's a lot of retrying.

Just ordered Ouendan 2 today so hopefully it's the best of both worlds... Japanese craziness but in a better rounded game.

Yeah, if you didn't play Ouendan first then you'll miss some of EBA's refinements, but if you did then 2's not going to seem such a significant step forward. It's a very good sequel - excellent, even - but a slight refinement of the template doesn't warrant an extra mark.

(Having said that, I'd have given the original a 9.) :lol:

"Sony to conquer the online market..."

That bit's not a question.

The feature's not what you'd think - it's just about the potential it has.

To be honest, I don't think it's intended as a statement of fact, as proven by the question mark after 'all sewn up?'

To be honest, I don't think it's intended as a statement of fact, as proven by the question mark after 'all sewn up?'

The "Sony to conquer" bit is the byline answering its own question. It's a pretty strong statement, not backed up by very much. There would have been plenty of other ways to word it which would have ensured it remained a question up in the air. The "conquer" sentence is a conclusion.

The "Sony to conquer" bit is the byline answering its own question. It's a pretty strong statement, not backed up by very much. There would have been plenty of other ways to word it which would have ensured it remained a question up in the air. The "conquer" sentence is a conclusion.

Are they not allowed to have an opinion?