IGNORED

Flight of the Conchords

pledge

Been watching this via the magic of the internet, I quite like it. Got their EP while in American which is pretty good. First few episodes are the best, quality certainly dips mid-series but still worth watching.

Certainly better than the other comedies shown on the BBC such as Grown Ups.

Yeah season one has finished now. They exhausted their material from the radio show. Incidentally the advert joke for it on bbc4 is near identical to that shown on HBO, they just refilmed it. They seem terribly lazy. Hopefully the break will give them time to come up with some great new songs for the next season.

It does get a bit shit from episode 6 onwards. It's depressing. Should have had a 6 episode series.

I think this is a bit harsh. Admittedly the quality drops a little, especially with the songs. However I'd grown to like the characters by then and there was enough there to keep me watching and laughing. I felt sorry for Murray later on though.

Sometimes I think these shows are caught on the hop a bit with the way US stations commision their shows. They probably thought themselves it wouldn't go beyond six episode hence a lot of rehashing of stories from the radio series later on.

I'm really looking forward to season 2.

I really liked the first episode. I was a little unsure about the show at first (I thought all the trailers had been rubbish and I'm not a big fan of musical comedy) but this had bags of charm and some great jokes. It also has Rhys Darby in it and I normally love his standup and he was great in this too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched the last two episodes of this on BBC4 (and a number of youtube clips), and am liking it a lot - the two guys are very likable, in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of way.

Actually, the shows remind me of the Tenacious D HBO series (minus the shouting and swearing).

Hiphoppotamous and Rhymenocerous are possibly the best rap names I've ever heard :wub: Also, I like the fact that the TV show version and the live version of the songs are quite different, too.

I like how the songs seem to show a genuine affection for the musical styles they're lampooning. Like this one brilliantly lampooning Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On", down to them having the collars of their coats pulled up. Lovely. I'm trying not to gorge myself too much on youtube.

• 3 weeks later...

Only just seen a few episodes of this, a friend brought the DVD over this weekend. I loved it. Three episodes in and I'm hooked. Shame to hear about the drop off after the first 6 episodes but like someone else posted, I think I like the characters enough that it should still be entertaining.

The manager steals it for me. Am I the only one who can't stop thinking 'Derren Brown' when I see him? I was this weekend...