Metal Slug Anthology and King of Fighters games get budget price

Rev

http://neverthefirst.com/?p=131

Good news for fans of either King of Fighters or Metal Slug as the PS2 is about to receive releases in both series. The even better news is that they are going to be released at budget prices too. Straight from the horses mouth (the PR bloke) and before online stores have realised the price changes, King of Fighters X1 and Metal Slug Anthology will be £14.99 while King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 will be £19.99. And all three will be released on 6th July.

All 3 have just landed on my doormat. Expect impressions "soon".

You see I thought that, but the PR bloke has refered to it as X1 in every email, so I went with that...

Wrong, judging by their site. I shall have words with him*.

*Say nothing but edit stuff anyway.

Is the Wii version published by someone else then? No chance of a price cut I take it.

At the risk of boring everyone again, you don't want the Wii version. It uses gesture controls, or, on a GC pad, only the analogue stick.

I paid £15 each for Metal Slugs 3 and 4 on Xbox. This anthology irritates me.

Why? It's still a bargain price for just the other 5.

Looks like we've got a wiseguy. Guards! Take this mouthy intruder, and throw him into the bile-pits of Arcturus 8. We'll see how many wisecracks he comes up with when the gut-squids are eating his legs.

To be honest, I think the series declined after Metal Slug X. Metal Slug 1 & 2 are stone-cold classics though, and none of the other games are actually bad, they're just not as good as the originals. They're bastard-hard and properly old-school, but that's not such a bad thing.

I'm interested in this.

Actually, I'm stoked! It might save me from Pokemon Diamond.

EDIT: Metal slug 3 was also pretty darn-tootin' good too.

But yeah, 4 onwards were a bit of a letdown, like a child with obvious talent who refuses to turn up to school and wastes it's time sniffing Tipp Ex behind the bike sheds when I was 12.

Yeah ...