IGNORED

Tennis

Miner Willy

I'm not sure how easy it is to do these days, but a few years back coming along for a handed-back grounds pass in the second week was a great move. On a nice evening you could get in the grounds for next to nothing and see a few hours' quality tennis - mostly doubles, and often vets or juniors, but quality still exceptional and very much worth it.

I got my tickets from ticketmaster the day before. Just keep refreshing the page at 9am and hope for the best! I'd been trying for a few days with no luck but made it through on Friday. Maybe I got lucky because it was my birthday...

Otherwise just turn up to the queue pretty early and you'll get in to the grounds, which is still definitely worth it.

How much did you pay ?

No queue with tickets. You get to walk past all those queuing with an overwhelming sense of smugness.

Grounds pass courts (all except Centre, 1 & 2) start at 11.30, so check the order of play this evening and head for whichever takes your fancy. The more popular ones will fill up v quickly, so if there's one you particularly want then aim to get to the gates for 10.30 and head straight there to grab a seat.

Lisicki v Serena has been excellent so far. I find the women's game interminably boring most of the time, as Williams blasts yet another no-hoper off the court, but this is great stuff so far & it would be fantastic if they can keep it up.

Edit: I spoke too soon, it seems.

I think I'm officially giving up on Berdych. So many opportunities and he fails to even take a set. I'd also like to see him a little more disappointed than he appears to be right now: he had a real shot there, and coming off in straight sets just isn't good enough for such a strong player.

First Second set dropped for Murray, then. I'm not too concerned, I think he will win in 4 5

I fear it may all be in vain though. I simply cannot see him beating Djokovic should he reach the final, much as I would love to see Murray win it.

EDIT: Live updates...

His forehand is like a fucking cannon. Murray really needs to get on top of it and start exposing the Verdasco backhand if he wants to win this.

Still it should not be like this, Murray is lookig realyl flat - Its number 2 in the world vs number 59.