rllmuk
Parappa

Wipeout HD

We need more WipEout merchandise to be released also. My AG t shirt n' bobble hat from '95 are not going to cut it down the disco any more.

Tis a pity that Tim Wright's music isn't to be included in the HD version but maybe things have to move on I suppose......

Before Pure every Wipeout had eight tracks. And they all managed to suck hours out of any respectable racing fan's time.

For a game that's meant to be a compendium, 8 tracks is hardly justice to all the great tracks in the series.

For a game that's meant to be a compendium, 8 tracks is hardly justice to all the great tracks in the series.

I have mixed feeling about this. On one hand part of me would love to see more tracks, but another part of me prefers fewer tracks and learning to master them.

The cynical part of thinks we can expect downloadable content with extra tracks for few bucks more.

Hawkeye, isn't that the best of both worlds? You get to master the tracks (along with everyone else) and race online, then when you just want a fresh tasty experience, DLC-town.

The cynical part of thinks we can expect downloadable content with extra tracks for few bucks more.

That's what I was talking about when I mentioned cynical. It's obvious there will be downloadable content, and it won't be free.

I would expect free content as well, and there also seem to be quite a lot of people on these forums that have played the game (im assuming most of you from Liverrpool Studio). Fancy giving us a 'yes' to 'future content?'

Also, is there a big fella working there called Carl Mcsomething? :D

They did free content for Pure on the PSP though, right? Loads of it. So maybe maybe?

The content for Pulse isn't free, even though they said it would be.

The music they have got in for this is really appropriate - i just think you old school fans of the series will really appreciate what the team at Liverpool have done. I've had the pleasure of playing it on a 13Ft screen in full HD - i love it

this is the game to make me plug my ps3 back in and stop me playing pulse

I thought it was just the original, in HD (although it's obviously a lot more than just a higher resolution judging from that trailer).

Ultimately it depends how much they're asking for it.

Does look awesome though.

The trailer just says '2008', though I think Sony has it as Apr-Jun '08.

I doubt you'll get much fun out of the original game now, it's very unforgiving. I'm going to try and get hold of WipEout 3 Special Edition.

Anyone know the tune in the trailer?

That's exactly what I was going to ask!! ;)

SO?! ANYONE KNOW?!

:lol:

It's one of the tracks from Pulse isn't it? Kraftwerk are on the list for this new HD version, so I'm assuming all the music will be from Pure/Pulse (as Kraftwerk were featured in Pulse).

That's exactly what I was going to ask!! ;)

Kraftwerk - Aerodynamik (Etienne de Crecy mix)

:lol:

From the album Tour De France (though I don't think that mix is on there)

Kraftwerk - Aerodynamik (Etienne de Crecy mix)

;)

From the album Tour De France (though I don't think that mix is on there)

Aerodynamik is from the album Tour de France Soundtracks. The Etienne de Crecy mix sounds nothing like the original version, alas...

I'm going to try and get hold of WipEout 3 Special Edition.

;)

*hugs copy*

S'funny, I put it on the other day to see what it looked like on my PS3. "Hmmm, it's a bit blocky" I thought to myself, "I wonder if it still plays as well as I remember?"

3 hours later...

Ultimately it depends how much they're asking for it.

I don't think it will be any more than £20 and that's just fine for a next-gen Wipeout!

Really can't wait for this.

I'm going to try and get hold of WipEout 3 Special Edition.

Yes, make sure you get the special edition as the original version does not work on the PS3, it hangs after passing the starting line on every race.

I'd recommend this, it has the special edition and Destruction Derby 2 on one CD and it is reported by a number of sources as working on PS3.