Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

northy

I beat this boss just last week, took me about 5 attempts though. In the fourth room when you have to bomb all three slots in one go, make sure you do them in this order: middle, top, bottom NOT bottom, middle, top. It's much easier. And don't foget that you can repeatedly bomb the boss when it is the green phase to keep it green for longer.

Good luck!

Cheers for that, completed it first time with well over half my energy left.

One fringe benefit of getting delayed was that I remembered to scan the boss before going into the boss fight, something that I totally missed before I had a look on GameFAQs.

Do you get a scan % for scanning weapons left behind by bosses? It doesn't show up as a new entry so I suppose not.

I've battled my way through to the main boss in Sanctuary Fortress. The design of the spider ball tracks in this level have been really excellent at times. All the boosting and bombing between different platform should really be a total pain in the arse, but the camera and controls make it an absolute joy.

I'm pleased to see that Retro have also spent a good amount of time making interesting areas / puzzles for even the missile expansions. Getting 100% items definitely isn't going to be a chore.

If you liked Metroid Prime 1 it's absolutely worth perservering with Echoes because once you get the dark suit (which removes the hassles of energy draining) it's basically more of the same with some groovy new equipment to keep it fresh.

I'm probably gonna play this again next year. I haven't played it since when it was released, but on the whole I preferred it to the first. And I remember being stunned when I got the Light suit - it looked amazing.

I cheated and used GameFAQ for the scavenger hunt section as there was no way on earth I could find all of those hidden cloaked orbs.

I found one by mistake and was bemused that I couldn't get into the Sanctuary Fortress boss.

I'm searching for these 9 Sky Temple keys now and have visited the place where you're supposed to take them to. Do you ever get a map prompt to help locate them or are you on your own?

I'm quite enjoying looking for hidden upgrades now that I have all the skills, so I'm sure I'll stumble across a few more keys as I do.

i enjoyed this game as more of an extension to MP than as a game in its own right.

i have said it before on here that the enemies and weapons are just rehashes from mp. the 2 legged buggers from torvus bog are the same 2 legged creatures from phendrana drifts, big space pirates = ingsmashers etc etc . mp plasma = mp2 light beam, mp ice = mp2 dark, mp electric = mp2 annihilator.

but for me, more of the same wasnt a badthing as i really did enjoy MP.

my favourite boss was the big fuck of robot in sanctuary fortress, what i liked was the fact that going through the light world you could see the components, you knew it would be big, you knew waht to expect, but it didnt stop it from coming, the fact that i finished the fight with all my containers used and only 30 health slowly ticking away, when i got to the bubble of light i had 7 health left. thats what i enjoyed most, and i find most boss battles miss this aspect, is that i barely came out of it alive

God fucking dammit. Whose stupid idea was it

to stick the Emperor and Dark Samus back to back with no save point? It's not even as if there's an extra challenge in it - you get your health replenished after kicking the Ing's ass. Now I've died on Samus and I've to replay a good chunk just to get back to where I was? Fucking twatholes.

Finished this the other night. Having got 100% items and 90-odd% scans, I can safely say I'll never be playing this game again!

If you die between the last two bosses you restart before the 2nd one, which is better than nothing.

to stick the Emperor and Dark Samus back to back with no save point? It's not even as if there's an extra challenge in it - you get your health replenished after kicking the Ing's ass. Now I've died on Samus and I've to replay a good chunk just to get back to where I was? Fucking twatholes.

im pretty sure you can save after the emperor

I just don't want to search for those damn Keys. Searching the whole world of Prime was fun, but this... I still don't know what to think about it: it can look stunning sometimes, the art direction is brilliant. But it can be so boring to play from time to time...

Do 2 at a time and save man. You'll feel better if you finish it.

Collecting the keys is also the perfect time to do a 100% item run. That's what I did anyway with a fair bit of help from gamefaqs. You feel like a right hard bastard once you've collected all the expansions and weapon combos, especially since the Light Suit means you take no damage in the dark world.

It was such a relief to finally get this finished. The difference in tension (both from atmosphere and difficulty) between playing MP2 and replaying Zelda:WW is unbelievable.

I'm also hoping to finish MGS: Twin Snakes and Battalion Wars before I get back to the UK and finally buy my Wii, so watch out for a potential MGS thread soon when I freak out in the first hangar!

.::: If you die at the latter you start at the point where you defeated the former.

Shouldn't have hit Reset, eh?

.::: If you die at the latter you start at the point where you defeated the former.

Shouldn't have hit Reset, eh?

In theory, but I had other plans. Either I finished the game, or I was going to reset. There was no time for a second chance.

Still, it does make things better for my next attempt.

Job done. Took me a while to work out exactly what to do, but you only need to do it once before you can hear the voice of victory cackling in your head, cheering you on to surefire success.

Which I managed with just 40 units of health remaining. Double win!

Hmm...I've managed to get to the end of the first Prime today, which is quite an achievement as I'm usually rubbish at these sort of games. Huzzah!

Except not, because the final boss is a complete twat. Is there a way to kill the Fission Metroids he spawns near the end without them splitting in two?

Hmm...I've managed to get to the end of the first Prime today, which is quite an achievement as I'm usually rubbish at these sort of games. Huzzah!

Except not, because the final boss is a complete twat. Is there a way to kill the Fission Metroids he spawns near the end without them splitting in two?

Power Bombs work for that I think. The Phazon beam should work as well.

On my first play through when it came out I gave up trying to climb to the top of that cavern because of those bloody Fission Metroids (was on 100% items and on for 100% scans). Then I lost my savefile. :P

Started again last week in preparation for corruption. Currently up to 90% items and just about to fight Omega Pirate ;). God, this game is hard work sometimes.

On my first play through when it came out I gave up trying to climb to the top of that cavern because of those bloody Fission Metroids (was on 100% items and on for 100% scans). Then I lost my savefile. :P

That bit was so frustrating, but I finished him! And got the worst ending!

The completist in me is calling me back. I don't think I'll get anywhere near Echoes by the time Corruption comes out.

I'm joining in the Echoes 2 club tonight, never played it before (I did complete Prime) and havent seen/read much about it either so it'll all be new.

Just make sure and finish it in one go. The worst part for me was replaying the first third of the game because I'd totally forgotten what I'd done and where I was supposed to be going. If you can will yourself past the 5 or so major difficulty spikes then the rest is really enjoyable and complements the experience of MP1.

Right, so I had to resort to GameFAQs to progress through the underground hydrochamber, and I'm now up against

Chykka. I can get her to the second form but then can't lock on to the glowing spots on the wings with the Seeker Missiles like it tells me to. What am I doing wrong?

I hope Retro realise what made the first game special, this one is worse in every way.