Consolevania / videoGaiden

100%. This one was in a fucking league all on its own. Come back from a week in the sun, all miserable about all the shit I've got to do this week, and I sit down to this with chips'n'cheese and a beer. My mood couldn't be better.

Nice to see you listened to be about those the ugly purple title screens, and all. This ep looked swish.

Oh jesus look I'm posting again with the pros and cons. I can't not.

EPIC WIN:

-Halo. Best CV moment yet.

-Chocolate Rain (which I presume is non-ironic. Tay deserves his credit, all)

-Two PS2 reviews, one for sport, one of import. Good to see the review picks are just picks, and not the big games.

-The Armoured Core intro pun. Cheap sucker punch. I love a good pun.

-Ziggy's bit. Nice to know you can criticise the way the industry's going without being a whingey preachy bastard, like I am all the time.

-"Armood Core"

-I sincerely hope that the review round-ups are going to be in a different musical style every episode. Can we do post-rock next, lads? Ryan all staring at his shoes, triggering Mogwai samples, while Rab intones lines from the Mario Strikers Charged manual through an echo filter?

MILD FAIL:

-Still can't get into the Frightful Memories. Am I missing something?

-I thought from 3.1 that we'd se a bit more of the towers. Like there'd be more of a story? Is this a stupid criticism to make of a videogame review show? Is there something I don't understand about that mad puppet bastard?

Can everyone stop complaining about Edith & Rosemary please, because it's far and away my favourite bit.

I like it too, reminds me of The Shining. Come play with us Danny, forever and ever and ever!

Frightful memories is pretty good- just look at their mad staring eyes..

I cracked up at their parting cries of "Goodbye! Bye! Save us! Goodbye! Save us! Bye!"

I think the segment works in an errie humor way. Any excuse to make fun of very unscary 'scary' games (a bit like Warnings From History)

Can anyone spoler what the subliminal flashes said ?

I just couldnt get the timing to pause it and read.

The PS3 will get you laid that's a guarantee. I'm talking guaranteed pussy, boys. If you buy a PS3 and don't instantly get laid then I will personally take you to a London VIP club and pay for a dancing girl to rub her fanny in your face. GUARANTEED. *

* Not a guarantee **

** I'm not evil

The PS3 will get you laid that's a guarantee. I'm talking guaranteed pussy, boys. If you buy a PS3 and don't instantly get laid then I will personally take you to a London VIP club and pay for a dancing girl to rub her fanny in your face. GUARANTEED. *

* Not a guarantee **

** I'm not evil

That's top quality hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...