Left Field Gaming Ideas & Concepts

Scorpio

Mini-game

One Mini-game game. Just one game. What is it? You don't know until you buy the game. A bit like those football cards, or those toys you get from Japan where you can have a random one in.

Available game types

Face Lick

Jump Arm

Eat - Bee's Knee

Eat - Funny Bone

Eat - Kilt

Fancy Dan Dancer

Quilt Face Touching

Oh My! Ants!

What was that you f*cking bitch?!

Get the mouthwash out of your eyes

SPOILERS

Car Parking

Wall Fall (Suicide)

Mini-game

One Mini-game game. Just one game. What is it? You don't know until you buy the game. A bit like those football cards, or those toys you get from Japan where you can have a random one in.

Available game types

Face Lick

Jump Arm

Eat - Bee's Knee

Eat - Funny Bone

Eat - Kilt

Fancy Dan Dancer

Quilt Face Touching

Oh My! Ants!

What was that you f*cking bitch?!

Get the mouthwash out of your eyes

SPOILERS

Car Parking

Wall Fall (Suicide)

Ever get the feeling that some people are too good for this forum? :(

Cheryl Tweedy's Pub Toilet Fighter.

Train up a budding fuckwit in out of town bars to be able to fight in pub toilets. I see some kind of career progression thing working here, starting in sleepy country pubs, smashing old people's faces in to sinks, before moving onwards and upwards, your ultimate goal being the provincial town nightclub. Of course, you can use everything on hand to destroy your opponents; slam heads in cubicle doors, take the fight out to the bar and utilise glasses, pool cues, darts. This is Pub Toilet Fighter and you can do anything.

I reckon some sort of vague RPG'ish "mix your drinks" super-powers could be involved too.

I skimmed this earlier without realising its genius, and not remembering you telling me about when you were in the Scarby club. Now it clicks and I lol'd.

FUN da Mentalist

A new Wii game where you get to taunt various religious fundamentalists in a kind of virtual Buckaroo. How much scientific evidence or freedom of speech can you hang on them before they EXPLODE!!!

How many virtual dinosaur bones, tomes by Darwin and Dawkins or foetuses can you balance on the CRAZY Christian fundamentalist? How many 'offensive' comics can you stack on the INSANE Muslim fundamentalist before he issues a fatwah?

It's balls-out FUN for all the family*. Only on Wii this Christm... erm holiday season.

*May contain offensive content for some.

The console game: Load up a game into memory and then play a simon says game telling you to do different things to the console - eject/load the disk 10 times as quickly as you can, press the wireless sync button to the beat of "another one bites the dust" etc

Also features a multiplayer game where you all have to unplug the controller then plug it in as quickly as you can (you physically fight eachother to do this)

Tom Clancy's Pre-Op Center - The Game

Exciting mission-based action involving pro-op transexuals trained to kill. Featuring the voice of Michael Ironside pitched up a bit. You get the best of both worlds: head-says-no-balls-say-go visuals combined with peculiarly stong for a woman combat. No.1 selling game in Thailand. Optimised for the Wii.

Not strictly left-field, but there you go.

Minigame Madness

Because there aren't enough minigames out there. Why play one minigame when you can play 25! The screen is divided into 25 zones each playing a different minigame. Use your Wii controller and a fair does of manic energy to play all 25 games at once.

Taste The Difference

Quick-fire consumer fun involving picking the higher-quality own-brand product displayed on the screen with inferior products. Use your Wii Remote to select the allegedly 'luxury' products and increase your taste!

How Old Is Your Cock?

Nintendo Ds is the place to test your sexual age in this highly-stimulating game. Utilise the power of touch ... touchscreen that is. Take part in a selection of exercises guarenteed to keep you in sexual shape, including Rate My MILF, Beats Per Minute and Happy Finish. Part of the Touch Generations range. (er maybe we'll need to revise that one).

Revenge of Gaia

A God game that requires you destroying every inch of human civilisation and return it to nature once they've moved on by using nature, building in scale throughout. Start by destroying a single house, blow tiles off the roof by using winds, make it rain to rot the beams inside and use a heavy snowfall to collapse the roof; end by destroying whole cities with floods, quakes, hurricanes and lightning fires and judicious use of time. Obviously requires some form of resource management for the powers.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

play the role of a recently released basket case from a high-security psychiatric unit. granted, it's a free-roaming third person effort. but tasks include standing on street corners and shouting at imaginary flamingos to 'stop eating your Bran Flakes', joining the army (again), being a drug mule for your mate 'Castro', trying to fucking sit still for five minutes, and seeing how long you can go on public transport without getting your cock out and whizzing on the elderly.

minigames include:

Home Dentistry - unknown forces are beaming 'instructions' into your head through the fillings in your teeth. how long will it take you to bash them all out with a hammer?

Push, Trip, Kill - take a trip on the underground and see how many random bystanders you can kill in a set time. bonus points for religious types, goths and those braying cunts with bog-brush hair, tracksuit bottoms and stripey polo shirts.

Devolution

Starting out as a race of all powerful beings, you have to de-evolve into plankton.

Features:

Powers being taken away from you

Your civilization crumbling

Becoming weaker and smaller

End up as nothing

Office Worker:

You start off as a warehouse assistant and have to work your way up to boss. You can get there however you choose: murder, fraud, etc. Hack into emails and push people out of upper storey windows while no-one is looking. Whole game set in one building. Not really that leftfield - it sounds a bit like Schooldaze. Why hasn't anybody made it already?

Earlobe Coconut Shy - MANAGER

Running an Earlobe Coconut Shy is not all fun and games, oh no! Let me tell you my son!

Keeping the Earwig workers happy is one thing, but making a living from it?! You only end up with passing trade from ticks, lice, and tiny badgers. It's a hell of a way to get by but it's my life now.

Imagine running out of Coconuts mid summer though? Having to send a runner down to the Pubial forest is both time consuming and hazardous for the poor chap. I've lost at least 5 Earwig youngsters from that. Mind you, they're ten a penny anyway, and everyone hates them. Slave labour ftw!

Of course fights can break out too. Some Coconuts are actually rolled up woodlice. We paint em up a bit. Saves cash. But occasionally they stick themselves down...a bit TOO much. We've had lice and ticks going mental over this. The only way to stop them is to release the moths.

StarHoles

currently scheduled for an Xbox Live release, this is a modern take on the old sliding-block puzzle games.

faced with a strict time limit, you have to arrange the jumbled tiles and recreate the image of a number of female celebs fannies. these are none of your run-of-the-mill pap upskirt shots. oh no. specially commisioned and photographed by a number of famous photographers such as Albert Watson and Rankin, you too can piece together the pink flaps of such celebrities as Jennifer Lopez, Sandra Bullock, and Kathy Lee Gifford.

Face me

A 2-4 player marathon where you have to turn to face the other player/s. BUT you cant be the first to face them, or the last. Who's going to guess how to get it right first?

I'm Miserable. Cut Me!

yet another Wii 10-minute timewaster.

using a cannibalised version of the Mii creation toolset, you play the part of a miserable, grumbling goth doombrain holed up in their room listening to Spaceman3 and the Birthday Party while scribbling mad poetry about how everyone in the world are insects and that you, and only you, understand how everything 'works'.

holding the Wii controller like a rusty razor-blade, you proceed to cut shapes and letterforms into your virtual forearm(s) with bonus points awarded for style and creativity.

but watch out for those veins, or it's game over!

No Seriously I Swear

Wander from pub to pub in London, telling strangers stuff about personal achievements involving celebrities that you just made up, like that time you met Jeremy Clarkson and told him his breath was garlicky, or that time you took cocaine with Ant and Dec. Higher scores for the more outlandish tales, such as "Prince Charles sends me free Duchy Originals biscuits every month. Because I'm Welsh".

Bonus stages include pretending to be Irish to get free drinks in Irish pubs from other people pretending to be Irish, and getting into West End clubs by asking the bouncers "Do you know Zippy? You must know Zippy! My God, I can't believe you don't know Zippy. Go and ask your boss where Zippy is, go on." You progress by being seen by photographers standing next to Big Brother housemates, Bid-Up TV presenters, and Britains Next Top Models, then ringing up Max Clifford the next day and claiming you shagged them silly.

You win the game when the front page of The Sun is a picture of you giving a thumbs up, while powerfully ejaculating over Paris Hilton's gleeful face.

An RPG without saving. I wrote an article on this, it's quite feasible and quite fun. It relies on you remembering key bits of info.

Found here, unzip and read the PDF:

http://www.gamersquarter.com/issues/TheGamersQuarter3.zip

and...

A wholly randomly generated RPG which, instead of text, has art symbols to represent dialogue, and has a persistent constantly changing and adapting gameworld. You basically start the game, and have 60 in-game years (one years maybe equalling 15 real world minutes) to do what you want until you die of old age (unless you die earlier due to something you've done). The key to this working would be scale. There'd be an NPC cap, a small gameworld where each geographical region has a relationship with its neighbours. Basically, a mini-ecosystem, with visual symbols for dialogue (imagine the insane stories which could be randomly generated!).