IGNORED

Boredoms play with 77 drummers.

scribble

Holy Shit.

Like this:

32911.x-news-77boadrum-sm.jpg

The three Boredoms drummers, plus 74 others:

Drum leaders:

01 Hisham Bharoocha (Soft Circle / Pixeltan)

02 Tim Dewit (Gang Gang Dance)

03 Brian Chippendale (Lightning Bolt)

04 Dave Nuss (No Neck Blues Band / Under Satans Sun)

05 Jaiko Suzuki (Electro Putas)

06 Jesse Lee (White Magic)

07 Ryan Sawyer (Tall Firs / Stars Like Fleas)

08 Kid Millions (Oneida)

09 Andy McLeod (Howling Hex / Modest Mouse)

10 Aaron Moore

11 Robin Easton

Other drummers:

12 Sara Lund (Unwound)

13 Jim Black

14 Andrew W.K.

15 Butchy Fuego (Pit Er Pat)

16 Miggie (Blood on the Wall)

17 Brian Tamborello (Psychic Ills)

18 Andee Connors (A Minor Forest / Lumen)

19 John Moloney (Sunburned Hand of the Man)

20 Taylor Richardson (Sunburned Hand of the Man)

21 Chris Millstein

22 Abby Portner (First Nation)

23 Aviram Cohen (Soiled Mattress and the Springs)

24 Allison Busch (Awesome Color)

25 Warren Huegel (Tussle)

26 Nathan Corbin (Excepter)

27 Clare Amory

28 Jonathan Lockie (Sightings)

29 Josh Bonati (Aa)

30 Nadav Havusha (Aa)

31 Aron Wahl (Aa)

32 Jeffrey Salane (Panthers)

33 Jim Sykes

34 David Aron (Koi Pond)

35 Michael Catano

36 Spencer Herbst (Matta Lama)

37 Jim Siegel (Cul De Sac and Damo Suzuki)

38 Mike Pride (MDC, FUSHITSUSHA, John Zorn, Otomo Yoshihide)

39 Nick DeCarmine

40 Marianne Kozlowski (The Punks)

41 Than Luu (M. Ward)

42 Dave Bergander (Celebration)

43 Michael Evans (God Is My Co-Pilot)

44 Andrya Ambro

45 Justin DeRosa

46 Hart Mingus (Negative Approach)

47 Matthias Schulz (Enon / Holy Fuck)

48 Josh Madell (Antietam, Other Music)

49 Matt (No Neck Blues Band)

50 Jim Abramson (Dymaxion)

51 Oran Canfield (Child Abuse)

52 Adriana Magaña (Crash Worship)

53 Keith Connolly (No Neck Blues Band)

54 Travis Harrison

55 Jared Barron

56 Jason Kourkounis (Delta 72 / Hot Snakes)

57 Eric Cohen (Caroliner)

58 Daniel Franz (Arbouretum)

59 Christopher Brokaw (Codeine)

60 Jared Burak (Wet Cement)

61 Christopher Powell (Icy Demons / Man Man)

62 Sadie Laska (I.U.D.)

63 Pete Vogl (Koi Pond)

64 Barbara Schauwecker

65 AJ Edminson (Favourite Sons)

66 David Grubbs

67 John McSwain (VICE)

68 Dave Abramson (Climax Golden Twins)

69 Alan Licht

70 Rick Prior

71 Kayrock

72 Dave LeBleu (Prefuse 73 / Mercury Program)

73 Lizzy Bougatsos (Gang Gang Dance)

74 Alianna Kalaba (We Ragazzi)

Apparently its at Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park, and, of course, on the 7/7/2007. Check out the fucking drummers they've got involved though.. there had better be some sort of dvd of this.

I saw the Vooredoms in Glasgow a few years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed the three drummer ensemble. I can imagine 77 drummers sounding amazing live, but recorded? A nightmare to mix. God knows how they orchestrate it. God knows how they even manage a practice session... logistically insane.

Can't say i'm familiar with any of those drummers other than Dave LeBleu, but then I don't pay much attention to the names of people.

I only know a few of them, I haven't heard of half the bands on there either so I assume a lot of them must be bands that are local to the area and not particularly big. The places were taken up really quickly after they asked for people to apply, the email address was removed after a couple of hours.

I'd have applied if I lived in America, never played drums in my life but it's not like anyone's going to notice one shit person with 77 going at it.

Edit: By the way, there's a UK tour coming which I'm ecstatic about after them lying dormant for quite a while there, it was starting to get a bit worrying.

10-22 Manchester, England - Academy

10-13 Glasgow, Scotland - Arches

10-24 Aberdeen, England - Moshulu

10-26 London, England - The Wire/Electra Festival

10-28 Dublin, Ireland - Deaf Festival

10-30 Cardiff, Wales - The Point

Probably Manchester for me.

I'd have thought you'd need proof of some credentials to join, and there's got to be some sort of arrangement going on, otherwise it'd just sound like a complete shambles. Who knows...

I actually thought the Boredoms included guitarists, and that set up been canned and replaced with the Vooredoms (just drummers and eYe).

I only know a few of them, I haven't heard of half the bands on there either so I assume a lot of them must be bands that are local to the area and not particularly big. The places were taken up really quickly after they asked for people to apply, the email address was removed after a couple of hours.

I'd have applied if I lived in America, never played drums in my life but it's not like anyone's going to notice one shit person with 77 going at it.

Edit: By the way, there's a UK tour coming which I'm ecstatic about after them lying dormant for quite a while there, it was starting to get a bit worrying.

10-22 Manchester, England - Academy

10-13 Glasgow, Scotland - Arches

10-24 Aberdeen, England - Moshulu

10-26 London, England - The Wire/Electra Festival

10-28 Dublin, Ireland - Deaf Festival

10-30 Cardiff, Wales - The Point

Probably Manchester for me.

when did aberdeen get invaded by the english?

when did aberdeen get invaded by the english?

Well, I haven't noticed.

There seems to be a lot of those guys I know, though.. certainly the Sunburned Hand of the Man, Lightning Bolt, the Damo Suzuki and Gang Gang Dance guys are quite big names.

I'd have thought you'd need proof of some credentials to join, and there's got to be some sort of arrangement going on, otherwise it'd just sound like a complete shambles. Who knows...

I'd be interested to see if they've got anything arranged too, as awesome a sight and sound 77 drummers would be it'd get tired pretty quick if they're all doing their own thing. Similar events I've heard using a fuckton of guitars have sounded great though, and sound suprisingly good on record.

Yeah, there's some great drummers in there and I guess the standard probably is quite high since some of them that I know to be good are in the 'bottom rank'. Dunno about Andrew WK though, could be a good drummer for all I know and I'm sure he'll match any of them for enthusiasm.

Yeah, there's some great drummers in there and I guess the standard probably is quite high since some of them that I know to be good are in the 'bottom rank'. Dunno about Andrew WK though, could be a good drummer for all I know and I'm sure he'll match any of them for enthusiasm.

I'm pretty sure he's a "one man band" in the studio, so must at least be competent.

I can't fucking believe I'm not going to be here when they play.

There a band I never thought I'd manage to see; kinda like Boris. For me to be missing out is just heart breaking. So gutted.

I'm looking forward to watching these videos; I'll probably be weeping as I do.

Just got my hands on Super Roots 9 which came out a couple of months ago, and is the first Boredoms live album. Absolutely gorgeous it is too.

Really? I'll have to check that out. Right now I'm bustin' out some Cory & the Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action or Gas Satori!

Fucking weird how a bloke from a pretty obscure 80s noise band gets known outside Japan with his other band.

FUCKING WEIRD THAT!

It'd be weird if he hadn't been doing loads of stuff since the '80s, building a large fanbase throughout the world, yeah.