Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

Took my sisters copy + wii round and set up for her - she loves it esp the jogging !

Seemed to be sold out everywhere i looked in Norwich, most shops had signs on the frount door stating this - i could pre-order gta4 still tho :)

Wiiworths was pretty impresive !

DSC00430.jpg

Same down here - I saw loads of people walking around with it tucked under their arms.

Also, went for a drink with the girlfriend and her work mates after work and they were all talking about it. One, a 40 year old woman, was buying a Wii and Wii Fit the next day.

I was quite surprised that they all knew it existed.

You mean apart from the fact it's been in every womans "Get A Life" type magazine for the last 2 months.

Managed to knock 10 years off my age (-1 now). It is still a shame it only relies on balance to calculate it though.

Anybody done advanced step yet? I don't get how to do the kick at all. I'm also finding jogging on the spot really hard. No matter how fast I try and go it seems to be going really slowly.

I can see the ski jump being popular in my household. I've got 347m so far but I'm sure 400m is possible.

Managed to knock 10 years off my age (-1 now). It is still a shame it only relies on balance to calculate it though.

Anybody done advanced step yet? I don't get how to do the kick at all. I'm also finding jogging on the spot really hard. No matter how fast I try and go it seems to be going really slowly.

I can see the ski jump being popular in my household. I've got 347m so far but I'm sure 400m is possible.

after you do the jump where are you meant to keep your red dot, central?

Lots of amusement last night watching each other trying to do that one legged Yoga pose. Well pleased with this.

I've found on the jogging, it's easier to keep the same pace holding the wiimote rather than having it in your pocket. Probably depends on pocket type and variety of leg movement though. Plus you can overtake your guide when the little puppy appears and follow that instead in case no-one worked that out yet. I get the feeling there's tons of little eater egg style things hidden in this.

Press ups are EVIL.

Edit: My daughter was quite upset that her age was 17 (she's five) but loves playing it anyway.

195m on the ski jump. Best if you can keep it steady on the dot the whole time; hold the position at the dot when you jump, e.g. slightly forward (for my at any rate) :D

202 is my record on the Japanese version. But that took quite a few goes.

What's the general consensus on this so far? I loved the Japanese version and I'm tempted to pick this up again so I can actually understand what they're saying when I'm doing the yoga or muscle exercises so I know exactly where I'm going wrong.

Lots of amusement last night watching each other trying to do that one legged Yoga pose. Well pleased with this.

I've found on the jogging, it's easier to keep the same pace holding the wiimote rather than having it in your pocket. Probably depends on pocket type and variety of leg movement though. Plus you can overtake your guide when the little puppy appears and follow that instead in case no-one worked that out yet. I get the feeling there's tons of little eater egg style things hidden in this.

Press ups are EVIL.

Edit: My daughter was quite upset that her age was 17 (she's five) but loves playing it anyway.

I got told off for going to fast as I ran past the dog :D

If you go too fast, your Mii goes arse over tit!

Most of the comments, Hero, are mostly encouragement and breathing cues. The on screen displays are the important bit I've found so far.

The little 'un doesn't register properly on the board without some help. I beat my own ski slalom record using her as a 'joystick', 26'02 seconds ;)

Yea h it's from Namco and it's called Family Ski/We Ski depending on territory, June 13th release date. Doesn't require the board but is likely more fun with it

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2...edule_7920.html

Yep, that's right. It's good without the board, but feels great with it - even though it's only used to go from side to side (ie you can't lean forward to accelerate). That's fine, though - it feels more like proper skiing propelling yourself with the remote and nunchuk acting as the poles. It's one of the first third-party games that understands its audience completely - providing an accessible experience for families, adding Miis for the LOLs, and giving solo players a host of short missions to do, which increase in difficulty as you progress. Something for everyone, really.

Yep, that's right. It's good without the board, but feels great with it - even though it's only used to go from side to side (ie you can't lean forward to accelerate). That's fine, though - it feels more like proper skiing propelling yourself with the remote and nunchuk acting as the poles. It's one of the first third-party games that understands its audience completely - providing an accessible experience for families, adding Miis for the LOLs, and giving solo players a host of short missions to do, which increase in difficulty as you progress. Something for everyone, really.

No way! Pre-ordered + 1! :D

So, does this actualy do anything to improve your fitness at all? Surely no more than just going for a walk every day?

Most of the game is based around balance, stretching and suppleness activities. Very little of it is replacing going outside for a walk/jog/whatever. no-one is going to losing serious weight doing this for 5 mins a day.

Walking does barely anything for fitness, and WiiFit does even less. That's my point.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Walking, particularly brisk walking, can be used to achieve good cardiovascular fitness. On a basic level, this could be walking to work rather than catching the bus/metro or driving. Better fitness can be achieved through cross-country walking, or hiking.

I've not played Wii Fit, but I get the impression that most of the exercises are balance-based, with some press-ups etc. Balance and fine muscle control isn't necessarily "fitness", but in a similar way to Pilates, it really aids muscle tone and will do a lot to prevent injury when you do go all-out on a bike, running, or swimming.

Especially in Winter, when it's bad weather outside, I can think of many worse things to do than fire up Wii Fit.

Sorry, but that's just not true. Walking, particularly brisk walking, can be used to achieve good cardiovascular fitness. On a basic level, this could be walking to work rather than catching the bus/metro or driving. Better fitness can be achieved through cross-country walking, or hiking.

I've not played Wii Fit, but I get the impression that most of the exercises are balance-based, with some press-ups etc. Balance and fine muscle control isn't necessarily "fitness", but in a similar way to Pilates, it really aids muscle tone and will do a lot to prevent injury when you do go all-out on a bike, running, or swimming.

Especially in Winter, when it's bad weather outside, I can think of many worse things to do than fire up Wii Fit.

Well, i wasnt talking about speed walking, or hiking, I just meant walking normally.