Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

according to wii fit itself, during the day, due to different processes in your body, your weight can change by up to 2lbs.

In reality, it can be up to 5lbs in fluctuation. When I was dieting a few years ago, I often weighed 4 or 5lb more in the evening than I did in the morning.

In reality, it can be up to 5lbs in fluctuation. When I was dieting a few years ago, I often weighed 4 or 5lb more in the evening than I did in the morning.

Mixture of many things, non digested food and water retention are classics.

One time I weighed myself, had a bath and I was 2lb lighter when I weighed myself immediately after. Needless to say it takes quite a while to get weight off and then keep it off. Took me 3 months to lose a stone which was a combination of dieting and cycling each day.

Thats not my point.

Walking does barely anything for fitness, and WiiFit does even less. That's my point.

.::: It's a start and besides the muscle exercises can help as well. The game even allows you to track your own activities outside of Wii Fit. The entire 'game' is meant to get people in the mood to do something about fitness. It was never going to be a homeshopping marvel; those things don't exist.

I think you both over- and underestimate the general idea behind Wii Fit. It's not doing less by a long shot, and you can actually get pretty active by doing the entire course. It certainly tackled some muscles I forgot about during my normal fitness routine.

I used to do a lot of running and the idea of running in Wiifit sounded fucking ridiculous. Run on the spot? Fuck that shit man. But then I tried it and it was actually quite fucking like real running.

I was wearing shorts with deep pockets and it all worked a fucking treat and I was fucked afterwards.

I want to get fit now, where the hell can I buy it from on the high street?

Every where is sold out, damn Nintendo and their hype creating machine.

Try blockbuster if you've got one near. I saw a few on the shelves at the one near me last night.

Well I did the muscle excercises and scored 4stars on the pressups, the lying down abs excercise and the lunge one (the physicality of which I was pleasantly surprsed by). The standing and twisting abs excercise I couldnt get right nor was I much cop at teh one legged swinging one and ended up with only 2 stars on each. But after those 4 stars I was feeling pretty confident.... on retaking the wii fitness test I was thrown by the instructions and tried to keep the dot in the middle of the wiiboard when it was deliberatley moving the background so that Ive now detriorated from 13 years over my actual age to 15 years over my actual age. My original rating wasnt helped by the fact that first time round I did it with the wiiboard back to front (ie !!M insetad of Wii).

I really fancy this, but £70 is just a bit too much. Tesco's £65 + 7% quidco gets it down to about £60. Anyone else online any lower than that?

I've been trying to watch my weight and improve my diet for the last few months, and can confirm what others have said above about weight fluctuations during the day. I've definitely seen my own weight vary by 5 or 6 lbs at different times during the day (and for different reasons over the cycle of the week - more beer at weekends etc.), so that I have to weigh myself at the same time on the same day of the week to get anything meaningful to compare to previous weights.

I really fancy this, but £70 is just a bit too much. Tesco's £65 + 7% quidco gets it down to about £60. Anyone else online any lower than that?

I've been trying to watch my weight and improve my diet for the last few months, and can confirm what others have said above about weight fluctuations during the day. I've definitely seen my own weight vary by 5 or 6 lbs at different times during the day (and for different reasons over the cycle of the week - more beer at weekends etc.), so that I have to weigh myself at the same time on the same day of the week to get anything meaningful to compare to previous weights.

£60 is only a tenner more than the US, isn't it? Go for it!

Hmm. Tesco out of stock so I not possible, even if I could face spending £60 without a week's agonising beforehand.

And this on top of Mario Kart and GTA4. I thought this was the quiet time of year?

Put it this way, you'll probably live a week longer after buying WiiFit and so will probably earn more than £60. It pays for itself, and then some.

My other half hasn't played it much despite making a pledge to do something about her weight. It didn't help when she was putting in her data and it said her COG was off slightly and that swinging your arms for balance will aid this or something. So she then says, "It's not working, I guess this is what I'm supposed to be doing?" interrupting what I was doing. She misread what was on screen and had been 'walking' swinging her arms around like described for a good five minutes or so. She had to stand there and get her COG in the centre, so she gave up at this point :)