Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

It's in stock at http://amazon.fr - if you have a UK Amazon account they'll have all your address and card details already. If you choose "eclair" delivery you should have it within 3 days - 97 euros (£76) including delivery.

I think that's rotten of them, giving you eclairs with a game that's meant to help you lose weight.

Up early this morning for a Wii Fit workout before the rest of the family were up and before getting ready for work. Unfortunately I misunderestimated the time my kids get up so I ended up having an audience for most of it anyway. The Mrs suggested I should do it in the evenings instead, but I'm not sure I fancy spending the best part of 8-9pm (after the kids are in bed) prancing around the living room and preventing the Mrs from watching telly. When are those of us who don't want to exercise before a small crowd of amused onlookers actually supposed to do it?

Up early this morning for a Wii Fit workout before the rest of the family were up and before getting ready for work. Unfortunately I misunderestimated the time my kids get up so I ended up having an audience for most of it anyway. The Mrs suggested I should do it in the evenings instead, but I'm not sure I fancy spending the best part of 8-9pm (after the kids are in bed) prancing around the living room and preventing the Mrs from watching telly. When are those of us who don't want to exercise before a small crowd of amused onlookers actually supposed to do it?

This is my problem with it too - my telly's right by the window in the front room so it's a curtains closed job unless I want half of south Bristol to see me stacking it again when trying to do the tree position thingy.

Woke up a bit early this morning and thought about getting up early for a session but couldn't be arsed. I might just move the Wii up into the bedroom for a while.

It's more fun with an audience. Set it up for my sister-in-law who wanted a go, and we were all laughing at the boots hitting her in the face on the football minigame, and her tumbling off the end of the ski jump and rolling down as a snowball. I went in Toys R Us the day before, and one of the staff was on it, and there was quite a crowd watching her, one or two picking up a copy after they'd finished having a good gawp.

Well, i wasnt talking about speed walking, or hiking, I just meant walking normally.

Depends what you mean by walking normally. If you mean walking from your front door to the corner shop or from the sofa to the kitchen then probably not a huge benefit.

I use a fitbug which is a pedometer, and fitbug reckon that after walking for about 10 minutes continuously any steps after that help with cardiovascular fitness.

Just to add that having the opportunity to watch my wife gyrate whilst hula hooping makes Wii Fit my favourite game purchase evar :wub:

My sis ordered one with GAME on Feb25th and then on launch was told they didn't have enough copies to supply her. They said maybe this Thurs but can't be certain. That is bullshit isn't it? She has a receipt. Anything she can do? Is it not possible to find em in shops at the moment?

Strange request this, but has anyone progressed on this past the basic stages? I've got to show this to a fitness instructor for a video feature tomorrow, and I need a saved game with more than the basic games opened.

(I've only been playing it for a day or so and haven't got that far.)

I'm reasonably fit, I can do 12k in 20 mins on an exercise bike so that afterwards I'm nearly puking. Push ups are easy for me.

Would Wii Fit even do me any good? I bet not ;)

I'm reasonably fit, I can do 12k in 20 mins on an exercise bike so that afterwards I'm nearly puking. Push ups are easy for me.

Would Wii Fit even do me any good? I bet not ;)

Push ups are very easy for me as well, and can do 80 in around 2 mins. But all I had to do was 6 of them and 6 side thrust in Wii fit and I was ruined. Mainly because the trainer took ages between each move. I was pretty ruined after......

There seem to be some glaring flaws (which maybe have been discussed already), like with some moves you can't do them and check the screen to see exactly how well you are balancing within the balance circle. I know there is an audio cue but that doesn't help with what direction you may be falling out of the given area.

And why doesn't it have a nice mix of exercise routines? I was hoping you could, say, tell it you wanted a quick 20 minute varied workout and it would give you a routine to follow without you needing to keep quitting each exercise and going through the menu choices again. It's great fun but it could have been even better with a few tweaks here and there.

Ironically my brother borrowed my copy to take to the GTAIV midnight launch because they had no copies at his Gamestation and wanted something to do for the 4 hours before midnight.

Which just goes to show just how well its sold, it'll be dwarfed by GTAIV's sales but Nintendo should still be proud.

Ironically my brother borrowed my copy to take to the GTAIV midnight launch because they had no copies at his Gamestation and wanted something to do for the 4 hours before midnight.

Which just goes to show just how well its sold, it'll be dwarfed by GTAIV's sales but Nintendo should still be proud.

He took wii fit to use in a queue?

There seem to be some glaring flaws (which maybe have been discussed already), like with some moves you can't do them and check the screen to see exactly how well you are balancing within the balance circle. I know there is an audio cue but that doesn't help with what direction you may be falling out of the given area.

A bit of practice though and it's unnecessary to check the screen :D

And why doesn't it have a nice mix of exercise routines? I was hoping you could, say, tell it you wanted a quick 20 minute varied workout and it would give you a routine to follow without you needing to keep quitting each exercise and going through the menu choices again. It's great fun but it could have been even better with a few tweaks here and there.

Yeah, I just popped in here to say something similar. It prompts to do several execises sometimes so I don't know if there is a playlist-style feature where you just add some and do a work out, perhaps even to save it as part of the Mii-experience. If it's unlocked later than that gets a big "D'oh!" as to why that would be. In fact, why lock some of the routines at all? I understand the need to ease people into practising this stuff, learning the moves but I immediately wanted to do more press-ups and couldn't until I'd gone through playing it for more than a few minutes or went and unlock what it was I was after. Nintendo's use of 'locking' is annoying sometimes!

Also, it'd be nice to set the pace of some exercises rather than just do a tutorial and then jump straight in. Learning the correct posture/technique will be far more beneficial than badly doing the routines because the user can't keep up.

Not that I want that to sound too negative because it is a great piece of software. Perhaps this goes to highlight more the audience it is aimed at rather than someone who is already uber fit, eg me :D

I did another body test yesterday and again, my stats are perfect. But it was interesting it threw in some balance tests I haven't done before. Keeps users on their toes I suppose even though I did ace bother of them. I was asked to walk 20 paces on the spot and I got 50.1%/49.9% :D The interaction between Mii users is great too, Animal Crossing-style, "Do you know X hasn't played this in the last two days?", "How is X looking, more trim, etc... ?". Brilliant stuff.

He took wii fit to use in a queue?

No he was working in GS for the midnight opening. I'm not quite sure what benefit Wii Fit would be to him though he's 0.5 BMI off 22 (which i think is the perfect balence) the git :D all Wii Fit suggests to him is to not lose or gain any weight.