Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

Anyone else ordered the mat?

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order ##.

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Officially Licensed Wii Fit Yoga Mat (Wii)" [Accessory]

Estimated arrival date: 09/05/08 - 13/05/08

:(

What surface is it on?

Anyway, unlocked some more games. Penguins is fun! Press-up challenge too although my trainer could only make it to 11 :)

While the running is, well, running, I find it very relaxing running along the beach and around the island like that. Reminds me of Pilotwings '64 a bit, even the Mii's kind of look like the Pilotwing's characters ;) Also unlocked the boxing too!

you have mistaken me for your mother. Every time I do a body test my weight is either 14st or 17st, varies within 5 minutes! Its shit!

Are you putting the balance board on really thick carpet? If not I can only assume you have a faulty board as it shouldn't be fluctuating by 3 stone.

Are you putting the balance board on really thick carpet? If not I can only assume you have a faulty board as it shouldn't be fluctuating by 3 stone.

Yeah, the board must be faulty as there's no way it should fluctuate by that much.

What surface is it on?

Anyway, unlocked some more games. Penguins is fun! Press-up challenge too although my trainer could only make it to 11 :)

While the running is, well, running, I find it very relaxing running along the beach and around the island like that. Reminds me of Pilotwings '64 a bit, even the Mii's kind of look like the Pilotwing's characters ;) Also unlocked the boxing too!

Got free step yet? It's utter genius!

The unlocking is pretty slow isn't it. I have played for about 30 mins every night now and still have more than half of stuff locked. I lost weight last night. woohoo. So net, I've only put on 1lb since I started. Got to 173 metres in the ski jump last night.

Tried the press-ups last night and it seemed almost impossible: the Wii Fit balance board isn't wide enough, and gets slippery quickly too. Is it worth persevering with this exercise or shall I just do some press-ups and side stands separately, following the game's instructions?

I also wobbled about alarmingly and nearly toppled right over when trying to do the Yoga Tree exercise, but at least I can see myself improving with that one!

Overall, though, a fantastic package. The jogging in particular never fails to make me smile. My wife is hooked on it (as she was on Brain Training) and I can see myself returning to this on a daily basis for a long time to come.

Tried the press-ups last night and it seemed almost impossible: the Wii Fit balance board isn't wide enough, and gets slippery quickly too. Is it worth persevering with this exercise or shall I just do some press-ups and side stands separately, following the game's instructions?

I also wobbled about alarmingly and nearly toppled right over when trying to do the Yoga Tree exercise, but at least I can see myself improving with that one!

Overall, though, a fantastic package. The jogging in particular never fails to make me smile. My wife is hooked on it (as she was on Brain Training) and I can see myself returning to this on a daily basis for a long time to come.

I found the same with the press-ups, I still have a pain in my right hand from it (cue shit jokes). There is going to be a silicon pad out for it soon (see Amazon) which will probably stop it getting slippery and a bit more comfy for hand based exercises.

I was on it for an hour last night, I've now unlocked every balance game and most of everything else. The last balance game is really weird.

I did an island lap on jogging properly as well (instead of just wiggling the remote) and nearly collapsed afterwards.

And why doesn't it have a nice mix of exercise routines? I was hoping you could, say, tell it you wanted a quick 20 minute varied workout and it would give you a routine to follow without you needing to keep quitting each exercise and going through the menu choices again. It's great fun but it could have been even better with a few tweaks here and there.

This is the only problem I have with it so far. It knows my target, so why can't it recommend me a program to reach it? At the moment it feels like I'm randomly selecting things to do every day, and inevitably I end up picking favourites as opposed to the ones I might really need.

Otherwise it's a great package, does exactly what you'd expect. I can see it being a short lived novelty for some people, but hopefully the cost will encourage people to stick with it

So how long is it going to be before someone posts the location of all the symbols you have to find when jogging round the island? Or are they randomly placed each time? I've only seen one. :)

I've seen Mario. And that's it.

This is the only problem I have with it so far. It knows my target, so why can't it recommend me a program to reach it? At the moment it feels like I'm randomly selecting things to do every day, and inevitably I end up picking favourites as opposed to the ones I might really need.

Otherwise it's a great package, does exactly what you'd expect. I can see it being a short lived novelty for some people, but hopefully the cost will encourage people to stick with it

there's a WiiFit channel isn't there?

The whole programme thing could be done via that - WiiConnect24 updates that track the excercises you've taken part in and how your BMI is doing and let you launch into the excercises that it thinks you should do.

The last balance game is really weird.

I'm sure it cheats. I got to 172 seconds and hadn't moved at all yet the candle wobbled and it was game over. It is quite a nice game to do after the more physically demanding sections.

The only big problem I have is that I can now no longer do jogging as it nearly brought down the light fitting in the room below (and I'm only 12st).

The Wii Fit age is still a load of crap though. I managed to be 6 years under my proper age even though I know I am pretty unfit for my age.

Yeah I have gone from a wii fit age of 49 (I'm 43) to a wii fit age of 26 in the space of a few days. Just because I can balance ok on the board!

Enjoying all the other bits though. The lunges left my legs feeling like jelly this morning.