Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

northy

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Freeloader after playing WiiFit yet. My sister is planning on getting WiiFit, but I want to know if it kills the Freeloader before she gets it. Figured this was the best place to ask about that.

Thanks in advance!

NO I have an NTSC wii. I have to Free load it each time. Freeloader will stop any updates.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Freeloader after playing WiiFit yet. My sister is planning on getting WiiFit, but I want to know if it kills the Freeloader before she gets it. Figured this was the best place to ask about that.

Thanks in advance!

I can still play my NTSC copy of NMH and I have both Mario Kart and Wii fit with channels on my system.

You're quite safe.

I had my first go since Monday this morning (/confession) as I'm working from home so I seized the moment while the Mrs took the kids to school. I think I'm going to focus on the aerobic and balance games, and give the yoga and muscle stuff a miss until I've lost some weight. So far I've put on two pounds in a week! But then again I've only played it four times so far. I need to up my game I think, and start making time for it.

Have any of you actually considered maybe, I dunno, going outside to do exercise? Not having a go. Just wondering.

I hate jogging in real life, although I've done enough of it over the years. I always feel very self conscious when exercising, which I know is irrational but nevertheless it just makes me embarrassed to be out plodding along.

Have any of you actually considered maybe, I dunno, going outside to do exercise? Not having a go. Just wondering.

Yes, and I do cycle.

Doesn't mean I cant enjoy Wii Fit. In fact before Wii Fit id have never thought of doing Yoga but now I'm interested in maybe joining some classes.

I go running three times a week, thanks.

I'm finding Wii Fit a great supplement to that. The Yoga in particular is great for me because I've never had the discipline to do stretches properly and have always been a bit afraid of "doing it wrong".

Plus, it's fun, you miserable bastard.

Fair does. I just don't get the point of it. I'd feel more self concious prancing around my living room on a balance board than I would running outside. :lol:

Tell me about your father.

Lot of adults talking about just exercising themselves, but has anyone bought it for their kids so when they play hours of videogames you can sigh a little relief that they're not just sitting on their arses? I would imgine that would make up a large part of the lasting market for this game.

I've increased my outdoor exercise since getting the Wii Fit. For me motivation is the biggest problem I have with exercise because I lack the self discipline to do it regularly. Yet with Wii Fit exercise is monitored, logged and you can see visual improvement on-screen because of the high score tables. Anything that can help me stay motivated whilst doing exercise is a good thing in my book.

I go running three times a week, thanks.

I'm finding Wii Fit a great supplement to that. The Yoga in particular is great for me because I've never had the discipline to do stretches properly and have always been a bit afraid of "doing it wrong".

Plus, it's fun, you miserable bastard.

:wacko: Nowadays I do so much (real) running that I don't have much time at all for video games; with the the time I do have, I would be stupid to waste it playing Wii Fit :lol:

Lot of adults talking about just exercising themselves, but has anyone bought it for their kids so when they play hours of videogames you can sigh a little relief that they're not just sitting on their arses? I would imgine that would make up a large part of the lasting market for this game.

My daughter loves the jogging and ski jump.

Fair does. I just don't get the point of it. I'd feel more self concious prancing around my living room on a balance board than I would running outside. :lol:

Well, that's why I only play with it when I'm the only one in the house. :wacko:

Bought this today and enjoyed my first session. The fact that I had the muscle stiffness associated with a proper 'outdoors' workout (which I can never bring myself to do through embarassment) suggest that - if I keep to it - this will be a very useful product.

Oooh, unlocked all the games now. Snowboarding is tough huh?

I didn't realise (until the board told me :wub: ) that you can add your own activities to the log! Each activity is added as a light, medium or hard workout. Go have a look as there its quite funny what the game considered exercise :wub:

I didn't realise (until the board told me ;) ) that you can add your own activities to the log! Each activity is added as a light, medium or hard workout. Go have a look as there its quite funny what the game considered exercise :(

It doesn't consider them exercise - it considers them activities :lol:

I did a 30 minute workout last night, mainly on the more active games (jogging, step, boxing). Bloody ace! Knackered afterwards. I'm going to try for an hour in one go at some point this weekend.

Oh, and Step Plus is a bit chuffing lethal, isn't it? I nearly fell over a million times.